The Rumour Thread

One of the beetles has a symbol that resembles Alarielle/Lady of Vines but what about the other? It has a similar symbol but with "horns"...

If I have to bet about the Sylvaneth preview, I would do it for a new Kurnoth Hunter heroe as aspect of Kurnoth or some kind of champion/herald of him. As such Lady of Vines is the daughter of Alarielle and her right-hand, this new Kurnoth champion could be a mirroring heroe for Kurnoth and Kurnothi aspect of the faction.

Also, this character could lead a new Army of Renown with a Kurnothi theme, with rules for Kurnoth Hunters, Arch-Revenant and Treelords.

• LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, Trugg the Troggoth King said:

One of the beetles has a symbol that resembles Alarielle/Lady of Vines but what about the other? It has a similar symbol but with "horns"...

If I have to bet about the Sylvaneth preview, I would do it for a new Kurnoth Hunter heroe as aspect of Kurnoth or some kind of champion/herald of him. As such Lady of Vines is the daughter of Alarielle and her right-hand, this new Kurnoth champion could be a mirroring heroe for Kurnoth and Kurnothi aspect of the faction.

Also, this character could lead a new Army of Renown with a Kurnothi theme, with rules for Kurnoth Hunters, Arch-Revenant and Treelords.

Oh that’d make a lot of sense!

Fits both the Era of the Beast that the forest spirits would manifest more hunters to take down the beasts & rampaging incarnates with a “brother” to the Lady of Vines demigoddess and be a great narrative boon for the Dawners in Ghyran having supernatural trackers like that to aid them pushing Order into enemy territory.

It’d be cool if we’d also get smaller hunter spirit-hybrids based on the Kurnoth Hunters to help round out the other Revenants with a halfway between the stoic tree-revenants & crazy spite-revenants.

There’s a lot of creative art commissions for other varieties of Soulbound Sylvaneth and more Ghur-flavored exotic tree people could really be great going forward with the Excelsis Dawner narratives Cubicle7 are working on.

image.jpeg.7c8284b974ba824590a0a5bed3d32d43.jpeg

image.png.3d8b6e169a7915ed3f3e95293c39403c.png

image.jpeg.11482accf6fd4c1903e2ca82b12b2714.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

8 hours ago, MitGas said:

There'd probably be some catchy music and if we're lucky some hawt chick kicking stuff, not just emo-jrpg-chaos dude. 👌

Was thinking more along the lines of ivalice and some iconic monsters. Chocobos, tonberrys, bombs, moogles etc. Final fantasy tactics on a tabletop.

Cant wait to see what they have in store for this reveal. Besides Kurnothi i dont have a clue. Hoping for an updated roadmap at least. Would live to know how many books we are getting. Also, when would they announce 4th edition?

I hope that if there is a Sylvaneth / Kurnoth release that it will build more on the aesthetics that Skaeth's Wild Hunt introduced. I would be a bit disappointing if it is indeed somekind of treeman or tree/aelf hybrid in a box with Kurnoth hunters.

A pure Wood Elf theme with some AoS flavour would also be nice. New Wanderers, but I guess that's just wishlisting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grunbag said:

I haven’t read the rumor thread the late days , but is there anything rumored / coming for destruction ?

The last Destro unit for third edition is the Kruleboyz Underworlds warband that is rumored that It is gonna be released during winter. After that, Destro would wait until next edition

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

I find myself a little confused by Whitefang's likes. I understand that Kurnothi is essentially just a religion so any kind of Sylvaneth can be Kurnothi. I perfectly happy for a new Kurnothi subfaction to include Kurnoth Hunters and other existing minis but what does that mean for new minis? These previews almost never talk about rules so there is definitely at least one new mini on the way. 

Does this mean that new Kurnothi will have nothing that sets them apart aesthetically? 

Right now there are three varieties of Sylvaneth. Tree people (Treemen, Kurnoth Hunters, Dryads etc),  Tree/Aelf hybrids (Alarielle, tree revenants, gossamid archers etc), and outcasts (Drycha and spite revenants). I was hoping we would see the new Kurnothi minis  add a fourth aesthetic that tiptoes the range back towards its wood elf origins. 

Even if they don't do that, I hope whatever comes for Kurnothi does do something interesting with the aesthetics of the range. 

I think the bugs on the promo pic and whitefangs trophy emoji on the comment re more bugs could probably lead to the theory that we will see something like a giant bug in the same vein as the giant pig or even a hero on bug. Could be a herald of Kurnoth as a redesigned Wild rider? 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

24 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The last Destro unit for third edition is the Kruleboyz Underworlds warband that is rumored that It is gonna be released during winter. After that, Destro would wait until next edition

Unless The Silent People are Destro 😉

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah, realistically they are just a backdrop element for that one Underworlds season. Still want to see them materialize, though. Especially if they make them GA: Death.

Who cares about Silent People when Chorfs are comin'

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Chikout said:

I find myself a little confused by Whitefang's likes. I understand that Kurnothi is essentially just a religion so any kind of Sylvaneth can be Kurnothi. I perfectly happy for a new Kurnothi subfaction to include Kurnoth Hunters and other existing minis but what does that mean for new minis? These previews almost never talk about rules so there is definitely at least one new mini on the way. 

Does this mean that new Kurnothi will have nothing that sets them apart aesthetically? 

Right now there are three varieties of Sylvaneth. Tree people (Treemen, Kurnoth Hunters, Dryads etc),  Tree/Aelf hybrids (Alarielle, tree revenants, gossamid archers etc), and outcasts (Drycha and spite revenants). I was hoping we would see the new Kurnothi minis  add a fourth aesthetic that tiptoes the range back towards its wood elf origins. 

Even if they don't do that, I hope whatever comes for Kurnothi does do something interesting with the aesthetics of the range. 

Based on the Book 2 lore I would expect something from the Tree/Aelf group that you mentioned. I think Kurnoth/ Kurnothi have the same problem that Valkya lately. Too much mentions leading to expectations that won't be met.

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Based on the Book 2 lore I would expect something from the Tree/Aelf group that you mentioned. I think Kurnoth/ Kurnothi have the same problem that Valkya lately. Too much mentions leading to expectations that won't be met.

To be fair it's because whitefang said they were coming. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Who ever thought Kurnothi would be happening XD.

Who say it is? It seems it could just be a tree character with loads of Kurnoth Hunters in a box. That's not what I call a Kurnothi release like we thought that would happen when the Underworlds Skaeth the Wild Hunt was released. ;-). Than it is just an extra character for Sylvaneth.