The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, elfhead said:

It still seems a little random that this Pegasus is in plastic, but the other old world are resin. The priestess on unicorn is resin too right? Maybe this Pegasus will have multiple builds, or the mold has been made a long time ago for an unreleased Bretonnia wave.

Because just like with LoTR, you inevitably need plastic characters to draw in players that wouldn't buy the game if it was resin only. WFB always had a selection of basic plastic heroes to provide a predictable core for your army (because you would more likely buy them) and finecast/metal heroes (named/generic). TOW is doing the same thing except it's FW resin now.

• Like 7

Plus we havent seen the full context yet, this might just be a new Pegasus knights kit or multiple characters, or SOP for OW releases.

Hell it might still be a prototype they arent planning on releasing like the dwarf command sprue i saw again recently, we just dont know yet.

Given that rumors mention an overhaul of the Skaven range and a potential introduction into the shadow realm, is this enough to say that Malerion and his Aelves may release late 3rd edition or perhaps current of 4th edition or are we crossing our fingers too much on this subject ?

1 hour ago, Danaork said:

Given that rumors mention an overhaul of the Skaven range and a potential introduction into the shadow realm, is this enough to say that Malerion and his Aelves may release late 3rd edition or perhaps current of 4th edition or are we crossing our fingers too much on this subject ?

I’d guess if there’s a new faction at the end of 3rd, it’s Chaos Dwarfs. They’ve been mentioned more often this edition. If it moves to shadow next edition, I’d guess Malerion appears at the end of that edition.

• Like 2

I thought that since the pegasus sprue is on its own it could be sold with mutliple other rider sprues to make different kits but I just thought of another solution. What if the rider is in resin? Since everything else they showed until now was resin it wouldn't surprise me and the rider would have more details then the pegasus so would make sense.

Would also explain why there aren't any connection points on that sprue to a rider sprue

Edited by Matrindur

6 hours ago, Danaork said:

I think you personally are crossing your fingers a bit too much, sorry to say. I could be wrong certainly... but for once I hope not - there are enough aelf factions already (for the time being) and there are enough order factions. Let some other GAlliances and races have some time in the spotlight :P

7 minutes ago, Garrac said:

How many have we got so far?

Five so far:

Fyreslayers (1st book)
Flesh-eater Courts (1st book)
Maggotkin of Nurgle (1st book)
Gloomspite Gitz (1st book)
Orruk Warclans (2nd book)

While unlikely its possible they are counting different sub-factions as multiple which would make Trugg and the Rabble-Rowza count as two so 6 factions.

Also I don't remember anymore but did they say 12 factions for the campaign or 12 factions during the campaign? Because then the Cities releases could also count as one

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Five so far:

Fyreslayers (1st book)

While unlikely its possible they are counting different sub-factions as multiple which would make Trugg and the Rabble-Rowza count as two so 6 factions.

Also I don't remember anymore but did they say 12 factions for the campaign or 12 factions during the campaign? Because then the Cities releases could also count as one

Um, then, I won't say "I wish Beastmen and skaven are one of those 7-6 factions left" because you can only cope so hard (don't play beastmen but their poor fanbase also deserves it) but I hope at least something for dwarfs as the entire race? I dunno, some funny mini for a long deserving faction

Edited by Garrac
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Five so far:

Fyreslayers (1st book)

( at least) 12 factions for Dawnbringers campaign. 

Cities can be anyway part of these with rumored models for Callis and Toll.

We don't know if Blacktalon and her gang will be Dawnbringers as well.

We  have strong rumors also about fyreslayers, kurnothi and khorne ( scyla anfigrimm)

Sigmar saves Whitefang! :)

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 3

An AoS-ified Grombrindal (with his new design for Dispossessed, and alternate builds for how he appears to the other Duardin factions) for CoS, FS and KO would be a really great move as the anniversary model. He's got one novel with a second one coming up most likely, he played quite a big role in Broken Realms and the aftermath, and Grungi is making moves.

Duardin unification is obviously a failed attempt from Grungi, but Duardin cooperation is working very successfully. We haven't had a real AoS Grombrindal yet, and as long as it is absolutely not limited and has actual AoS rules it would be great.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Garrac said:

Well, i supose it will be 5 since there are still like 8-9 months left of Age of Sigmar and almost everyone got a battletome at this point

I mean, I can see there being only 4, but GW loves plot twists with publishing and marketing

Mini models for mini monster eggs, hehe

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

This is the slide they showed at Warhammer fest and Eddie clarified that to be over a dozen factions. Screenshot_20231006-173609.png.7593a6c5e60e6cc5623ada6c4b38b334.png

Eddie also said it was a multi book series but  never stated the exact number of books. 

Dozen means about 12 - 14 factions, maybe

Edited by lele