The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I wouldn’t expect the book until mid-November at the earliest. They’re on about a 2-3 month release schedule. 

Are you talking about Dawnbringers. How comes, if so, 3.0 is the end?. But i heard it would be AOS 4.0 box this Winter,

Edited by lele

7 minutes ago, lele said:

Are you talking about Dawnbringers. How comes, if so, 3.0 is the end?. But i heard it would be AOS 4.0 box this Winter,

Big edition releases are always summer releases. Based on their 3 year edition cycles we're expecting AOS 4 in june/july.

Normally they have a narrative campaign to "conclude" the edition, and dawnbringers seems to be this editions version of that. There's supposed to be 4 dawnbringer books.

1 minute ago, Ganigumo said:

Big edition releases are always summer releases. Based on their 3 year edition cycles we're expecting AOS 4 in june/july.

Normally they have a narrative campaign to "conclude" the edition, and dawnbringers seems to be this editions version of that. There's supposed to be 4 dawnbringer books.

Screenshot_20230921-155726.png.0575555da4211cfe0f98ba37ec0a70c9.png

3 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

AOS 3 is special, it has many models than ever, i dont know why.

9 minutes ago, lele said:

So what is this?

Valrak is aswering to the winter boxes question, he is also talking about the V4 box because he might have infos but the 2 are not related. 

As far as I remember, no version of 40k nor AOS has been released during winter. This season is for the winterboxes and the advent calendar, there is too much things to release something as big as a new version, firstly. 

Secondly, they will not release a dawnbringer book that close to a new version release (dawnbringer 4 is scheduled for this winter) 

And thirdly, we already had some hints, previews, leaks or trailers of the V4 if we were that close to the release :) 

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 6

Just now, Vagard said:

Valrak is aswering to the winter boxes question, he is also talking about the V4 box because he might have infos but the 2 are not related. 

As far as I remember, no version of 40k nor AOS has been released during winter. This season is for the winterboxes and the advent calendar, there is too much things to release something as big as a new version, firstly. 

Secondly, they will not release a dawnbringer book that close to a new version release (dawnbringer 3 is scheduled for this winter) 

And thirdly, we already had some hints, previews, leaks or trailers of the V4 if we were that close to the release :) 

But this is roadmap, book 3 will be this autumn. New battletome and book 4 will be this winter.

Screenshot_1.jpg

1 hour ago, lele said:

Screenshot_20230921-155726.png.0575555da4211cfe0f98ba37ec0a70c9.png

GW's fiscal year ends at the end of may, and starts in june. There's a zero percent chance of AoS 4 coming during this fiscal year since we already had 40k 10th edition this year. There's a bunch of business reasons for it, but releasing both new editions during the same year would create a big spike in revenue and profit that would crater next year and hurt their stock prices by a lot. Its the reason they space the edition releases out like this in the first place and why we're on a 3 year cycle.

• Like 6

Also just to remind people asking about the next Dawnbringer book, there’s a Warhammer Day preview soon (couple of weeks I think).

As for talk about Valrak and his rumours - always remember he makes YouTube videos as his job and he needs you to click and watch them. He’s going to drip feed stuff to keep you watching. Also depending on where he gets his info from, it can be Chinese whispers. For example, a rumour at the start of Age of Sigmar could have been talking about a big dragon thing, that could be a Maw Crusher. 😉

I love the enthusiasm Valrak has, but always have a pinch of salt for rumours. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DoctorPerils said:

Dawnbringer 4 this winter (december-february), AoS 4 in June 😉

GW generally release new stuff like this during January-March period, December tends to be for the big Christmas boxes/releases only.

But who knows this year, with Epic being pushed back it could be they release all sorts this December.

Spring is packet with 40k releases, like 6 codexes ? I could see this as dry time for Aos. Imo FEC will be released in feb and book 4 in march for sure before addepticon. I hope we get a small release/range update there and it might be ogres. They already shown with IJ that we can get a supstential release without new battletome. 
What I hope is that with some rumors saying the narrative action might go to Andtor ,which is a frozen land in Ghur - new WHU season is also going there, we get a small update to BCR. That would include yethees, frost sabers and mournfang. Fingers crossed for a woolly rhino 🦏 😀

All that is whish listing but there is a reason why our roadmap ends at winter and 40k got spring. There is an army hidden there and I hope it’s ogres :)

Fingers crossed for Whitefang react 🤪

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Also just to remind people asking about the next Dawnbringer book, there’s a Warhammer Day preview soon (couple of weeks I think).

As for talk about Valrak and his rumours - always remember he makes YouTube videos as his job and he needs you to click and watch them. He’s going to drip feed stuff to keep you watching. Also depending on where he gets his info from, it can be Chinese whispers. For example, a rumour at the start of Age of Sigmar could have been talking about a big dragon thing, that could be a Maw Crusher. 😉

I love the enthusiasm Valrak has, but always have a pinch of salt for rumours. 

I love Valrak, his enthusiasm makes all the difference with this hobby and community, the stream banter is always easy listening while painting as well. 

Plus he brings the hype. When you know the rumours are from the trusted source, you know it's bang on. That's just my personal preference though. I can't be bothered with critical discussions sometimes. I just wanna finish work, pick up me brush, and let the hype flow through me, even if it's the same rumour for the 100th time. 😂

He always jokes about AoS but it's only joking. I think some people take his bantering too seriously. 

5 hours ago, Sception said:

I do not recommend gluing magnets to the miniatures themselves.  If the magnets are strong enough it can make it wonky to move them near other minis with their own magnets.  Also, a hollow bottomed base is just easier to move and position over uneven terrain and a magnet can get in the way of that (this is also why plain hollow bases are better than slotted bases with tabs on the minis).  Also if you glue magnets inside the bases you need to be very particular about the size and strength of the magnets you use - too weak and it won't hold the model, too strong and you might break the model when lifting it from the metal transport sheet (especially an issue for fragile models like skeletons and nighthaunts), too short and the magnet won't make contact with the storage sheet, too tall and the model will stick up and wobble, etc.

Instead I use a dremel with a sanding or grinding head to flatten the inside of the base, then glue a flat bit of steel clipped of a steel sheet up in there, being sure to sand/grind any points or burrs off the bit of steel first.  you can stick a magnet to the steel bit under the base when you want to transport the model or stick it to something, and take the magnet out when you want to game with it or put it on a storage or display shelf.  This also lets you swap out magnets if you find a particular one is too strong or weak or large or small for a given model, or add extra magnets if you find one isn't enough.  You can also save money on magnets since you'll only need enough for the models you're transporting to a given game, you don't need em for models on storage or display shelves.

I do sometime still glue small magnets in, typically for slotta base models where I'm feeling too lazy to actually to clip out the tab to glue them to non-slotta bases, or where the tab is required structural support that just can't be removed.

For my own stuff I use 2mm thickness disk magnets of various diameters, from 2mm diameter for smaller/frailer stuff up to 5mm diameter for bigger things.  2mm x 3mm is the size I use most often for infantry models.  If a single 2mm x 5mm disk magnet isn't strong enough, then i use multiple magnets.  2mm thick is pretty much the right thickness to just glue straight up under a 25mm base, though you might have to scrape, sand, or dremmel some raised text flat.  On larger bases 2mm thick often isn't enough to make contact if you just glue it up there, but remember that for all my models /apart/ from some 25mm slotta bases I glue a bit of metal up under the base and the magnet just sticks to that, and the extra height of the metal makes 2mm fit fine for any base.  In fact, it often sticks out below the base, but that's ok because again I can pop the magnet right off during the game.

Don't neglect the strength of the magnet while you're focusing on size.  Especially for smaller magnets, like those 2mm x 2mm ones, if there's not a decent strength to the magnet it won't hold.  I mean, you can always use extra magnets if one isn't enough, or larger magnets if like me you get them in different sizes, but still.  N52 is usually about right.

I sincerely admire the dedication, but when I reached the dremel phase I already knew that this is way too much for me. I’ve never had any problem with magnets in bases, so I will stick (pun intended) to the simple approach 😄

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

This message is Nighthaunt approved.

I used really useful boxes, plates and magnets to transport my nighthaunt to canada from the UK. Zero breakages.

GW cases are not suitable for modern minis, The new one may work but I doubt it's cheaper or more effective than stackable boxes with magnets. We have small kids and a dog. The magnets go nowhere near them. In the same way we have bleach and other hazardous products in the house. Noone gets to play with them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

I used really useful boxes, plates and magnets to transport my nighthaunt to canada from the UK. Zero breakages.

GW cases are not suitable for modern minis, The new one may work but I doubt it's cheaper or more effective than stackable boxes with magnets. We have small kids and a dog. The magnets go nowhere near them. In the same way we have bleach and other hazardous products in the house. Noone gets to play with them.

I need to get proper boxes for my armies. Like my Choas Warshrine only gets played at home as I don't have anything that can accommodate that stupid thing. I clearly need to get a proper drill to magnetize some of my bigger models. Currently my Frostlord and Huskards are riding with blue tack and prayer. 

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Just wanted to point out a slight bs from GW. This is not concept Art, it’s the scene rendered with an outline (one can see the polygons of the (Steering-Handle)

44344730-3B5A-476F-89AF-7FEA0B46F1CB.jpeg.cdfee61ee1b68373977b938b5e2d6098.jpeg

anyways. The show‘s been very enjoyable so far!

Not to be too pedantic but concept art can be done through rendering in 3d too, the whole thing involves exploring and building off a variety of ideas and some of that is done in 3d, especially in later concept stages with cgi shows and films to help capture the look and feel. With GW, where a lot of their modern models are designed digitally first, there's also going to be a lot of existing 3d assets that could be used to help with concept work so it makes sense to lean on that too.

6 hours ago, EntMan said:

Not sure if this means yes, more than four...

First Book we got 4 harbinger for each GA and almost every harbinger point out a character.

Destruction: Rabble-Rowza -> King Troggth.
Choas: Harbinger of decay -> Ruin Queen.
Death: Marrowscroll -> Summerking.
Order: Grimhold Exile -> unknow.

And second Book came with King Troggth as cover with a lot of rule for destruction.

so we can expect one book for Ruin Queen, one book for Summerking,

there should be fifth book for unknow character from order GA.

Edited by Greene
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1