The Rumour Thread

47 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I was sick yesterday and I can't update the list but I'm fine right now!

Hide contents

Necromunda

Age of Sigmar
Cities Battletome + Infrantry + Cavalry + Foot Marshall + Mounted + the Not-Ogor + Alchemist + Manticore + Fusiliers + Pontifex + Command Group + Cannon
Mistery book Winter
Dawnbringer: 3
Dawnbringer: 4

Warcry
Scenary outside
2 Warbands (Order vs Death)
2 Warbands (who knows)
Krule Monsta-hunta
Fyres-hunters
Cities Doggy Hunters + Gorgers

Underworlds
Starter Set Again?!
Slaanesh vs Idoneth Core box
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Two more Cerastus type Knights
Old Spaceship returns
MKIII
MKIII Army box
Deredeo
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Fulgrim
Lords of War
Horus weapons
Exemplary Book
Traitor Champion

Warhammer 40k
Space Marines Codex - Launch Complete army
Marines from Agastus
Adeptus Mechanicus
Necrons
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 

LotR

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin + Standard Bearer + Unicorn hero
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    
Ivan the bones
Kirioth
Vampire Team + Cards + Spike
Vargheist
Vampirate
Count Luthor

Epic HH
The box
Dire wolfs
Support box (Deredeo, Leviathan, Tarantula & Rapier)
Support Auxilia
Kratos
Baneblade
Rhino
Warhounds
Medusas
New terrain

shoudn't the underworlds section be something like this now?

Underworlds

Starter Set Again?!
Slaanesh vs Idoneth Core box
Chaos Warband
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Edited by Gotz

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

When's the next reveal show from GW ? Now that NOVA's over, I have no clue if there's some big shows left this year. 

There could be a Warhammer Day preview coming up in early October, though the Warhammer day preview last year was solely focused on 40K and Killteam. Hopefully if it does happen again this year they'll expand it out to more systems or have it solely based around AoS this time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I had no clue there was a warhammer day in october. What happened last year, they revealed stuff ? I honestly cannot remember a single thing about it.

Probably because it was a 40k/Kill Team only preview

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/08/celebrate-35-years-of-warhammer-40000-with-todays-warhammer-day-preview-online-today/

Last year we also got another one for the Us Open finals in November, might also get that again this year

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/19/watch-the-warhammer-preview-online-2022-right-here/

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Nop, we are waiting for one

ok, now I'm really lost XD

so... they released an starter box (vanguard stormcast vs skeletons) on June, and soon are releasing the Slaanesh vs Idoneth "core" box... and there is another starter box announced? 

Is this the Barnes&Noble box (Ironsoul vs Skeletons) or another thing?

Just now, Gotz said:

ok, now I'm really lost XD

so... they released an starter box (vanguard stormcast vs skeletons) on June, and soon are releasing the Slaanesh vs Idoneth "core" box... and there is another starter box announced? 

Is this the Barnes&Noble box (Ironsoul vs Skeletons) or another thing?

It was announced with them but It is not a Barnes&Noble box

2 hours ago, SilentSentinel said:

There could be a Warhammer Day preview coming up in early October, though the Warhammer day preview last year was solely focused on 40K and Killteam. Hopefully if it does happen again this year they'll expand it out to more systems or have it solely based around AoS this time. 

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Probably because it was a 40k/Kill Team only preview

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/08/celebrate-35-years-of-warhammer-40000-with-todays-warhammer-day-preview-online-today/

Last year we also got another one for the Us Open finals in November, might also get that again this year

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/19/watch-the-warhammer-preview-online-2022-right-here/

I would hope its AOS focused then. Even if it is a new Edition year for 40K. 

At the very least...

help-lips.gif

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I would hope its AOS focused then. Even if it is a new Edition year for 40K. 

At the very least...

help-lips.gif

Isn't warhammer having some sort of games cycles? Yesterday I read that we should be happy with the current AoS development compared with last's year one, but I always felt AoS and 40k have some sort of cycles. When one is down the other is up, so I trust in AoS for this warhammer day seing it seems to be AoS focus time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Isn't warhammer having some sort of games cycles? Yesterday I read that we should be happy with the current AoS development compared with last's year one, but I always felt AoS and 40k have some sort of cycles. When one is down the other is up, so I trust in AoS for this warhammer day seing it seems to be AoS focus time.

It certainly seems that AoS had about a year of very little content right after the switch to 3rd edition. Right now, it feels like cool stuff is coming out every week. I wish they would strike a better balance with this kind of thing, but their rolling battletome updates and three year edition cycle makes it hard, I think.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2023 at 10:55 AM, Ejecutor said:

Chaos: 

Beasts of Chaos
Blades of Khorne
Disciples of Tzeentch
Hedonites of Slaanesh
Maggotkin of Nurgle ✔️
Skaven
Slaves to Darkness

Death

Flesh-Eater Courts ✔️
Nighthaunt
Ossiarch Bonereapers
Soulblight Gravelords

Destruction

Gloomspite Gitz ✔️
Ogor Mawtribes
Orruk Warclans ✔️
Sons of Behemat

Order

Cities of Sigmar 
Daughters of Khaine
Fyreslayers ✔️
Idoneth Deepkin 
Kharadron Overlords
Lumineth Realm-lords
Seraphon 
Stormcast Eternals 
Sylvaneth

We have so far 5/12. Having already 2 destruction factions covered and being this book the destruction related one it seems very unlikely that we would have more destruction ones.

Khorne rumours seems pretty strong, so that would be the 6th, and based on the comments during the last months I would say Silvaneth is almost confirmed as well, being the 7th.

That leaves 5 more factions fully open to speculation.

My guess would be OBR for Death, just purely for balancing the releases between Grand Alliances.

Then KO and ID, to give them a bit of love, and to finish the "roster" 2 more from Chaos, but I am not fully sure which ones. Maybe Slaves and something else.

I didn't read the last Dawnbringer short until now, and it cleared a bit my doubting one. With the appearance of Skavens into the equation... maybe they get something as well, so that would fit on my missing chaos guess.

53 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Someone metioned there's one left every month. One of them being the Warhammer day.

It's usually Warhammer Day towards the end of October, sometimes a bigger preview in November (last year we had Arks of Omen + a bunch of other stuff in November after a themed preview for Warhammer Day), and then a Black Library preview in December.

My personal guesses would be:
Warhammer Day: Anniversary Edition

• Harry The Hammer
  • Old World
  • Nostalgia themed new stuff for 40k and AoS (Grombrindal?)
  • Dawnbringers Book 3?

November Event Preview

• FeC reveal, maybe tease earlier
  • Dawnbringers Book 3/4
  • Bunch of 40k
  • Misc. Old World, Necromunda etc.

December Black Library

• Siege of Terra finale
  • Callis and Toll minis
  • 40k/HH BL mini
  • Like 2

Warhammer day is completely unpredictable. It has been in the first week of October (last year), the last week of October twice and the last week of June since it started. 

40k is also a bit weird. The releases for 10th edition have been surprisingly light. In 9th edition Necrons got about 15 new kits, but we've only seen about 10 so far for Tyranids. Also their big centrepiece is Avatar sized not Knight sized. On the Marine side there are only about 10 new kits compared to about 15 last time with no new vehicles or other big kits in sight. The next big update for 40k is not coming until the Dark Angels in the spring. 

That leaves plenty of space for AoS. Even if the old world launches early next year it looks like it will be just two boxes with one new kit each plus a bunch of resin and old kits.

I'm still wondering if Dawnbringers doesn't end up copying 40k and being a five book series. That would give more room for the 12+ factions and fill the void between FeC and 4th edition. 

The spring before a new edition has actually been quite big for AoS so far. 

Before Second edition we got Nurgle, Legions of Nagash, DoK and IDk. Before 3rd we got wave two for Slaanesh and Lumineth, Soulblight, Belakor, Kroak, the van Densts  Gardus, the Slaanesh twins and Kragnos. 

It would be very unusual if we got FeC and then nothing this time. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Warhammer day is completely unpredictable. It has been in the first week of October (last year), the last week of October twice and the last week of June since it started. 

40k is also a bit weird. The releases for 10th edition have been surprisingly light. In 9th edition Necrons got about 15 new kits, but we've only seen about 10 so far for Tyranids. Also their big centrepiece is Avatar sized not Knight sized. On the Marine side there are only about 10 new kits compared to about 15 last time with no new vehicles or other big kits in sight. The next big update for 40k is not coming until the Dark Angels in the spring. 

That leaves plenty of space for AoS. Even if the old world launches early next year it looks like it will be just two boxes with one new kit each plus a bunch of resin and old kits.

I'm still wondering if Dawnbringers doesn't end up copying 40k and being a five book series. That would give more room for the 12+ factions and fill the void between FeC and 4th edition. 

The spring before a new edition has actually been quite big for AoS so far. 

Before Second edition we got Nurgle, Legions of Nagash, DoK and IDk. Before 3rd we got wave two for Slaanesh and Lumineth, Soulblight, Belakor, Kroak, the van Densts  Gardus, the Slaanesh twins and Kragnos. 

It would be very unusual if we got FeC and then nothing this time. 

Im hoping for 5 Books as well!!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

It's usually Warhammer Day towards the end of October, sometimes a bigger preview in November (last year we had Arks of Omen + a bunch of other stuff in November after a themed preview for Warhammer Day), and then a Black Library preview in December.

My personal guesses would be:
Warhammer Day: Anniversary Edition

• Harry The Hammer
  • Old World
  • Nostalgia themed new stuff for 40k and AoS (Grombrindal?)
  • Dawnbringers Book 3?

November Event Preview

• FeC reveal, maybe tease earlier
  • Dawnbringers Book 3/4
  • Bunch of 40k
  • Misc. Old World, Necromunda etc.

December Black Library

• Siege of Terra finale
  • Callis and Toll minis
  • 40k/HH BL mini

Pretty solid guesses over here imo.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Space Marines getting not as much isn't surprising as Primaris are pretty well equipped now and it seems they are going to start with individual chapter updates this edition starting with Dark Angels. If vanilla Marines would get as many models as with 9th and then Dark Angels would also get a lot in a few months that would probably oversaturate even the last Marine collector.

And since they want the two starter factions to be about even that also means Tyranids got a bit less than Necrons last year. They also didn't need that many since Tyranids already got quite a lot of kits before, their problem was more that many where quite old. With this update all the finecast is gone and there is only one kit left that really doesn't look great (Raveners). Meanwhile Necrons in 9th was more concentrated on getting completely new units to bolster their ranks so they still have a number of old/resin kits. But even then they still have less kits on the webstore than Tyranids.

12 minutes ago, Baz said:

We got pretty good timing here :D

Edited by Matrindur