The Rumour Thread

The marketing move of telling about the Ironjawz pdf as a something new is the star of the show. It is something that they do before with Warcry, Arks of Omen or the Dawnbringers Book I and they do it again but with a bit of marketing and BOOOM

EDIT: The Ironjawz PDF are pages from the Dawnbringers II

Edited by Nezzhil

19 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I think a full overhaul/refresh for Bonesplittaz *could* work, in terms of clearing out the old grab-bag of concerning visual references, but it'd need to be a really strong and strikingly different look. Otherwise, my Hot Take is that AoS orruks would be better off having Bonesplittaz retired completely and replaced with a new orruk subfaction not weighed down by the old savage orc baggage at all.

(Obviously this would suck for fans invested in the current bonesplittaz but it feels like something GW is probably going to need to tackle at some point).

One thing that makes me wonder if Bonesplittaz might actually be in it for the long haul is how prominently they featured in the lore during Broken Realms and the existence of the Underworlds warband:

4BFmfJjXuen1VPLt.jpg

As far as I know, no (sub-)faction that has received new models post AoS launch has ever been completely removed.

• Like 2

A few catches from the preview:

Trugg: he has a Trogbling (minitroll)! Really hard to kill, he can regenerate wounds for other trolls and he regenerates more than them.

Zogrott: he comes with a weapon to smash enemies that can disable ward saves for the rest of battle. The other weapon is to buff your units (?).

Brute Ragerz: Can run&charge with a lot of diferent weapons.

Weirdbrute wrekkaz: Linebreaker unit, with "so many attacks".

Ardboyz: 3+ save that if charged, their spears are "better".

The Ironjawz supplement is a free PDF to add to Ironjawz or Big Waaagh.

The new campaign book let you build an Ironjawz army of only pigs, an army of renown for Troggoths (lead by Trugg) and another one for Kharadron Overlords (Grundstock Expedition).

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

It has been an excellent NOVA preview ! It felt great waking up and looking at the revealed minis, and they were both numerous and really good looking. My takes :

• 40k : Those Space Marines look good ! I'm glad this wave is not another one of Primaris extravanganza with over the top units and a plethora of Unpronouceablors - the new Primaris unit - but instead focuses on upgrading already existing classic kits like Sternguards, Terminators, Scouts... for a new era. 
  • AoS King Trugg is an amazing centerpiece mini. It must feel so good to be a GSG player, every edition GW spoils you with new minis. The new wave of Ironjawz is fantastic, I'd say they're a proper army now. I'm glad the Ragerz/Wrekkaz are a double kit, but the Ardboyz are a definite finalist for minis of the year for me. They really hit the nail for these ones.
  • Warcry Wildercorps was already known but it was a really welcome surprise to see the 2nd warband was plastic Gorgers. I was absolutely not expecting that and it was really pleasant to see that news because boy do they needed an update. I really do hope these plastic Gorgers heralds a new wave of Ogor sculpts and I think they just might. 
  • WHU : Those Slaaneshi demons are a glimpse into what 2020s sculpts for Demonettes would look like, and it makes me wish we could get those. It's nice to see Idoneth getting some love, do those Thralls look a bit more heavily armored compared to the standard ones ? I'd love to see more Deepkins.  
  • Old World Really beautiful miniature with the Bretonnian Prophetess. 
  • Blood Bowl I love these vampires, that flair of Bela Lugosi/Christopher Lee Dracula coupled with Blood Bowl is so fun !
  • HH Hey, new Dreadnought and MKIII, good for HH I guess. But Fulgrim... What a phenomenal sculpt. I was not expecting him in HH given he'll be going back to 40k too, but wow is this model impressive. Forge World did deliver a masterpiece with this one. If he was sculpted by Simon Egan like the other FW Primarchs, then he's proven us he's the GOAT of Primarchs. What a fantastic way to end the preview.

Overall, my favourites here are the BB vampires, the Gorgers and of course Fulgrim. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

also really hoping the Ard Boyz have options other than spears

I may be wrong, but I think they'll only have these spears to differentiate them as much as possible from brutes.

Otherwise, superb revealss from this Nova Open:

• I really like Inronjawz (this ardboyz... glorious !), Warcry gorgers and Blood Bowl vampire team.
  • Deathgorge is really nice (boards are much cooler than the Gnarlwood/Wyrdhollow ones, in my opinion) even if I don't really like the armies chosen, and the MkIII armour for HH. Fulgrim is also impressive. Great character for TOW.
  • Space marines news, on the other hand, are an absolute bore. Next.

The Ironjawz supplement is kinda interesting to me cos, other than obviously meaning folks won't need to pick up a separate book again, what's actually going to be in it?  Is it just collecting the new warscrolls for people who don't have/use the AoS app, which would have all the scrolls for free anyway, or are there additional traits/enhancements/etc. that wouldn't normally be unlocked in the app without a code?

4 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

The Ironjawz supplement is kinda interesting to me cos, other than obviously meaning folks won't need to pick up a separate book again, what's actually going to be in it?  Is it just collecting the new warscrolls for people who don't have/use the AoS app, which would have all the scrolls for free anyway, or are there additional traits/enhancements/etc. that wouldn't normally be unlocked in the app without a code?

Nothing wrong if its just what would be in the app. Not everybody want to/can use the app so nice to have it as a pdf too

33 minutes ago, Jaepic said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but looks like some new terrain in the background. Seraphon ruins with bamboo on top 

Probably just build by the studio for that image

24 minutes ago, Beliman said:

The new campaign book let you build an Ironjawz army of only pigs, an army of renown for Troggoths (lead by Trugg) and another one for Kharadron Overlords (Grundstock Expedition).

Wonder if the Trugg box will be the only one for Dawnbringers 2 or if Ironjawz and Kharadron will also get one.

Edited by Matrindur

4 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

The article says new warscrolls, a new army of renown, ‘eavy metal painting pictures, and lore. Pages right from the new book.

1 minute ago, dmorley21 said:

The article says new warscrolls, a new army of renown, ‘eavy metal painting pictures, and lore. Pages right from the new book.

Do we know what being an "army of renown" actually means? Do they work like a subfaction? Or a warscroll battalion that gives you extra rules in exchange for running a certain army list?

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Do we know what being an "army of renown" actually means? Do they work like a subfaction? Or a warscroll battalion that gives you extra rules in exchange for running a certain army list?

If they are like 40k AoR then are subfactions with a bit more rules but with a big limitation of unit composition

• Thanks 1

I feel like bonesplitterz will be away for next battle tome , and they will focus on gork with ironjawz and mork with kruleboyz . 
we have new tatooed orruks with weird brutes filled with waaagh frienziness. Looks like bonesplitterz identity will be split into ironjawz and kruleboyz . Maybe an internal war will start between warclan , or kruleboyz and bonesplitterz or something and bonesplitterz will lose the war and move to legends ?

IMG_5250.jpeg

IMG_5249.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

I feel like bonesplitterz will be away for next battle tome , and they will focus on gork with ironjawz and mork with kruleboyz . 
we have new tatooed orruks with weird brutes filled with waaagh frienziness. Looks like bonesplitterz identity will be split into ironjawz and kruleboyz . Maybe an internal war will start between warclan , or kruleboyz and bonesplitterz or something and bonesplitterz will lose the war and move to legends ?

IMG_5250.jpeg

IMG_5249.jpeg

I'm beyond ready for an orruk "civil" war that leads to the battletome splitting into two (or three*).

(*I don't care for Bonesplitters personally and would rather see their aesthetics split between IJ and KB)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CDM said:

Edit:Also Im sure I recall halflings being diminutive ogres In WFB? Could be mis rememberinh. This little guy did make me think though that it would be great to have mini ogors for CoS or for Ogor kingdoms.

I believe it was that the Old Ones had specifically designed Ogres and Halflings to go together: halflings are the best cooks and ogres are the best eaters. But somewhere along the line they'd been separated, and Ogres tried to fill the hole with Gnoblars (even occasionally gluing fur to Gnoblar feet to make them more Halflingy).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sabush said:

I'm beyond ready for an orruk "civil" war that leads to the battletome splitting into two (or three*).

(*I don't care for Bonesplitters personally and would rather see their aesthetics split between IJ and KB)

They can save headkrakka mini like he can be the source of the civil war by joining the weirdboyz

i really wish they will keep big waaagh , i like the possibility of playing either warclans or both in a single army . 

Edited by Grunbag

49 minutes ago, Beliman said:

The new campaign book let you build an Ironjawz army of only pigs...

Check out all these cool new Ironjawz minis: now here's rules for building an army that excludes almost all of them.

Side note, can't Ironjawz almost build a pure pig army already (you need a general, but one of the subfactions has Gore Gruntas as battleline, so once we get the Big Pig that should be possible using the hero variant of it).

34 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

I believe it was that the Old Ones had specifically designed Ogres and Halflings to go together: halflings are the best cooks and ogres are the best eaters. But somewhere along the line they'd been separated, and Ogres tried to fill the hole with Gnoblars (even occasionally gluing fur to Gnoblar feet to make them more Halflingy).

In REALLY old WH Fantasy Roleplay lore I think both were created by the Old Ones, after Elves, Dwarves and Men, specifically to be resistant to Chaos, but Halflings weren't properly finished before the Old One's civilization collapsed, which was why they were still small and weak.