The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

Why not just order it from a dozen different online retailers that don't have queues, have stock and offer 20% off? 

For a limited item like this, that might sell out incredibly quickly, it's often safer to order from GW. I had an order for one of the recent Kill Team boxes cancelled by my online retailer because GW decided to send them less stock than originally promised (likely because GW was selling more themselves). That's not likely to happen with a direct GW order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Got my box with a crisp 20% discount from a lfgs.

Now to wait for it to get through distribution from the UK... hopefully it gets here before October 😛

Don't you have something with that kind of discounts in your country? I am surprised by the messages here how many people people buys straight from the GW site. I bought a couple for 199,12 € (including a 35,84 voucher I got with loyalty points), when its GW price in euros is 155. And normally you get those boxes earlier than the ones from GW.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I am not liking that one bit... looks like you'll need to be there in the first 30 secs to grab your box. It's going to be the most extreme shotgun I have ever seen.

image.png.81f0e5e76313630c5f787b6b6097ea45.png

Edit : do I lose my place in the queue if I refresh the page ?

I checked like 30 mins ago and it was still available without queue.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Don't you have something with that kind of discounts in your country? I am surprised by the messages here how many people people buys straight from the GW site. I bought a couple for 199,12 € (including a 35,84 voucher I got with loyalty points), when its GW price in euros is 155. And normally you get those boxes earlier than the ones from GW.

I got it from a local store for (converted from local currency) around 115-120 €.

Delivery times have been pretty rough recently (Harbringers came 2 weeks after release for the local distributor from the Britain, end of July releases are still not in the country etc.), so that's why I mentioned the UK.

59 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It's not surprising really. Feels like a guarantee if what you want. I don't have a local independent close to me so can't pop in and I've been let down three times by online retailers for limited edition stuff. It wasn't necessarily their fault but sometimes you'll pay £20 extra for the 'guarantee'!

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

For a limited item like this, that might sell out incredibly quickly, it's often safer to order from GW. I had an order for one of the recent Kill Team boxes cancelled by my online retailer because GW decided to send them less stock than originally promised (likely because GW was selling more themselves). That's not likely to happen with a direct GW order.

I understand the need for caution, but Just looking around at the usual places it doesn't seem to be sold out anywhere, I don't think there's any need to panic on this one. The Harbringer boxes sold out faster than this did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I've checked every single third party retailer in Japan and not a single one offers a discount. It's a weird country sometimes. 

Stahly from Tale of painters posted this scale comparison picture. I find the scale a bit strange, as i.e the newer Soulblight skeletons are much bigger than the old ones, but the steelhelms have the size of the old skeletons... . Bizar. The cavaliers are a head bigger than the steelhelms, also a bit bizar. I guess I need to rescale my Last Sword Dark Elves to fit the smaller steelhelms.

https://taleofpainters.com/2023/08/review-cities-of-sigmar-army-set/

H260yUI.jpg

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Stahly from Tale of painters posted this scale comparison picture. I find the scale a bit strange, as i.e the newer Soulblight skeletons are much bigger than the old ones, but the steelhelms have the size of the old skeletons... . Bizar. The cavaliers are a head bigger than the steelhelms, also a bit bizar. I guess I need to rescale my Last Sword Dark Elves to fit the smaller steelhelms.

H260yUI.jpg

I figured they'd be small, but yeah dang they're shorter than I expected. Good for people who still have old Empire models I guess.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The new Cadians are about the same height as the 20-year old kit that preceded it too. Does seem like scale-creep is something more reserved for non-humans.

I guess City-dwellers don't have the best nutrition. 

Yeah, and the Cadians example is a good one, as the Kaskrin are a head bigger and now it's again the same. Steelhelms are much shorter than the cavaliers. Imo, it's stupid, I've ordered the armybox, but I would have prefered the same scale for Steelhelms and Cavaliers.

Edit: Everything is 3d designed, so I wonder why it is so hard to make everything scale wise fit with each other. It's absurd that the new Soulblight skeletons are much bigger than their living counterparts.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

GW have been massively overproducing these types of boxes recently.

You really shouldn't have any issues getting hold of one, especially as AOS is far from 40K's level of popularity.

Obviously, there is an international customer base for GW products, so if you are based somewhere off GW's beaten track your experience will vary. However, apart from a few select products (Black Library special editions which are targetted by scalpers) stock really has become less of an issue from when they were experiencing multiple different issues (many of which were out of their control)

GW doesn't want (or need) to sell out of product, it's not like a high fashion brand where the value is tied directly to its scarcity. I also think that a lot of forum folk (here and elsewhere) don't really understand the nature of print runs. If GW has a forecasted demand of say 3400 of a particular product, they will do a run of 4000 (Or even 5000). Which will cover the forecasted demand with plenty left over to absorb any additional demand. It might mean that there is a perception that they are "massively overproducing" stuff but in doing so they are able to make each product even cheaper than if they only printed 3000 which sells out almost instantly. 

The actual base cost of production for GW products is almost entirely related to "upfront" costs in terms of design, not the actual, plastic, paper and ink you physically get. A product will have a development cost, a minimal run to offset that cost then every additional product sold thereafter is almost entirely profit. 

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

H260yUI.jpg

Lore-wise the heights make sense.

Steelhelms: malnourished militia or soldiers living on more inhospitable Realms so smol

Cavaliers: either well fed nobles or hard-bitten warriors that fought their way out of their doomed villages and survived crossing the dangerous wastes to civilization so like better off Order of Azyr members or the Arch-knights are very tall(sometimes I wonder if Azyr energy making them be able to reach a Stormcast’s shoulder like the Silver Tower warpriest)

Deathrattle: started human-sized with Shadespire but between Shyish’s growing energies causing undead to swell with power and the introduction of Ossiarch Bonereapers weeding out smaller skeletons for parts only the most armored and heroic bone bois can survive the Realmscapes battlefields to fight for their undead kingdoms or under their vampire allies.

Same explaination they gave why Soulblight lords are so tall up to Stormcast height really, all that death energy does an undying body good. 💪💀  (well until you slightly overdose and explode into a Vengorian or Vyrkos horror anyway)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

The cavaliers are a head bigger than the steelhelms,

What’s your source? (Also: Images pls!)

Deathrattle: Mostly healthy former humans living an awesome live in the age of myth.

I am not bothered by size differences, they also exist in real life.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

What’s your source? (Also: Images pls!)

Deathrattle: Mostly healthy former humans living an awesome live in the age of myth.

I am not bothered by size differences, they also exist in real life.

Apart from the scale differences between the two sets. It seems the sets are very well designed with lots of customization. 

image.png.7672fb03237bfb417cf55809297193e9.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, madmac said:

I understand the need for caution, but Just looking around at the usual places it doesn't seem to be sold out anywhere, I don't think there's any need to panic on this one. The Harbringer boxes sold out faster than this did.

Yeah, it doesn't seem necessary with this, nor with most AoS related stuff. I was just saying why I might still order direct from GW.

Yeah,  even the Seraphon and S2D boxes didn’t sold out during preorders either (you can still buy the those boxes from online retailers here and there)

it really been only a 40K problems with both their bundles like the Lion or Killteam boxes that have been outsold during the preorder window

They do seem to come out of that silly not producing enough mentality. Could they be producing big surplus at short notice now? based on pre order amounts and they'll ramp up some last minute increase out. 

the latest boxes are quite safe as well because even if they do to much they can re purpose minis etc 

• Like 1

In the last financial report it stated they have a new forecast team which we seem to be seeing the work of. 

I've done forecasting before for a big supermarket chain and it's not a easy thing as there are so many variables. 

The team seen to be doing a good job tho. 

• Like 7