The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I think It is totally possible in November since September is Dawnbringers book 2 and October  Cities full release. Tyranids is september and space marines could be october.

AoS_Roadmap_Q2-2023-1024x576.jpg.webp

uguh4jrtbswa1-850x478.png

You forgot Blood Bowl, Warcry, Kill Team, Underowlds, Epic and the Battleforces. And who knows if Old World would be released too because the Pegasus sprue date is 2023.

Edited by Nezzhil

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

You forgot Blood Bowl, Warcry, Kill Team, Underowlds, Epic and the Battleforces. And who knows if Old World would be released too.

We will get a better idea after the preview next week as that will be the focus of what GW will be releasing in Autumn 

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

You forgot Blood Bowl, Warcry, Kill Team, Underowlds, Epic and the Battleforces. And who knows if Old World would be released too.

There are all small releases , plus battleforces and old world are probably December/Xmas releases.

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

The main problem is "when".

Broken Realms had a few Heroes for Tzeentch (flying magister) and BalloonMaster for Kharadrons, but still no units. And we are talking about the campaign that ended the last edition (2.5 years ago)...

Fyreslayers had 2 Heroes released so far, and still no new units. Ossiarcs had another one, but no skellyarchers. Idoneth too.

What I'm trying to say is that AoS doesn't have a lot of 2d waves on its belt. Yes, new upgrades/remakes, but appart from that, I think that the only micro-army that had a 2d wave is Sylvaneth and maybe Lumineth (if we accept that they had 2 releases instead of one split in too). Ironjawz seems to going to be the next in line.

Those other heroes weren't tied to a campaign. They were in a dual box. images(12).jpeg.185ff34c955a875cfa336a953208a1a3.jpeg

Obviously nothing is set in stone but it's surprising how well broken realms has matched up with the 3rd edition release schedule.  

We already know that the FeC Harbinger is getting some friends soon. The Gloomspite harbinger is getting a Troggoth. Nurgle are a very popular faction who haven't had anything substantial since first edition. It wouldn't surprise me if 4th edition had an update for them. Ironjawz are doing a Lumineth and getting their update as part of the campaign itself. 

If we get a Kurnothi hero, I'd expect a larger update within the first couple of years of 4th. If they get a few kits or just a warcry warband I wouldn't necessarily expect anything new for a while. 

I think a lot of people are still burned by 2022. I don't think anyone was expecting 5 kits for the Ironjawz update, especially with cities on the horizon. Whitefang keeps telling people not to be pessimistic about the FeC release but I still see lots of posts saying it will be a small release. 

There's a lot of mystery surrounding this series. We have a roadmap showing 4 books for 2023 but still don't think we've had it confirmed that the series is only 4 books long. Gw said at least 12 factions. By the end of book 2 we'll have had 5, (6 if Blacktalon is part of Dawnbringers). There's no real indication what the other factions will be. We know Callis and Toll are coming. Are they part of Dawnbringers or are they a black library release like Drekki and Cado?

Why are we thinking that the Kurnothi are part of book 3, why not 4 which could slip into next year if the want to make room for Legions?

Whitefang was hinting at Darkoath cavalry before. Could that be yet another multi kit update as a part of Dawnbringers? Maybe that will be next year too. 

I think the Tyranid pre-order will tell us a lot about GW's plans. If they put it all out in one go, it suggests that they are going all out this autumn. If they break it up, it suggests that GW is going to take it slow and expectations can be managed accordingly. Multi week releases for Nids, Marines and Cities really wouldn't leave much room for other big releases in the schedule. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Those other heroes weren't tied to a campaign. They were in a dual box. images(12).jpeg.185ff34c955a875cfa336a953208a1a3.jpeg

Obviously nothing is set in stone but it's surprising how well broken realms has matched up with the 3rd edition release schedule.  

We already know that the FeC Harbinger is getting some friends soon. The Gloomspite harbinger is getting a Troggoth. Nurgle are a very popular faction who haven't had anything substantial since first edition. It wouldn't surprise me if 4th edition had an update for them. Ironjawz are doing a Lumineth and getting their update as part of the campaign itself. 

If we get a Kurnothi hero, I'd expect a larger update within the first couple of years of 4th. If they get a few kits or just a warcry warband I wouldn't necessarily expect anything new for a while. 

I think a lot of people are still burned by 2022. I don't think anyone was expecting 5 kits for the Ironjawz update, especially with cities on the horizon. Whitefang keeps telling people not to be pessimistic about the FeC release but I still see lots of posts saying it will be a small release. 

There's a lot of mystery surrounding this series. We have a roadmap showing 4 books for 2023 but still don't think we've had it confirmed that the series is only 4 books long. Gw said at least 12 factions. By the end of book 2 we'll have had 5, (6 if Blacktalon is part of Dawnbringers). There's no real indication what the other factions will be. We know Callis and Toll are coming. Are they part of Dawnbringers or are they a black library release like Drekki and Cado?

Why are we thinking that the Kurnothi are part of book 3, why not 4 which could slip into next year if the want to make room for Legions?

Whitefang was hinting at Darkoath cavalry before. Could that be yet another multi kit update as a part of Dawnbringers? Maybe that will be next year too. 

I think the Tyranid pre-order will tell us a lot about GW's plans. If they put it all out in one go, it suggests that they are going all out this autumn. If they break it up, it suggests that GW is going to take it slow and expectations can be managed accordingly. Multi week releases for Nids, Marines and Cities really wouldn't leave much room for other big releases in the schedule. 

Cities are gonna be released during october as soon, and that implies that October would be Marines and Cities month with a minor game to fill out one week.

EDIT: We have Agastus marines waiting to be released too

Edited by Nezzhil

31 minutes ago, Baz said:

Re timelines, Autumn is from 23 September to 21 December and according to the aos roadmap we have cities main release and Books 2 and 3 of the Dawnbringer series to be released in autumn. On top of that the space marines release will be in this time as well as rumoured old world and possibly the delayed legio imperialis. 

Also since LI was delayed and has to be inserted somewhere those roadmaps aren't necessarily correct anymore. Most of it will likely be the same but even with older roadmaps some stuff was released earlier/later than planned and that was without a whole new game system having to be moved around

Edited by Matrindur

I think NOVA will show us an updated schedule. GW is releasing a bunch of stuff at high speed at the moment so it might be plausible they are releasing some thing simultaneously? I'll just wait and see. We know the books are coming and we know they are updating at least 12 armies a lot more to go before 4th edition. Unless 4th gets a completely different timeframe than we are expecting. Then our guesses would be completely off.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

It is definitely antlers of some form but hard to tell if they are attached to a majestic Aelf stag, or mutating out of a Chaos champion or Beast of Chaos. I could also see this being a not quite dead trophy for a FEC hunter.

Plus never discount the possibility of something fantasy based and natural just being tossed onto a 40k model. New Flayed One hero with antlers on their new skin suit 

I am of the mind that it is Kurnoth but only because it is the topic of our current conversation and I desperately hope it is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Big ol antlers. Can't be anything else (but it probably will be)

Maybe it is the return of this fella

image.png.120cf98b59afe67e4de0621b863fb394.png

Since the krondspine is the Incarnate of beasts, then the original from WHFB could be promoted to an actual unit 

Krondspine is one of the types of Incarnates of beasts. They stablished that Ghur could contain multiple types of Incarnates of beasts. We know that Gallet have one too.

Edited by Nezzhil

The rumour engine has been weird lately. There were a bunch of reveals in the spring with Seraphon and Kill team but nothing since then. There was nothing from Leviathan, nothing from the whole Tyranid range or the whole Cities range. We are now at 20 weeks without a reveal. I think that might be a record. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Krondspine is one of the types of Incarnates of beasts. They stablished that Ghur could contain multiple types of Incarnates of beasts

Very disappointed we've only had one incarnate so far. Was hoping for a box of three it four a bit like the malign sorcery set that was so popular and grounded the edition so well

Very intriguing rumour engine today!

• Like 2