The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Copywolf said:

As long as the new 'ardboyz have some kind of shield+choppa combo and come in units of 10, I'm fine with them looking like mini brutes because the armor is very Ironjawz but the loadout and size would be enough to tell them apart.

I think this might be my first Whitefang react!

• Like 1

That ardboy is just one mini, soI’ll wait to see the rest of the kit before I make any judgement. Saying that, I hope the new ardboys look at least half as decent as the Black Orcs recently made by Avatars of War - because they Nailed it! 

356F3545-8F55-4275-AC52-C04DDF2806EF.jpeg

6435F234-0922-41E2-A111-25C6ECA807FE.jpeg

0DD638D4-E295-4ADC-AEFB-AFF8FAF7D720.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 5

3 hours ago, Kronos said:

That ardboy is just one mini, soI’ll wait to see the rest of the kit before I make any judgement. Saying that, I hope the new ardboys look at least half as decent as the Black Orcs recently made by Avatars of War - because they Nailed it! 

356F3545-8F55-4275-AC52-C04DDF2806EF.jpeg

6435F234-0922-41E2-A111-25C6ECA807FE.jpeg

0DD638D4-E295-4ADC-AEFB-AFF8FAF7D720.jpeg

The revealed model is a stand alone hero and not part of a 'new ard boyz kit. 

I’m willing to bet the Kurnothi release is the upcoming Order vs Destruction warcry expansion. A recent Loremasters video mentioned Sylvaneth facing Ogors in the Gnarlwood. There’s a nonzero chance that those Sylvaneth are Kurnothi, while the Ogors are the only remaining reasonable faction for Destruction who are absent from the Gnarlwood in some form (Beastsnagga Kruleboyz representing Big WAAAAGH!, Grinkrak’s Looncourt representing the Gitz)

8 hours ago, Snarff said:

Where did we get that Fyreslayers are coming with Dawnbringers 3?

If I remember correctly Whitefang hinted that something it is coming for Fyreslayers. And Dawnbringers 2 has been confirmed to be Destruction focused while Dawnbringers 3 should be Order focused. 

58 minutes ago, cyrus said:

If I remember correctly Whitefang hinted that something it is coming for Fyreslayers. And Dawnbringers 2 has been confirmed to be Destruction focused while Dawnbringers 3 should be Order focused. 

Yeah there was some hint from whitefang about this. Dawnbringer book 3 bring order based hasn't been confirmed but I have my suspicions that it will be plus crusade into realm of Fire is always going to involve fyreslayers. 

3 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

I really do believe that it will be more than just one foot hero given the existing Underworlds warband, but it is just my opinion without anything to back it.

My problem with the Book 3 is when is gonna be released. The October to December's First half timeline is fully of big releases. If I must to bet then the third book would be similar to the first one.

Edited by Nezzhil

29 minutes ago, Baz said:

Yeah there was some hint from whitefang about this. Dawnbringer book 3 bring order based hasn't been confirmed but I have my suspicions that it will be plus crusade into realm of Fire is always going to involve fyreslayers. 

Yes , I think we could get small releases for Kurnothi (Ghyran) and Fyreslayers (Asqhy) , 5/6 kits in total to pair with Dawbringers book 2 . 

20 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Sometimes I prefer a Warcry release than a new small hero

A small hero for a main release usually means something bigger is on the way. Nighthaunt, Gloomspite and Stormcast got big releases after malign portents. Cities, Sylvaneth, Seraphon, Stormcast again, and Slaanesh and Slaves to Darkness all had releases within a year of the individual Broken Realms minis. 

The only exception is Darkoath and Whitefang has hinted that they are getting something new too. 

Warcry and Underworlds are cool but they often have one off releases that aren't really tied to the main release schedule. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

I really do believe that it will be more than just one foot hero given the existing Underworlds warband, but it is just my opinion without anything to back it.

I'm thinking the same, just going back to whitefangs first statement back in March re Kurnothi release, just have a feeling it would be a couple of kits.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes , I think we could get small releases for Kurnothi (Ghyran) and Fyreslayers (Asqhy) , 5/6 kits in total to pair with Dawbringers book 2 . 

And when are you gonna release a big bunch of kits like that with the autumn that we have?

5 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Am I missing something (hope so) but didn't we already get something for Fyreslayers with the Grimhold Exile in the regiments of renown box?

We also already got some Gloomspite, but there's a portal Troggoth coming anyways. And Ironjawz is getting a range refresh/expansion, so there is hope for more than one kit at a time too.

15 minutes ago, Chikout said:

A small hero for a main release usually means something bigger is on the way.

The main problem is "when".

Broken Realms had a few Heroes for Tzeentch (flying magister) and BalloonMaster for Kharadrons, but still no units. And we are talking about the campaign that ended the last edition (2.5 years ago)...

Fyreslayers had 2 Heroes released so far, and still no new units. Ossiarcs had another one, but no skellyarchers. Idoneth too.

What I'm trying to say is that AoS doesn't have a lot of 2d waves on its belt. Yes, new upgrades/remakes, but appart from that, I think that the only micro-army that had a 2d wave is Sylvaneth and maybe Lumineth (if we accept that they had 2 releases instead of one split in too). Ironjawz seems to going to be the next in line.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Am I missing something (hope so) but didn't we already get something for Fyreslayers with the Grimhold Exile in the regiments of renown box?

Gloomspites got 1 hero and renown box and they will get Troggoth box with second Dawnbringer so anything is possible 

19 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Gloomspites got 1 hero and renown box and they will get Troggoth box with second Dawnbringer so anything is possible 

I know it's possible for Fyreslayers, but people seem to be suggesting that it's definite based on Whitefang. I'm not doubting The Fang, just wondering if this particular prophecy might already be fulfilled.

(Hoping I'm wrong)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I know it's possible for Fyreslayers, but people seem to be suggesting that it's definite based on Whitefang. I'm not doubting The Fang, just wondering if this particular prophecy might already be fulfilled.

(Hoping I'm wrong)

I definitely got the feeling there were kits not just a character coming but can't remember why I got that impression from him.

58 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

And when are you gonna release a big bunch of kits like that with the autumn that we have?

I haven't been following the roadmap but I would have thought Jan/feb would have been more likely, but you never know they may want to push a bunch of stuff out before Christmas.

1 hour ago, Baz said:

I'm thinking the same, just going back to whitefangs first statement back in March re Kurnothi release, just have a feeling it would be a couple of kits.

Anything more than a single kit or single character would be fantastic. That said I would really like to see a character or two for them as well as a unit, they could really take it somewhere special with the current quality of sculpting. Thinking of the 6th edition Woodelf heroes with the possibility of a centaur/deer legged hero. I really do hope for some part animal elvesand I hope they are suitably wild/fae. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

I think It is totally possible in November since September is Dawnbringers book 2 and October  Cities full release. Tyranids is september and space marines could be october.

AoS_Roadmap_Q2-2023-1024x576.jpg.webp

uguh4jrtbswa1-850x478.png

• Like 1

Re timelines, Autumn is from 23 September to 21 December and according to the aos roadmap we have cities main release and Books 2 and 3 of the Dawnbringer series to be released in autumn. On top of that the space marines release will be in this time as well as rumoured old world and possibly the delayed legio imperialis.