The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Rachmani said:

Kruleboys finally crept up to 45% =D

Clearly they're finally fixed and don't need any more help, and there is no way this could be skewed by a few recent results. 😃

Also I don't really know where they pull their stats from. I expected KB higher because they did have a few good recent results and not many overall results.
Ironjawz seem higher than they actually are, and BW seem way lower than I expected based on other stats. Gitz are also considerably higher than other stats show, and poor bonesplitterz don't show up at all. Feels like someone at GW was personally traumatized by BS being playable at the start of the edition and has it out for them.

3 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Now look what you've done, Slaanesh players, don't you remember what happened last time our book was briefly absurd?  Stop spamming archers before they nerf everything else in retaliation, I've only just blown the shelf dust off all my hedonites!

The nerf is decided but they want to wait until the first half of september to release it

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Skaven, Nurgle and Stormcast: They are looking to fix the BT problem of these 3 armies.

I find this way to "help" underperforming armies really sad. You've a bad/outdated battletome, here, have some free points :/

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

The video is very insteresting:

Ossiarch that are gonna be hitted hard: Mortisans, Arkhan, Katakros and Immortis
Soulblight: All the whole range is a problem
Slaanesh: Blissbarb archers

Skaven, Nurgle and Stormcast: They are looking to fix the BT problem of these 3 armies.

Hopefully they touch on the fact that it’s really only 1 Mortisan (The Boneshaper), and besides Katakros, Arkhan, and the Immortis Guard, the rest of our range is kinda pathetic after the Gothizzar Harvester got hit with like, 5 nerfs in 1. Even with the Null Myriad aura, I’m fairly sure people aren’t complaining about the Soulmason, Ossifector, or the Soulreaper because they’re not seeing any play. 

12 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I find this way to "help" underperforming armies really sad. You've a bad/outdated battletome, here, have some free points :/

At this point I think several factions are just beyond simple fixes and GW is doing everything it can to 4.0.

Would not be surprised if the win rates are a lot lower for some factions. Their 40k stats were pretty questionable.

20 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

At this point I think several factions are just beyond simple fixes and GW is doing everything it can to 4.0.

Would not be surprised if the win rates are a lot lower for some factions. Their 40k stats were pretty questionable.

It quite possible (given GW history) that 4.0 is a total reset of the game and battletomess and they are just letting the meta slide until then 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

It quite possible (given GW history) that 4.0 is a total reset of the game and battletomess and they are just letting the meta slide until then 

Oh I 100% believe that. Between the new Stormcast units and all of Cities I am trying to figure out what new systems they will bring over.

I'm guessing the heroes being 3 inches from the unit and the removal of the magic phase are pretty up there as being big changes to the system. Both feel very close to the 40k changes.

Edited by RyantheFett

2 hours ago, novakai said:

I really hope this isn't the case.
Things aren't nearly bad enough balancewise to justify it, and honestly things are more balanced now than they have been for most of aos.
At the start of 3rd we had like 4 armies with 60% and a handful of armies that had fallen way below like gitz and BoC.
Plus the actual core rules are good, and players tend to agree, with the only sore points being coherency, core battalions, and secondary objectives. All of which are pretty fixable with minor changes.

The last handful of battletomes were overcooked a bit, but they're getting reined in based on stats, and at this point Gitz might even be underperforming again.
They just need to make a bigger effort to make balance changes, instead of just looking at the stats 2 weeks before the battlescroll and taking random shots at armies. Like I know they addressed one of the zombie warscroll issues, but who in their right mind thinks those things are remotely appropriately pointed, even with the change.
They also tend to just throw crumbs to low performing armies in the 45-48% range, when they should be a little aggressive, especially since even if they go higher than intended they probably won't break the 55% mark.

6 minutes ago, Colonic said:

They say in the article there were not enough Bonesplitter players to make analysis worthwhile.

They're bad and don't have interesting lists because most of the warscrolls are trash, nothing but the wurgogg has an interesting ability, and they're pointed terribly. Most of those were complaints when the battletome came out, but some good players figured out that a big stabba spam list was pretty cheeky when you can ignore ward saves and nurgle was dominant, but it got promptly nerfed into the ground and got nothing in return.

Bonesplitterz aren't a popular army at the best of times, but combine that with abysmal rules, and no signs that things will get better and it isn't surprising no one is playing them.

They somehow also ate nerfs in the winter update, and everything except pig spam is awful without gally vets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

I really hope this isn't the case.
Things aren't nearly bad enough balancewise to justify it, and honestly things are more balanced now than they have been for most of aos.
At the start of 3rd we had like 4 armies with 60% and a handful of armies that had fallen way below like gitz and BoC.
Plus the actual core rules are good, and players tend to agree, with the only sore points being coherency, core battalions, and secondary objectives. All of which are pretty fixable with minor changes.

The last handful of battletomes were overcooked a bit, but they're getting reined in based on stats, and at this point Gitz might even be underperforming again.
They just need to make a bigger effort to make balance changes, instead of just looking at the stats 2 weeks before the battlescroll and taking random shots at armies. Like I know they addressed one of the zombie warscroll issues, but who in their right mind thinks those things are remotely appropriately pointed, even with the change.
They also tend to just throw crumbs to low performing armies in the 45-48% range, when they should be a little aggressive, especially since even if they go higher than intended they probably won't break the 55% mark.

It probably one of those thing they do regardless of how people feel the current state of the game is, it more base on that they seem to reset the game every 3 editions given their history. Not saying we always follow what 40K does but we also don’t really diverge from them as much either.

regardless 4th will happen with a new rewritten core rules and they keep churning out new battletomes for every army much like 40K 10th edition. Just like when 2nd and 3rd happen for AoS.

Edited by novakai

1 hour ago, dmorley21 said:

Except these factions are specifically called out as their book tactics are not balanced compared to other books. 

Skaven and Stormcast have extremely bad battle tactics 

skaven are all clan and unit specific meaning you have tailor your list to even have a chance and can only achieve in very specific scenarios 

Stormcast are also very situational and unit specific as well, one requires CoS units in your army the other requires a 10 bravery unit to loose a model to battleshock

nurgles has a few achievable ones but they are either easy to fail or also require certain units to complete

Edited by novakai
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, novakai said:

It probably one of those thing they do regardless of how people feel the current state of the game is, it more base on that they seem to reset the game every 3 editions given their history. Not saying we always follow what 40K does but we also don’t really diverge from them as much either.

regardless 4th will happen with a new rewritten core rules and they keep churning out new battletomes for every army much like 40K 10th edition. Just like when 2nd and 3rd happen for AoS.

This is probably for the best too, honestly, While I love 3rd and find it vastly superior to 2nd; I know a few players who don't like it and have stopped playing AoS. 

• Like 1

I really really really don’t want them to reset aos. aos 3.5 would be nice for 4th rather than any sort of reset. There is no need to invalidate all the warscrolls - I can’t see what benefit we would gain as we already have a near perfect format. 

sure they can rewrite battalions, add more about scenery etc but I don’t think the game needs a reset 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2