The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Ok bear with me here. The skeletons on the base look like 'dead' skeletons. Surely a death model would have skeletons rising out of the dirt rather than sinking into it. Now if Ushoran is opposing Nagash, that fits but it could be something that fights death rather than for it. 

The designers and sculptors do like to pay attention to this kind of symbolism. Be’lakor for example has the dying chaos warrior on his base to indicate his role as the prince that’s bitterly opposed to the intentions of the rest of chaos. Could see something similar being done for Ushoran, perhaps.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

The designers and sculptors do like to pay attention to this kind of symbolism. Be’lakor for example has the dying chaos warrior on his base to indicate his role as the prince that’s bitterly opposed to the intentions of the rest of chaos. Could see something similar being done for Ushoran, perhaps.

Or remains of his crumbled kingdom

• Like 2

It would be really cool if Ushoran is leading a death revolution against Nagash

9 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

It's a shame they are jacking up the price to £20 though. Same price as the Entire Chaos Dwarf army.... Previous Lord Packs (which were 2 armies instead of the 3 in this one) were £8....

My poor wallet….. it was already being abused so that I could preorder Phantom Liberty and Total War: Pharaoh, and now they drop this?!?! Though I have to admit that the Tzaangors don’t really work for me, since I have been spoiled for years with the tabletop models: 096A3E48-B1DE-476E-87E5-4BD338BA08BC.jpeg.39e1b933a5ab0f87191bcba701b939e2.jpeg

@MitGas, what are you thoughts about this expansion (even if you don’t play)? 

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

There's an interesting bit of text beneath the new rumour engine that seems a bit different from the regular flavour text that usually accompanies them. 

image.png.21dd7b527f6452d24a9219215e575552.png

Usually thoose text are added to pad the article but rarely mean anything for the actual model 

4 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

There's an interesting bit of text beneath the new rumour engine that seems a bit different from the regular flavour text that usually accompanies them. 

The RE from 2 weeks ago had something similar.
image.png.2b63a7f99a163ae55677e23757be6501.png

It looked like a FEC model too... 

RumourEngine Jul25 Content

Strange...

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

I think someone at GW is rolling on the floor laughing at some of us going all in with Silent People again XD. 

Edited by Gitzdee
Typo
  • Haha 3

I wonder if they might tie the Silent People to the Flesh Eaters in some unexpected and interesting way. Like maybe in their delusions the Flesh Eaters view them as Faye Folk and protect and serve them? Then the army can have some monsterous bug creatures that are unlike the Nurgle flies or the Sylvaneth's more insectlike spites?

FYI the rumor engine article are always written in a 40K tone like it something done by the Adeptus mechanicus 

they could just be referencing the Genestealer cults (especially as they mention many eyes)

of course I believe this RE is most likely AoS but the text are usually just some bored writer on Warcom

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

My poor wallet….. it was already being abused so that I could preorder Phantom Liberty and Total War: Pharaoh, and now they drop this?!?! Though I have to admit that the Tzaangors don’t really work for me, since I have been spoiled for years with the tabletop models: 096A3E48-B1DE-476E-87E5-4BD338BA08BC.jpeg.39e1b933a5ab0f87191bcba701b939e2.jpeg

@MitGas, what are you thoughts about this expansion (even if you don’t play)? 

I own it and I haven't played it much yet... I've seen they added the Changeling AND Aekold Helbrass....now lovely Tzeentch beastmen. I think I really need to play more of it. Currently playing Bladur's Gate 3 like a madman. I also got to start the new Final Fantasy and level up my Diablo 4 Sorcerer but that's tedious so let's see if I make it to lvl 100, maybe I'll just wait for a new difficulty with more xp. This year has been absolutely insane when it comes to games. Starting with the Dead Space Remake to RE4R to now the insanely awesome BG3 (play Baldur's Gate 3 if you like DnD).... and so much other cool stuff waiting - I really wish my days had 48 hours! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I own it and I haven't played it much yet... I've seen they added the Changeling AND Aekold Helbrass....now lovely Tzeentch beastmen. I think I really need to play more of it. Currently playing Bladur's Gate 3 like a madman. I also got to start the new Final Fantasy and level up my Diablo 4 Sorcerer but that's tedious so let's see if I make it to lvl 100, maybe I'll just wait for a new difficulty with more xp. This year has been absolutely insane when it comes to games. Starting with the Dead Space Remake to RE4R to now the insanely awesome BG3 (play Baldur's Gate 3 if you like DnD).... and so much other cool stuff waiting - I really wish my days had 48 hours! 

Dead Space Remake is absolutely incredible!! 

• Like 3

Normally I would agree regarding the rumour engine text not meaning much but the fact that this one and the previous FEC looking rumour engine from a couple of weeks ago both have this extra bit of ominous text makes me think it might might be alluding to the rumoured big FEC release.

But that might just be my hype at the prospect of FEC getting a large/decent release soon talking lol.

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Great looking piece of stairs fused together with some skeletons. (and a great amount of tufts)
It reminds me of Belakors base a lot. Another big model?

I think this could be a little clue. Have we seen this before? Maybe BoC? I think its probably FEC since we know they are coming.

image.png.ca8aed9b6aa2b4610d2da1e0dba0d812.png

It looks like it comes from a big model. If you can fit multiple skeletons on a staircase, that means the mini has a large pedestal, which means you want to highlight it, so it's probably a named character or a centerpiece. Maybe both. I'd say it's FEC. 

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Rules previews have started for Cities of Sigmar. Obviously the leaks are out in the wild for everyone to read, but probably a good sign the Army Set isn't far off. 

DyQeE0PfbzYtJXrp.jpg

Sorry Kharadron Overlords, I'm going to have to ditch you guys (barring Gotrek of course) for the Dawnbringers. So far the leaks have made me love these guys and gals even more! especially since I can literally play the "Wall of Guns" meme with a bunch of feudal peasants. Definitely gonna paint them a different color though (home-brew city), and create a god/goddess besides Sigmar for these guys to worship, but otherwise I'm here for it!

• Like 5