The Rumour Thread

At least in the lore Thunderstrike is literally just a different suit of armour, so there's nothing really stopping them from introducing Thunderstrike SCE with sword/shields and still calling them "Liberators" with pretty much the same stats.

Hell, I still find it funny that Vanguard are meant to be the scouts/rangers but they're running around with heavier armour than Vindictors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

This little snippet may have some exciting implications. Yes.... yes! Skaven blimps! 

Screenshot 2023-08-07 213902.png

I've said it before but I'll say it again! Why they released aeronautica instead of dreadfleet is beyond me.

AOS aetheric ship  battles, but in the sky! Starter box KO Vs Grotbag scuttlers (suitable squig balloons as well). Other factions would be undead pirates on ghostly ships, Skaven blimps (apparently), chaos daemons and  swifthawk agents!

Hurricanes, dragons, sky krakens (obviously). Just make it already!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 7

5 hours ago, CDM said:

I've said it before but I'll say it again! Why they released aeronautica instead of dreadfleet is beyond me.

AOS aetheric ship  battles, but in the sky! Starter box KO Vs Grotbag scuttlers (suitable squig balloons as well). Other factions would be undead pirates on ghostly ships, Skaven blimps (apparently), chaos daemons and  swifthawk agents!

Would the KO count as financial pirates?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSO9OFJNMBA

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CDM said:

AOS aetheric ship  battles, but in the sky! Starter box KO Vs Grotbag scuttlers (suitable squig balloons as well). Other factions would be undead pirates on ghostly ships, Skaven blimps (apparently), chaos daemons and  swifthawk agents

My ruin... I love it!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CDM said:

Apparently they exist! In the KO.battletome it mentions Harkraken and Megalofin, I'm picturing floating tentacle octopus and sky shark. Petition for new game to be called Meg 3 now and a squat KO captain called Statham being the main character!

Do we think they could include boardings actions in this game? I've actually never played Dreadfleet so don't know if that existed. For each model bought there could be a ship card bought representing your model and you could attempt to board using some markers in ship to ship duals separate from trying to blow up the enemy.

As I  was typing this it reminded me of xwing how you can buy characters to man your ships and guns granting bonuses. Rather than buying just named characters you have a selection of faction crew units that change how you move and shoot and your efficacy in boarding actions. Could be a tough choice of how to distribute your crew over the fleet, were going up which ships need crew bonuses on manoeuvring or firing or which ones will be better in a boarding situation.

• Haha 1

Thinking of the new epic size as well could they do something smaller? I like that new email for epic but I'm thinking if there were tiny units able to battle as well. Maybe a formation of endrinriggers and skywardens disembarking into a flying bastion they could control then a squadron of doom drivers board the base and hope to take it over for it's guns! Would be awesome!

There's one thing that puzzles me about this magnificent COS release...

Do you think the ironweld great cannon could be considered as a steampunk stuff ? I remember @Whitefang responding favourably to this a few months ago :

https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/31743-the-mortals-redesign-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=596794

But I don't get impression that this canon is very 'advanced steampunk stuff'...

Is it just me fantasising, or is there a hint of a possible 2nd wave? New BT also clearly mentions steam-walkers. With elite/heavy infantry, things related to Azyr and that, there's room for new COS human releases.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Do you think the ironweld great cannon could be considered as a steampunk stuff ? I remember @Whitefang responding favourably to this a few months ago :

https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/31743-the-mortals-redesign-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=596794

But I don't get impression that this canon is very 'advanced steampunk stuff'...

Is it just me fantasising, or is there a hint of a possible 2nd wave? New BT also clearly mentions steam-walkers. With elite/heavy infantry, things related to Azyr and that, there's room for new COS human releases.

I'm convinced there's a second wave. It was a great release finally getting those cities humans updated! However I don't think to will be years before the next wave. Summer 2024? Stormcast & Cities Vs Skaven launch box?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, CDM said:

I'm convinced there's a second wave. It was a great release finally getting those cities humans updated! However I don't think to will be years before the next wave. Summer 2024? Stormcast & Cities Vs Skaven launch box?

Cities vs Skaven would be a great box and would be hard to resist. But i think it will be the posterboys again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Cities vs Skaven would be a great box and would be hard to resist. But i think it will be the posterboys again.

I would also love to see a Skaven Vs cities box. Throwing a few Duardin in there for the classic rivalry would be great but unfortunately I think Whitefang has all but confirmed it will be Skaven Vs Stormcast.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I was checking it carefully due to a video showcasing the whole range and it is quite advanced in comparison with the old Empire cannons indeed.

If you check it, the arm above the cannon is not handling the ammunition on its own, as I initially thought, but the whole metal piece containing the ammunition into. Kind of a big one shot revolver cylinder, which is what is on the floor in the main pic, ready to be replaced. So I think is quite advanced in comparison with the old ones. Also, the ammunition is quite sophisticated.

But I agree, even with this upgrade on the tech behind the cannon, they cannot be called steampunk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Great looking piece of stairs fused together with some skeletons. (and a great amount of tufts)
It reminds me of Belakors base a lot. Another big model?

I think this could be a little clue. Have we seen this before? Maybe BoC? I think its probably FEC since we know they are coming.

image.png.ca8aed9b6aa2b4610d2da1e0dba0d812.png

Edited by Gitzdee

33 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Hmmmm. A curious Rumour Engine,

32d8RRCd2pdn8Mrl.jpg

Definitely a death model (the skeletons are wearing “cursed city” armor) but who could it be? Perhaps it’s a noble scion of the seasons brought back from a long exile… or more likely it’s Ushoran using Nagash’s weakened state to declare himself a Mortarch.

Ok bear with me here. The skeletons on the base look like 'dead' skeletons. Surely a death model would have skeletons rising out of the dirt rather than sinking into it. Now if Ushoran is opposing Nagash, that fits but it could be something that fights death rather than for it. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 4