The Rumour Thread

44 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Ah, there it is. Read the page multiple times and just couldn't find it. Clearly need my eyes testing.

kaNk7WM.png

Ah yes... The many many units of duardin artillery pieces we are so familiar with like... uh, hmm, you know, the things they allegedly use? 😄

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Cronotekk said:

As a dark elf player who owns entirely dreadspears, bleakswords, Darkshards, black dragons and some stormcast this update isn’t looking too good lol

I mean, they haven’t gotten any worse (spears and swords have 2 attacks each now and points didn’t change much) so you’re not really in much worse shape than using them in the old book, except that you’re limited to 400 points of stormcast. 

Using a primarily dark elf list right now is AOS on hard mode though, so if you’ve actually managed to win a game without even using any of their elites then I tip my hat to you! 

Edited by Azamar

Spoiler

Necromunda

Age of Sigmar
Seraphon Vanguard
Cities Battletome + Infrantry + Cavalry + Foot Marshall + Mounted + the Not-Ogor + Alchemist + Manticore + Fusiliers + Doggies + Pontifex + Command Group + Cannon
Cities Armybox
Mistery book Winter
Dawnbringer: Orruks?
Dawnbringer: 3
Dawnbringer: 4
THE HYPE BOAR

Warcry
Scenary outside
2 Warbands (Order vs Destro)
2 Warbands (Order vs Death)
2 Warbands (who knows)
Krule Monsta-hunta
Cities Doggy Hunters

Underworlds
Starter Set Again?!
Core Box
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Two more Cerastus type Knights
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Primarch
Lords of War
Dreadnought
Champion

Warhammer 40k
Space Marines Codex - Launch Complete army
Tyranids Codex - Launch Complete Army
Marines from Agastus
Deathleaper
Adeptus Mechanicus
Necrons
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 
Votann + Beastmen warbands + scenary outside

LotR
Nazghûl and the Hobbits

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin + Standard Bearer
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    
Fatty Nurgle Star
Ivan the bones

Epic HH
The box
Dire wolfs
Support box (Deredeo, Leviathan, Tarantula & Rapier)
Support Auxilia
Kratos
Baneblade
Rhino
Warhounds
New terrain

The Epic's week suffered a lot

2 minutes ago, dekay said:

I don't see any mentions of duardin artillery here?

Greywater Fastness have a very clear Duardin presence. Previous book, for example, had a prayer specific to Rune Lords. CA specific to one of the Duardin units (Irondrakes), and Ironweld keyworded units include Cogsmith/Gyrocopter/bombers. So it is a bit a mystery where all these exciting bits and bobs are hiding.

That said, it opens up the door to a second wave. So there's a bunch of hopium to huff there.

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Realmslayer LE and Godsbane pre-orders next week.

Warhammer Plus? Warhammer 40th Anniversary? Take your bets.

Looks like they haven't bothered to replace epic with anything. I thought they might move things forward to make space for epic, but the opposite is true. 

Everyone was thinking that the old world was launching this year. Could epic push it back? They also seem to have given up on the vault. That was my favourite part of Warhammer+

14 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Looks like they haven't bothered to replace epic with anything. I thought they might move things forward to make space for epic, but the opposite is true. 

Everyone was thinking that the old world was launching this year. Could epic push it back? They also seem to have given up on the vault. That was my favourite part of Warhammer+

Only Valrek (or valrek reliable source) would know at this point in time as he the one who started the whole Old world rumor

Tbh i think epic was supposed to launch last week since we got the skaven warband out of nowhere and now another empty week. Let’s hope they will squize more stuff in the upcoming weeks so we can get dawnbringers 2 soon😃 

During warhammer fest I think Eddy said they want to release all battletomes by the end of the year but seeing that cities launch is in November I think we will see Fec in February at earlier. 

40 minutes ago, Azamar said:

I mean, they haven’t gotten any worse (spears and swords have 2 attacks each now and points didn’t change much) so you’re not really in much worse shape than using them in the old book, except that you’re limited to 400 points of stormcast. 

Using a primarily dark elf list right now is AOS on hard mode though, so if you’ve actually managed to win a game without even using any of their elites then I tip my hat to you! 

My only wins have been from buffed beatstick black dragon with drakescale cloak and shield to be durable while doing decent damage, and then vitriolic spray on a unit followed by 30 Darkshards shooting.

Then they removed drakescale cloak, made the dragon shield worthless, removed the +1 wound aura command, and reduced its damage. And then they removed vitriolic spray too

And strangely they did give an extra attack to the basic infantry but got rid of their east horde bonus hit buff. I guess 2 3+ 4+ - 1d attacks would’ve been too much lol

Time to break out the 3d printer for the arbitrarily good units this edition

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 5:36 PM, KingBrodd said:

For me personally I hope COS Dark Aelves and DOK get put into Malerions Faction. Not everyone agrees I know but it makes sense rather than 2 Grimdark Aelven Factions.

I also want it because I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHAT GW DOES WITH MODERN DARK AELVES. SHADOW DAEMONS, MONSTERS, MIST.

The fact that I can’t wait to see what GW does with modern dark aelves is exactly why I don’t want CoS elves and DoK to end up in Malerions faction. I want to see something new, not hamstrung by old models. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

The fact that I can’t wait to see what GW does with modern dark aelves is exactly why I don’t want CoS elves and DoK to end up in Malerions faction. I want to see something new, not hamstrung by old models. 

I think Malerion’s army will get the lumeneath treatment and it be a brand new range. Much like what happen with HE in that situation, the CoS dark aelfs may just simple be replace with his army of spikey shadow aelves.

DoK may just be merge with them to keep the battletome count lower or stay independent but who knows 

• Like 3

I can see DoK being merged just because both of them are Dark Elf continuations from Fantasy who reside in Ulgu. Malekith and Morathi have always been tied at the hip in some way - metaphorical or otherwise - and it's easy to forget half the DoK range is technically WHFB leftovers (not that I think those will get squatted the way the CoS Delf units will be). 

That being said, I don't think it's impossible for them to remain separate. I guess it'll just come down to how 'soup-happy' GW are going forward. If the Warclans get separated out for instance, that'd probably be a good sign DoK would remain on their own.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

54 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

😃

During warhammer fest I think Eddy said they want to release all battletomes by the end of the year but seeing that cities launch is in November I think we will see Fec in February at earlier. 

Given that this has been a year of big refreshes for AoS, I'm beginning to get a bit worried that FEC might not get a decent update this edition. Maybe a new unit to add to the beastflayers, but its a lot of eggs to put in one basket to have StD, Seraphon, CoS AND FEC all update back to back. Though it would be astounding if FEC could continue another edition with just three boxes for the whole army

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nazarjo said:

Given that this has been a year of big refreshes for AoS, I'm beginning to get a bit worried that FEC might not get a decent update this edition. Maybe a new unit to add to the beastflayers, but its a lot of eggs to put in one basket to have StD, Seraphon, CoS AND FEC all update back to back. Though it would be astounding if FEC could continue another edition with just three boxes for the whole army

We got Lumineth Wave 2 and Soulblight Gravelords in the first half of 2021, despite 3.0 releasing in June. I don't think it's the craziest theory that we'd still see an FEC revamp early next year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, novakai said:

I think Malerion’s army will get the lumeneath treatment and it be a brand new range. Much like what happen with HE in that situation, the CoS dark aelfs may just simple be replace with his army of spikey shadow aelves.

DoK may just be merge with them to keep the battletome count lower or stay independent but who knows 

Yes- of all the cities aelves the darklings fit least with the AOS style, being very monopose and static. I’m surprised they’re the ones that stuck around, and would be really surprised if they get used in Malerion’s force rather than a completely new range. 

35 minutes ago, Cronotekk said:

My only wins have been from buffed beatstick black dragon with drakescale cloak and shield to be durable while doing decent damage, and then vitriolic spray on a unit followed by 30 Darkshards shooting.

Then they removed drakescale cloak, made the dragon shield worthless, removed the +1 wound aura command, and reduced its damage. And then they removed vitriolic spray too

And strangely they did give an extra attack to the basic infantry but got rid of their east horde bonus hit buff. I guess 2 3+ 4+ - 1d attacks would’ve been too much lol

Time to break out the 3d printer for the arbitrarily good units this edition

I’m going to reply to this in the cities battletome thread, if that’s ok? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

We got Lumineth Wave 2 and Soulblight Gravelords in the first half of 2021, despite 3.0 releasing in June. I don't think it's the craziest theory that we'd still see an FEC revamp early next year. 

Same with Votann and World Eaters, there's room for one big release before 4th edition, and I think another one. (FeC + chorfs?)

Personally, I hope some of the current Dark Elves get sent back to the Old World (all of Darkling Covens, much of Order Serpentis (minus the Hydra)) when Malerion and his Aelves land. We keep the various Corsairs and their sea beasties, the Hydra, maybe the Assassin/Dark Riders and we get new Cities Aelves to compensate for that. Btw, hoping those will be different from the current Dark Elves kits. "Just" 4-5 would be cool...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Same with Votann and World Eaters, there's room for one big release before 4th edition, and I think another one. (FeC + chorfs?)

Still think Chorfs are going to be the big reveal at the end of Dawnbringers/just before 4th comes like World Eaters/Soulblight.

22 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Personally, I hope some of the current Dark Elves get sent back to the Old World (all of Darkling Covens, much of Order Serpentis (minus the Hydra)) when Malerion and his Aelves land. We keep the various Corsairs and their sea beasties, the Hydra, maybe the Assassin/Dark Riders and we get new Cities Aelves to compensate for that. Btw, hoping those will be different from the current Dark Elves kits. "Just" 4-5 would be cool...

No way ! Dark Elves are out of map and out of focus in Warhammer the Old World :" Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms are all based far from the Old World and, during this period, are very inward looking and insular races" 

Well looking at past release for brand new ranges (OBR, LRL, Freeguild) what I think most likely will happen for Malerion release will be. (Or the core units of the release)

Malerion centerpiece model (probably is a shadow dragon creature basing on old AoS artwork)

basic shadow aelf battleline infantry like Warden or Steelheim (most likely replacing dreadspear/bleakswords) 

5 man cavalry unit (similar to cold one riders but AoSify and edgier then other basic cav units) 

maybe a ten man range unit that probably use something similar to repeater crossbow ( dark shard replacement)

A smaller named foot hero like the light of Eltherion (the Shadow of Darkblade?)

your assortment of foot heroes including something similar to a dreadlord, sorceress, and assassin equivalent.

If they have room for the initial release a mounted aelf hero (on an even edgier creature) like the Marshal or lord regent

anything else would be extra like an Artillery piece or new Blackguard looking elite infantry

• LOVE IT! 1