The Rumour Thread

I must admit, I'm a little disappointed by the full reveal. The biggest problem for me is the arch knight. That model should have been a bit less busy and turned into a unit. I feel that only 4 multi model units in the new range is not enough, especially as there don't seem to be any  dual build kits. I love everything about the new pontifex kit except for its scale. I was hoping for a proper war altar with a dozen people dragging it along. The exact same aesthetic as the pontifex but scaled up could have been a truly amazing centrepiece.

On to the positives. I love the cannon. Giving an artillery piece a diorama vibe works really well. I do hope there are some different options for the crew though. I want to have at least two in my army and I don't want them all showing the exact same scene.

The war surgeon is perfect. A really grim miniature that suggests the horror of their occupation. The whisperblade is cool but it should have been an aelf. 

The banner bearer is another great sculpt but the banner itself is just a little small. I like the soul shepherd a lot too especially their creepy helper. Finally the mascot is another great pet. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I must admit, I'm a little disappointed by the full reveal. The biggest problem for me is the arch knight. That model should have been a bit less busy and turned into a unit. I feel that only 4 multi model units in the new range is not enough, especially as there don't seem to be any  dual build kits.

This new range may be magnificent, but I have to agree with that.
The lack of heavy infantry really saddens me. Especially as I can't see myself playing the greatswords in Warcry, alongside fusiliers and steel helms.

Maybe we'll get another wave like we did with Lumineth. Let's pray to Sigmar for that (which doesn't mean we can't enjoy the current new minis... don't give in to frustration and chronic dissatisfaction !).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EonChao said:

Spotted these floating around. Really like the characters and the cannon

364209113_3645854299073628_6798051309363804167_n.jpg

364209156_1459317941569481_5575728593064516110_n.jpg

360027941_267533919319909_8765113784014234036_n.jpg

Thank you. You hero! This range renewal is simply the best work done by GW in years.

About the lack of units and having too much heroes, I think I prefer it this way. We have a lot of different minis taste, and as more units would be removed from CoS and/or renewed, we would have newer and more variety on units later on.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Lich King said:

There can be a full reveal soon - or some more units even tomorrow - since this is going around. Are there any new units besides these ?

They probably have to reveal everything soon, Like when Angron got leak 

but it probably won’t make the boxset come out sooner and reveals at Nova could be sparser for AoS when it happens

I saw some of the leaked warscrolls, and WHY are they once again writing these racist abilities that only affect specific KEYWORDED species? Why can't everyone just work together?

Cities of Sigmar is the melting pot of AoS, and they continue to segregate the army into racial subsections.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Sarges said:

These should have a bit better quality.

(Or maybe not if TGA compresses images.)

1691097560930282.jpg

1691097480365031.jpg

1691097419087263.jpg

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! these guys are all absolutely amazing. I’m seriously impressed by the amount o thought and characterization that went into each of these models. My standout favorites are either the Soul Shepherd (he looks like a Coptic Liche priest), and the war surgeon who’s clearly DONE with whatever nonsense she’s had to deal with today. 

3 hours ago, Whitefang said:

The skeleton is her predecessor, sitting at her back

It’s really telling when as a death player, I find the amount of skulls and bones on the human faction to be ridiculous. I get that GW is trying to pull a mixture of Saint Worship mixed with “Memento Mori,” but come on man! At this rate the sigmarites are using more necromancy than Nagash!

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Was not expecting this right before sleep!!

I honestly believe COS may have the best aesthetic in the game.

I too was taken by surprise @KingBrodd, especially cause I saw these leaks on a Necromunda Group Page (Sump City Radio). My one disappointment is that the great axe wasn’t for a unit of Ogors, but perhaps that’s means good things for the Mawtribes down the road.

2 hours ago, Captaniser said:

I'm putting together a team...To take down to the local Gregg's

image.png.eb76c213f89d198821125f16ef242260.png

image.png.8edfe777a067ec8c0ebdc8bb294f9b94.png

image.png.26fb1c526337c27d1150a9e9639a4803.png

image.png.b5c5860c871d43392d047da247edc166.png

I love these more average-looking middle-aged fellows. Makes them feel more alive you know, not being these stereotypical warriors within the rank and file of the army.

You ever noticed how in every really good Warhammer novel focused on actual humans and not Super Soldiers (Saturnine, Callie and Toll, Godeater’s Son*Insert Imperial Guard novel here*) we get introduced to an aging veteran who has god-tier facial hair and a gut who wants to go to war again? We’re finally getting these guys on the tabletop and I can’t wait to paint them.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I saw some of the leaked warscrolls, and WHY are they once again writing these racist abilities that only affect specific KEYWORDED species? Why can't everyone just work together?

Cities of Sigmar is the melting pot of AoS, and they continue to segregate the army into racial subsections.

People complain about GA armies back in the day so now here we are lol

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, novakai said:

People complain about GA armies back in the day so now here we are lol

To be fair, armies were split up into multiple factions for the sake of it being a new game which prized itself for smaller skirmish games. Now ironically it’s more like whfb.

it’s not soup, it’s just how armies used to be.

further, the only army that is actually soup is CoS. All the armies leftovers from a past game, working in the pot together to bring amazing flavor, like a gumbo.

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lich King said:

image.jpeg.ebe81479e41051691e2b427f17b949c3.jpeg

anyone notice the different skin tones on this piece and the social implications of it?

Are you talking about how it’s two white guys holding up a black person? Or how one of alternate builds is a black guy doing the same thing? Either way let’s leave modern racial politics out of our high fantasy setting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Was a bit worried that the old stuff would be bad, but they at least some of the things look ok. Wonder how long before we have everything.

Longbeards and Warden King look like they got a decent buff. Sorcress looks the same minus the command ability. Old mage stuff is a mix bag I think?

Edited by RyantheFett

Oh I am Swooning over these leaks. 🤩

Guys look like a great aesthetic balance between AoS’ bizarre elements and dipping into the crazed baroque fervor of things like Berserk & Blasphemous.

Quick side-tangent on the subject but I’m perfectly happy with the hero unit flood. Lots of armies have had that like Lumineth(count both waves and more than half the releases were heroes) and that fits both the game and setting as a Gods vs Monsters skirmish.

The fantasy superheroes carry these forces to survive the surreal magic realities. Likely even CoS will be able to use Battleline knights for an effective 15-20 model force to keep with that skirmish heavy vibe of hero hammer.

(can’t wait to see which of these guys make it into Soulbound.

Arch-Knight would be perfect for me to craft into a Final Fantasy 9 Steiner character to go with the increased airship activity & floating islands, monster battles and rampaging eidolons/incarnates being summoned

image.jpeg.106bfc48d628d1f57e14888471edca48.jpeg
)

But yeah, absolutely love they dove into more gargoyle aesthetic with an actual mascot one and the knights sporting snarling beast-mask helms so it all connects.

Easily can see how this can be converted to Realms with the tools available. Death Realm is already on the table with so many undead helpers but Ghyran will fit swimmingly with wood armor paint jobs, the animal-mask knights and even the ghost piper picking up vibes from the Sylvaneth ones.

image.jpeg.20c02e061e267bade2aefb9996cb1f22.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Are you talking about how it’s two white guys holding up a black person? Or how one of alternate builds is a black guy doing the same thing? Either way let’s leave modern racial politics out of our high fantasy setting.

Yeah… anyone whining about skin colors in AoS usually has absolutely zero idea about the setting and try to argue using outdated logic on a setting that doesn’t even have an Africa.

The hissy fits aimed at Children of Teclis cover with the dark-skinned Lumineth were especially hilarious.

When your worlds look like this the “social commentary” arguments are pretty null and void since the social structures are completely made up anyway.

image.jpeg.c07a7902aa6b2a873670155699c23639.jpeg

It’s over-the-top fantasy fun in magical cosmic space, just have fun with it and hobby on! 👍 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

To be fair, armies were split up into multiple factions for the sake of it being a new game which prized itself for smaller skirmish games. Now ironically it’s more like whfb.

it’s not soup, it’s just how armies used to be.

further, the only army that is actually soup is CoS. All the armies leftovers from a past game, working in the pot together to bring amazing flavor, like a gumbo.

Well with that point out that AoS more like WHF now would probably implied that Empire and human deserve their own army equivalent in AoS and Freeguild release should have been their own army book. As they are one of the last armies that haven’t gotten a spiritual successor in AoS.
Then just leaves city and souping as the GA book and allow every other GA to have the same options

but Gw just can’t balance open ended rules like that.

Edited by novakai

So...no elite infantry unit?No warpriest?

Seems a second wave is in the oven imho...the kits seems too few for the "biggest project in aos till now".

Great characters but if everyone of them is a single warscroll means we don't have enough toops imho...i don't like this trend of having 6/7 heroes and 3/4 units.

Hoping for the characters to be a sort of command squad/Gobbapalooza unit.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

So...no elite infantry unit?No warpriest?

Seems a second wave is in the oven imho...the kits seems too few for the "biggest project in aos till now".

Great characters but if everyone of them is a single warscroll means we don't have enough toops imho...i don't like this trend of having 6/7 heroes and 3/4 units.

Hoping for the characters to be a sort of command squad/Gobbapalooza unit.

Yeah I feel like the next wave will also take care of Karl Franz model, Steam tank, flagellants, Demigryphs and give them a Cavalry leader like the lord solar. It doesn’t look like they have a hammer unit right now unless the Calvary units are blenders in melee.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

I think there’s still hope to have a greatsword replacement unit.

no new book should release with the hope that they add the rest next time around, that’s bs.

though it seems very wasteful to have included “not assassin”, medic & soul grabber (either heal the wounded or harvest the souls, pick a direction) and then the very specific new wizard but not an updated multi wizard kit.. 

I won’t be too surprised if they don’t put in great weapons(yet) just on how buff heavy these all look. Like between the battle-priests in the Steelhelms unit already that look to buff defense and all these “turn weapons into fire swords”, “surgeon & holy healers” and “big priest unit” they might be counting on the imperial guard flavor of stack so many buffs on the plain guardsmen that he becomes a blender.

But yeah, I can see teases coming for a 4th edition wave. Maybe the Ghyran side of the city for hardier exotic cavalry and troops used to dense jungles, magic flora & giant insects there they can bring?

Edit: also showing these off to Discord friends. They’re loving them! :D

“these models are amazing
kinda give me a "what if we put 40k back into fantasy" vibe”

“What an incredible mix of berserk and 40k”

Edited by Baron Klatz