The Rumour Thread

Oh ho, maybe we’ll get the militarized version of that with the big beastie hauling one in the Corebook? 😄 (partly hopeful)

IMG_1144.jpg

Personally I suspect one of the 7 unknown warscrolls is scenery. If so I think it’d be neat to get a small Highscryer island that’s used like a scouting balloon to aid accuracy for troops and maybe a “once per game” winch down ability that gives Saves buffs to troops via handing out magical defensive armaments it was carrying aloft so it itself couldn’t be shot down(so stays down the rest of the fight to preserve the useful metalith chunk)

IMG_1145.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Whitefang said:

It's already out there

99120299077_RealmscapeThondianStrongpointFeature.jpg

But does it have rules?

What I'm actually hoping for (but not particularly expecting) is something on something like the big floating chunks of rock being pulled by the Dawnbringers in some of the art we've seen.

• LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, EntMan said:

But does it have rules?

What I'm actually hoping for (but not particularly expecting) is something on something like the big floating chunks of rock being pulled by the Dawnbringers in some of the art we've seen.

That is one of those islands. Just a small one.

Still hoping we see something like the mega steam tank cathedrals from the original art for Cities, though. Kinda like the land version of an Ironclad.

image.png.548864cf26086deaec486b1e92025a8f.png

• Like 3

17 hours ago, CDM said:

I saw Umbraneth on the Warhammer community website independently of whatever was mentioned after. I read the whole article and it was there. They then removed it, someone on 4chan then knocked one up apparently.  I only saw the claims of it being faked weeks after, I know what I saw! I went back to the article and it wasn't there.

The shadestalkers are the first Umbraneth (even their weapons have Umbra in the title!)  Just like Skaeths wild Hunt were the first Kurnothi (although these were officially named).

Whether they call them Umbraneth later is really irrelevant it works as a placeholder

Mate I saw it too. It was there. Nobody can convince me it wasnt. I hope when theyre officially revealed GW mentions the slip up insteasld of gaslighting us!!

• Like 3

So all the new Tyranid stuff looks incredible (Biovore being a personal exception), but after waiting for so long I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. I wanted more, damn it! Hopefully we'll see a bit more later in the edition or the beginning of 11th...

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

So all the new Tyranid stuff looks incredible (Biovore being a personal exception), but after waiting for so long I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. I wanted more, damn it! Hopefully we'll see a bit more later in the edition or the beginning of 11th...

I agree. However there were lots of new units in the leviathan box so a decent amount of new kits and some welcome updates to older kits. I was hoping for a new Malanthrope, the dimeachron looks like the variant of the norn so that's good!  Tyranids have a really good range now though.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

I kinda agree. I loved the models (including the Biovore which I really like and prefer to the old one). For me the issue is that whilst Space Marines will be getting stuff probably through the edition and then get another major wave next edition (and the one after etc.), the Nids have no such guarantee. They might get 1 or 2 models with future book releases but it could easily be a decade or more before they get another big release. I had hoped for at least a couple more models that were completely new, or on the more crazy side maybe hints at plastic updates to their titanic stuff - but that would be a longshot.

But we will see what the Space Marines get, admit I will be a bit miffed if they get significantly more than the army that has been waiting for an update for so long, not suprised though. I do know that SMs are GW's golden goose.

• Thanks 1

I think the Tyranid update gives me hopes for the Skaven one. Focusing on updating older core kits to bring them up to date and adding a few new bits and pieces in too. Because honestly much as it's nice to see lots of new things there's stuff which does need modern updates for a bunch of factions. Like of course I wanted more for Tyranids but they could have added another 3-4 kits and I would have still wanted more

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Magnusaur said:

I don’t want to sound too ungrateful but I was also hoping for a bit more. Having seen the leviathan models in person (I bought the nids half on eBay in case I really liked the new models) the level of detail on them is so good. I’m gonna do a nids army that’s entirely leviathan and newer, so I was hoping for maybe a couple more updates (Warriors and Hive Tyrant maybe). But I love everything we did get and there’s enough there for me to do said new force!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I think the Tyranid update gives me hopes for the Skaven one. Focusing on updating older core kits to bring them up to date and adding a few new bits and pieces in too. Because honestly much as it's nice to see lots of new things there's stuff which does need modern updates for a bunch of factions. Like of course I wanted more for Tyranids but they could have added another 3-4 kits and I would have still wanted more

Yeah I was so glad to see Genestealers and Hormaguants were literally just a modern polish. 

I know some people wanted something different but sometimes I dislike things being completely redeveloped or made too busy for the sake of making something 'new.' Although I do think the Biovore change is a major improvement.

The Tyranid reveals look like a perfect balance of providing the right amount of polish and redesign to the right amount of kits. 

Good lawd a Skaven update is going to be absolutely glorious.

• Like 2

It's the first time in a while I don't catch a Warhammer reveal stream live, but it was ok. I like the new Tyranids. I just wish some of the Leviathan ones would be sold separatly (hello Screamer-Killer, Leapers and Neurogaunts).

15 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Yeah I was so glad to see Genestealers and Hormaguants were literally just a modern polish. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

15 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

The Tyranid reveals look like a perfect balance of providing the right amount of polish and redesign to the right amount of kits.

There's 7 new Tyranid kits that are a redesign of old ones (ex gaunts, stealers), and 6 that are brand new miniatures (ex : the norn emissary) and that's a good balance between familiar and novel. I hope GW strikes this balance for the Skaven range refresh.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

NOVA Open probably (August 30th-September 3rd).

Thanks! 

Last year we got Bloodpelt Hunter, King Brodd, Gorechosen of Dromm and the Slaves to Darkness launch set. 

Not that much to be honest and i dont think they where planning to reveal Slaves to Darkness at all. Not sure if we should expect some big reveals here. They did show off Leagues of Votann too. Dont think 40k will get another such big release after 10th just dropped. Maybe more for us this time?

Edit: also no Warcry last time.

Edit2: Havent seen much Necromunda in a while, think that might show up again and Epic.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gitzdee said:

Thanks! 

Last year we got Bloodpelt Hunter, King Brodd, Gorechosen of Dromm and the Slaves to Darkness launch set. 

Not that much to be honest and i dont think they where planning to reveal Slaves to Darkness at all. Not sure if we should expect some big reveals here. They did show off Leagues of Votann too, that dont think 40k will get another such big release after 10th just dropped. 

Im guessing Dawnbringers Book 2, all of its minis and the next Order Warband for Warcry will be there.

• Like 2

Dawnbringers Book III is said to land in Autumn and there'll be less than a month of UK-Summer left by the time of NOVA. Might be we see Book III's contents there and either it shares the spot with Book II or they reveal Book II's non-pig content on WarCom, or maybe a separate, earlier stream?

Of course they could just rejiggle the dates around. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Dawnbringers Book III is said to land in Autumn and there'll be less than a month of UK-Summer left by the time of NOVA. Might be we see Book III's contents there and either it shares the spot with Book II or they reveal Book II's non-pig content on WarCom, or maybe a separate, earlier stream?

Maybe we will be seeing some more reveals for book 2 before NOVA? That would be awesome. 

Edit: Autumn could still be months later. Do think its more likely to see the full contents of book 2. Big Pig, Big Troggoth and more big stuff?

Edited by Gitzdee

Really big fan of all the new nid stuff. Felt like the nid aesthetic had basically been stagnating for years and had locked itself into a highly restrictive and very narrow set of design archetypes, so it's nice to see what obvious new blood in the design studio has come up by deciding to branch out and obviously ignore a lot of pre-established "rules" about Tyranid aesthetics.

And even then they still realized when things worked and didn't need to radically redesign basic gaunts or lictors, just bring them up to date.

It's little things too like the design of the scything talons/legs on a lot of the models having more texture and shape to them rather than being these big perfectly curved shapes with ultra smooth sides. It's not just advances in plastic injection moulds; that's a conscious design choice and one which really adds to a lot of these models.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It will be the last days of summer if Nova is the 30th August. GW have been using the meteorological dates for the seasons as of late, so Nova should show us at least the first half of Autumn releases. 

8 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

My bet is the same way Kurnothi & Melusai/Khinerai end in -i is the hint the Ulgurothi are shadow daemon hybrid aelves.

I think Ulgu people would be something like Ulguthians.

Would love to see an AoS equivalent of dark eldar mandrakes. One of the coolest concepts in 40k imo.

• Like 6