The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I very much love this model and their ceratopsans coming out. I hope GW starts a "Big Dino War" with Parabellum so that all lizard enthusiasts win.

Their apex-predator is an absolute gem along with those raptor riders. I'm a simple man, I press like when I see dinos. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

but the points are all over the place

I think this is true also for 40k Combat Patrols, the point being that they have different rules like different "warscrolls" and battle traits to (supposedly) make them balanced against each other

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Unless this is one of you Mortals, it seems we have a spy amongst us!!

TBF that image did originate on this forum considering I saw it being pass around Discord before seeing it here

27 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Parabellum Games has this beast up for Pre Order.

Please GW give us a Thunder Lizard in 4.0!!

wadrhun-tontorr.jpg

as much as this look cool, I never really like how Conquest did their orcs in the Wad’rhun, they just seem off to me.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

wadrhun-tontorr.jpg

My big problem with the large models from Conquest is that, due to the already larger baseline, we're approaching toy size more than miniatures size

41 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

wadrhun-tontorr.jpg

I love how chonky it is ! With the old sensei master style beard too. That red and grey coloration is sooooo great too ! It totally reminds me of the Prehistoric Planet Dreadnoughtus (minus the air sacks). 

Spoiler

The resemblance is indeed striking.
image.png.3798be01e8695e7cdd1367b0e0586492.png

You can tell this is not a gentle giant like the JP Brachiosaur - this guy will trample you and not even care.

And yeah this makes me want a Seraphon sauropod ! Even if it would likely be more copyrightable than "thunder lizard". 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Anyone interested may need to watch that episode of Hammer & Bolter about darkoath...

It was a great H&B episode, it touched on some pretty mature themes for Warhammer, mainly colonisation. I was rooting for the Darkoath at the end, even if they're chaos worshippers. Great way to nuance Chaos, even if they're bad imo, they were not evil and didn't deserve to have their land colonised by Sigmarites. 

And yeah the episode had some really cool concepts shown. Obviously the cogfort and freeguild soldiers (even if they look different from the teased CoS minis), but the darkoaths looked different from the current chaos marauders/marauder horsemen on the store. So that could mean 2 things, either for CoS or StD. Knowing your vague way of dropping hints, maybe even for both. The cogforf would be Baneblade size if we had it in plastic. Would be weird to put on a base, even if baller as hell. Darkoaths though, must be easier to manufacture and store than a full cogfort...

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

It was a great H&B episode, it touched on some pretty mature themes for Warhammer, mainly colonisation. I was rooting for the Darkoath at the end, even if they're chaos worshippers. Great way to nuance Chaos, even if they're bad imo, they were not evil and didn't deserve to have their land colonised by Sigmarites. 

And yeah the episode had some really cool concepts shown. Obviously the cogfort and freeguild soldiers (even if they look different from the teased CoS minis), but the darkoaths looked different from the current chaos marauders/marauder horsemen on the store. So that could mean 2 things, either for CoS or StD. Knowing your vague way of dropping hints, maybe even for both. The cogforf would be Baneblade size if we had it in plastic. Would be weird to put on a base, even if baller as hell. Darkoaths though, must be easier to manufacture and store than a full cogfort...

More Darkoath, hmmm...they already have a Warcry band, two heroes and TWO Underworlds bands, there's actual armies with less than that. Since they seem to be popular, actual straight up DarkOath models that aren't from a sidegame isn't that farfetched really.

4 minutes ago, madmac said:

Ah, good catch. So something for Warcry, but Darkoath wouldn't fit with the Warcry release schedule we have, unless they're in the new starter box (no new models) somehow.

I put the Krule box by a small left-corner motive

Edited by Nezzhil

Kruelboy warband for Warcry seems pretty conclusive then and we know the next four warbands are Order vs Destruction. 

Stormcast just got a bespoke warband with Nightmare Quest, so it probably isn't them. The shield design doesn't align with the new Freeguild ones, though the colours do. 

• Like 2