The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Or Dunkleosteus. There is a Schleich toy of one that I have been tempted to stick on a base and paint whenever I see it in a store:

SC14575.jpg?20210408172754

Dude, you’ve just revolutionised my hobby, I’ve been looking for a Toy company like that for ages. ❤️👍 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

hey now, the humble basket is older than the Primarchs by at least 5000 years! show some respect :Phttps://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170524141745.htm

AOS put sharks on land. now we've got a whole crow's nest on land. Maybe... the whole ship is next?

Showcase: Marienburg Landship » Tale of Painters

By contrast this contraption actually looks like it could work (if a bit dangerous!) and flying fish is what I'd put in the "because magic" category. The point is, the mounted on an ogre bucket just doesn't have that "because magic" vibe some of the crazier stuff AoS has. LRL got that Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon things going on which also supported with "because magic" with a dash of "because elves."

It isn't that big of a deal and I do not have to like every mini. It just feels out of place. Maybe it'll start making more sense and more of the line is released.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

There was some really cool fan art of what an elven member of the Freeguild infantry might look like. This is of course linked to the older WHFB landsnecht aesthetic but I think the idea works well.

Slightly more refined than the human uniform and incorporating classically High Elvish pointy helm, feathers, sash, large belt, assorted gems and elvish gubbins.image.jpeg.f97a33b81e538e94451138f18d9c5ac1.jpeg

I think something similar with the new CoS aesthetic could work well, either as a new unit or preferably mixed in. And of course we have a long history of dwarves in WHFB imperial gear rather than horned helms and big runes.

Elves with guns ! Yeah ! I really hope we get to see this in the new range. If not... it's a very simple conversion to put a pointy eared head on a human body. 

1 hour ago, pnkdth said:

The point is, the mounted on an ogre bucket just doesn't have that "because magic" vibe some of the crazier stuff AoS has

OHH yea no, I'm a fan of calling it "desperation and innovation are often bedfellows" rather than handwaving it away as Magic. It's in the same vein as those stupid rocket launcher chainguns that Primaris got: it is inevitable when everything else in the setting wants to kill you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Assuming there is a army box for Cities, I assume that what they've shown so far will be in it

General

10 warriors

5 knights 

Ogre sniper 

I can see another 10 strong unit as well maybe, handgunners? 

Thoughts? Speculation? 

I could see Handgunners but instead of the Ogor Sniper, a piece of artillery!!

17 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Assuming there is a army box for Cities, I assume that what they've shown so far will be in it

General

10 warriors

5 knights 

Ogre sniper 

Thoughts? Speculation? 

My guess is similar.

• Foot Marshal
  • 10 Freeguild Guard
  • 10 Freeguild 'Handgunners' 
  • 5 Cavaliers 
  • Artillery piece (depending on size).

I also wouldn't put it past them to include a second foot hero instead of the 'Artillery', like a Warrior Priest, Witch Hunter or (new) Battlemage since they did that with the Votann set.

19 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

General

10 warriors

5 knights 

Ogre sniper 

Thoughts? Speculation? 

Another character, a unique hero

47 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

General

10 warriors

5 knights 

Ogre sniper 

Thoughts? Speculation? 

I agree with you except I'd probably drop the knights-

Marshal on foot to command the 10 infantry

Fusil-Major on ogor to command 10 handgunners

artillery seems like the best thing to release separately tbh. Cities feels like it's going to live and die by its commanders. Launch box giving us a split between infantry and gunlines allows players a choice on expanding the army out more than being saddled with artillery right off the bat. you could easily add the knights to an infantry or gunline force too

however...it really could just be the Marshal, 10 infantry, and 10 knights like the Seraphon box :/ Lumineth got 5 less cav with theirs.

Edited by CommissarRotke

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

General

10 warriors

5 knights 

Ogre sniper 

Thoughts? Speculation? 

Are the army boxes always all new stuff?

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

General

10 warriors

5 knights 

Ogre sniper 

Thoughts? Speculation? 

Some support hero. Wizard of a priest. Could also be some form of elite infantry.

34 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Some support hero. Wizard of a priest. Could also be some form of elite infantry.

I'm wondering if we'll get different types of priests this time around? the teaser articles mentioned a few different cults. It would be cool to see warrior priests of Grungni or even Alarielle

edit: there's a bunch of minor Gods or Godbeasts to pick from too I think??

Edited by CommissarRotke

34 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'm wondering if we'll get different types of priests this time around? the teaser articles mentioned a few different cults. It would be cool to see warrior priests of Grungni or even Alarielle

edit: there's a bunch of minor Gods or Godbeasts to pick from too I think??

Considering how they specified different cults among the sigmarite worshippers i think we'll get only those sadly(cult of the wheel,church of the Heldenhammer and so on)....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 6/20/2023 at 3:57 PM, woolf said:

Lol well put 😂 and fully agree. They should have modelled this with two bases, a separate one with the crow nest being moved around and planted by the Ogre, but the backpack routine.. quite wonky 😂

this came to me in a fever dream (driving home from work): that was the original plan but the ogors kept enjoying the fight too much and forgot to pick the crow nest back up

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

Are the army boxes always all new stuff?

Usually. The Black Templars one reused the Redemptor Dreadnought and Strike Force Augustus reused Heavy Intercessors, but those were the only exceptions I think (and probably had a lot to do with Marines always selling).

Given how much of the Cities line is being revamped, it'll probably be 100% new stuff.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Diverting subjects from Cities but about new Idoneth critters : yeah the Dunkleosteus is cool, but in regards to recent news, I now want orcas in the Deepkin army list. 

WE NEED WHALES. I wonder if GW had an AOS version of a whale and then Avatar The Way of Water came out and the design of the Tulkun were in a way similar?

Not that it would affect a mini already designed or anything.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Given how much of the Cities line is being revamped, it'll probably be 100% new stuff.

I've wanted it so much since they announced Cities... The near future of my whole hobby is concentrated in the release of this box 😅.

I still think it'll be out in September, shortly after the Nova Open reveals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Draznak said:

I've wanted it so much since they announced Cities... The near future of my whole hobby is concentrated in the release of this box 😅.

I still think it'll be out in September, shortly after the Nova Open reveals.

I think it will be out in August. 

If the GHB and Harbingers book is announced this coming Sunday, there will be nothing else to be released for AoS for the rest of the summer. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

No, the points can only be leaked by testers or a few content creators because the are not included in the GHB booklet anymore.

Yep that sounds about right.

still amazing how little leaks we got of the ghb in total.

i mean there are rumors of more spells coming, but pretty much nothing else is known