The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The real question is: After the Gore Grunta, Maw Krusha and Maw Grunta, will we also see the last glaring omission from the Ironjawz lineup: The fabled Gore Krusha?

Sooo Gore Krusha be a small Maw Krushas right.... like a unit of 3 flying baby wyverns with riders.... Yes please! 

Gore Magala collab? 

Gore Magala - Monster Hunter Sunbreak (Matériaux, Faiblesses Et Stratégies)  - Guides Monster Hunter Rise

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I feel like GW thinks in terms of Warclans now, not in terms of Ironjawz/Kruleboyz/Bonesplitters

See, I don't think they do.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/30/move-over-gore-gruntas-the-maw-grunta-is-a-humongous-hog-whos-here-to-slay/

The reveal article keeps specifically referring to them as Ironjawz, and makes barely any mention of Warclans.

image.png.46c617fba59b9b31496f0342b5b83fb7.png

The stream even specifically refers to it as 'Ironjawz' instead of Orruk Warclans.

It feels like if they really wanted to push the armies together, they would actually make models that work as part of multiple factions. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy they don't. I love Ironjawz, but I'm totally indifferent about Bonesplitterz and Kruleboyz (although I fully support them as factions and feel like they should be properly supported separate armies). If Ironjawz still was supported as a separate army I would definitely have an Ironjawz army by now.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 4

Seeing as one of the voices in the trailer was clearly a Darkoath who’ll play some part in the story I’d like to see them get expanded in a meaningful way. I love their design since the Darkoath savagers. If it would be possible to field an army of Darkoath which did not purely consist of 5+ save heroes I’d be ecstatic.

IMG_6733.jpeg

Edited by Ledgington
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Duinclaw is one of the most beloved even outside of AOS!!!!

Duinclaw's power of being loved is so powerful, they say he can turn even the most toxic WFB gatekeeper into an AoS fan with a simple gaze. 
But yeah GW totally saw the meme and mascot it became. Pretty sure Idoneth crabs are being worked on somewhere. Is it gonna be a big crab with people on it ? A crab herd like there are squig herds ? 
Personally a marine animal I'd like to see in the Idoneth range is a coelacanth. But that's just me. 

8 hours ago, Snarff said:

See, I don't think they do.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/30/move-over-gore-gruntas-the-maw-grunta-is-a-humongous-hog-whos-here-to-slay/

The reveal article keeps specifically referring to them as Ironjawz, and makes barely any mention of Warclans..

I really hope this is the first step in GW breaking Warclans into separate BTs. 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

Seeing as one of the voices in the trailer was clearly a Darkoath who’ll play some part in the story I’d like to see them get expanded in a meaningful way. I love their design since the Darkoath savagers. If it would be possible to field an army of Darkoath which did not purple consist of 5+ save heroes I’d be ecstatic.

IMG_6733.jpeg

Interesting tidbit about this mini. It was originally designed by David Waeselynck 9 years ago. It was a prototype for the version that ended up in Warhammer quest Silver Tower. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for talking about it here !

Sometimes I wish I was a fly in GW's design studio... They work so far in advance of the releases that we know about. The creative process, why one choice of mini/sculpt was chosen over another, managing the release schedule, and so on.

I'm sure that if GW ever decided to make a behind-the-scenes documentary about design studio, it would be a huge success ! Even though I know it's a pipe dream and will probably never happen (although it could be about stuff released a long time ago like that, no secrets issue).

• Like 5

So, I've been thinking about the new CoS ogor

Spoiler

CRIj33zrqhIKbQ04.jpg

I feel this mini alone basically confirms (at least to some degree) that Cities will stay a multi-race army. Even if we only have Dispossessed and some aelves staying apart from this, I don't see us getting a "100% human" faction identity even in the long term. Heck, after this new mini I wouldn't even be surprised to see a duardin or two among the new blackpowder kits, or an aelf in the Freeguild Guard kit!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

Seeing as one of the voices in the trailer was clearly a Darkoath who’ll play some part in the story I’d like to see them get expanded in a meaningful way. I love their design since the Darkoath savagers. If it would be possible to field an army of Darkoath which did not purely consist of 5+ save heroes I’d be ecstatic.

IMG_6733.jpeg

I'm still hoping that Darkoath would be a proper faction instead of the mix/match of warcry bands. Having a new version of Norsca would be incredible with fimir, werewolves, mammoths etc and of course conan-like barbarian infantry. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Heck, after this new mini I wouldn't even be surprised to see a duardin or two among the new blackpowder kits, or an aelf in the Freeguild Guard kit!

An aelf wouldn't wear the uniform of a human militia... he would wear finer armor worthy of his race, and fight with the best warriors of the city, not the frontline chaff. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

An aelf wouldn't wear the uniform of a human militia... he would wear finer armor worthy of his race, and fight with the best warriors of the city, not the frontline chaff. 

Aelves and Duardin are just as much part of the regular folk as Humans are right? Separating them like that would just make the humans feel on a lower level than the rest, which would IMO be a bad thing for a faction that's supposed to be the melting pot of the realms.

I'd actually love to see mixed-race kits. Making all the units human-only would be such a waste and actively detract from the multi-racial feeling that cities should have according to their lore.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Sooo Gore Krusha be a small Maw Krushas right.... like a unit of 3 flying baby wyverns with riders.... Yes please! 

Gore Magala collab? 

Gore Magala - Monster Hunter Sunbreak (Matériaux, Faiblesses Et Stratégies)  - Guides Monster Hunter Rise

There were some 3d sculpts floating around a while back that were basically mini maw krushas ridden by brutes, to be used as Gore-Grunta proxies. I haven't been able to find them since, but it's a concept that worked for sure. 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, SunStorm said:

There were some 3d sculpts floating around a while back that were basically mini maw krushas ridden by brutes, to be used as Gore-Grunta proxies. I haven't been able to find them since, but it's a concept that worked for sure. 

I would adore this as official models. Ironjawz have such solid creatures that mini maw-krushas would really round out the set. And new Ardboyz sculpts, they've looked quite out of place next to pretty much the entire rest of the Ironjawz range.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Aelves and Duardin are just as much part of the regular folk as Humans are right? Separating them like that would just make the humans feel on a lower level than the rest, which would IMO be a bad thing for a faction that's supposed to be the melting pot of the realms.

I'd actually love to see mixed-race kits. Making all the units human-only would be such a waste and actively detract from the multi-racial feeling that cities should have according to their lore.

Gimli Legolas GIF - Gimli Legolas Lotr - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Gimli Legolas GIF - Gimli Legolas Lotr - Discover & Share GIFs

I normally don't care at all about the normal human factions at all, but CoS is finally one I can get behind. It's more fantastical and has lovely inter-species cooperation which is always super fun to read about. It really feels like all the CoS inhabitants really come together and become greater than the sum of their parts despite their differences to survive in the harsh realms, and there's no forced rivalries between entire species anymore (e.g. the boring cliche of elves and dwarves always hating one another). I really hope it's reflected in their models sooner rather than later as well.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

So, I've been thinking about the new CoS ogor

Hide contents

CRIj33zrqhIKbQ04.jpg

I feel this mini alone basically confirms (at least to some degree) that Cities will stay a multi-race army. Even if we only have Dispossessed and some aelves staying apart from this, I don't see us getting a "100% human" faction identity even in the long term. Heck, after this new mini I wouldn't even be surprised to see a duardin or two among the new blackpowder kits, or an aelf in the Freeguild Guard kit!

I think it would be awesome to have Aelf and Duardin officers (command models) in CoS units leading a bunch of humans. Aelf officers in charge of ranged units and cavalry, Duardin officers in charge of artillery and infantry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ReynakZhen said:

I think it would be awesome to have Aelf and Duardin officers (command models) in CoS units leading a bunch of humans. Aelf officers in charge of ranged units and cavalry, Duardin officers in charge of artillery and infantry.

I could see an aelven head in the Cavaliers kit for instance. Aelven knight fighting alongside human knights. 

• Like 2

My only fear is that GW takes the Tau route with the lore being full of different races and culture, but we get like 1 or 2 units being from other races and 90% will be just humans.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I'm betting on A single aelf mage or assassin (Maleneth model when??) and a single duardin artillery crew for COS first wave ;)

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

if this were WHF I would agree, but I think Asbestress's pfp is of an aelf wearing Greywater Fastness uniform? Or possible aelf? Cities of Sigmar have thankfully blurred the lines more--at least in some texts like Soulbound--to give us Cities that take inspiration from all 3 of the titular mortal races.

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'm betting on A single aelf mage or assassin (Maleneth model when??) and a single duardin artillery crew for COS first wave ;)

if this were WHF I would agree, but I think Asbestress's pfp is of an aelf wearing Greywater Fastness uniform? Or possible aelf? Cities of Sigmar have thankfully blurred the lines more--at least in some texts like Soulbound--to give us Cities that take inspiration from all 3 of the titular mortal races.

Even that would be better than just purely humans imho.

And yeah, pfp's an aelf in Freeguild uniform. Kinda ironic considering I like Dispossessed more than every other Cities subfaction (maybe barring Freeguild). Not much art of female duardin though 😛

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

There was some really cool fan art of what an elven member of the Freeguild infantry might look like. This is of course linked to the older WHFB landsnecht aesthetic but I think the idea works well.

Slightly more refined than the human uniform and incorporating classically High Elvish pointy helm, feathers, sash, large belt, assorted gems and elvish gubbins.image.jpeg.f97a33b81e538e94451138f18d9c5ac1.jpeg

I think something similar with the new CoS aesthetic could work well, either as a new unit or preferably mixed in. And of course we have a long history of dwarves in WHFB imperial gear rather than horned helms and big runes.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Or Dunkleosteus. There is a Schleich toy of one that I have been tempted to stick on a base and paint whenever I see it in a store:

SC14575.jpg?20210408172754

In "Court of the Blind King" the main character ends up getting a mount that looks like an allopex but it has bony plates on its head like a dunkleosteus. I hope they bring that into AoS for sure!