The Rumour Thread

Tbh while there is a good bit of aesthetic difference between WHFB ogres and the more recent versions (this dude, the Bloodpelt hunter, and the Cursed City chap), I don’t think it rises to the level of real physiological difference.

Seems to me to be in

- the variety of facial sculpts (old OK had a really limited range of faces)

- more or less clothes, which kind of accentuates the appearance that older ones are way fatter, when it seems to me to be more a product of finer sculpting

- the lack of a gut plate on these new guys, which more than actual fatness would draw similarities with the older range 

They’re definitely drawing from pre-7th ed. WHFB ogre minis but I’m not so sold that they’re utterly out of step with the Ogre Kingdoms range, certainly not to the point of serious physiological differences.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Chikout said:

Regular humans can do this. images(14).jpeg.1eeb8a38bfd9c61ebd8d95564c6fba95.jpeg

I don't think a ten foot Ogor carrying one human in a crows nest is too implausible. 

I'm still very much looking forward to seeing what else is to come for cities. I hope we see another full unit next. 

Yeah but look where the weight is? The difference between that and WAAAAAAY up above him is a big one. I'm alone in thinking this is even stupider than the cow head helmets of the lumineth guys. Imagine you have to animate/write that thing fighting. Your options are: The ogor barely moves his body, and I mean barely, no waist movement what so ever which just does not mesh with ... well fighting. Or the man up top is just being flung around with all the grace and care of one of those little door stopper spring things you see on walls.

It's not just "warhammer wacky" imo. It requires the same level of "idk magic" as skeletons moving without ligaments except that even if its magic anti grav wood it STILL would mean the guy at the top is getting shaken like a cat toy.

It's just dumb to me.

• Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, The Red King said:

It's not just "warhammer wacky" imo. It requires the same level of "idk magic" as skeletons moving without ligaments except that even if its magic anti grav wood it STILL would mean the guy at the top is getting shaken like a cat toy.

Welcome to the whacky side of warhammer:

01.jpeg.be64648f6544222b740bffec93268340.jpeg
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Awwww mate @Whitefang liking my Ogor Comment has me so happy.

Thats 2 rumour engines that are definitely Ogors and whilst they could be the same mini I would wager one is from the Dawnbringer series and the other may be updated Ironguts.

Again I want to apologise for being so down yesterday, mental health be slipping these days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So Mawtribes are part of the campaign now ? I think it's time for a little recap post. So far, we know from Eddie at WHFest that Dawnbringers will feature minis for 12 factions. So far, we have these ones confirmed as part of the campaign :

- Fyreslayers
- Nurgle
- Flesh Eater Courts
- Gloomspite Gitz
- Warclans/Ironjawz
- Cities of Sigmar (?)

And we have these ones rumoured to be in the campaign, courtesy of Whitefang and the people here that broke down the campaigns' trailer :

- Mawtribes (just rumoured as the post above literally says)
- Stormcasts ? (Rumoured Neave Blacktalon in thunderstrike armour)
- Slaves to Darkness ? (Darkoath symbol in the trailer)
- Sylvaneth ? (Whitefang said Kurnothi were somewhere in the pipeline)

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

27 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Welcome to the whacky side of warhammer:

01.jpeg.be64648f6544222b740bffec93268340.jpeg
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Magic to make a skeleton horn make noise is much easier to understand than magic that somehow effects the position of 2 objects on a fixed axis relative to the rest of the world hah.

Doooooooooooo.....

• Haha 1

Perhaps worth noting that rumour engines don't necessarily signal an imminent release, we've had engines sit around for over a year before a corresponding model rolls down the pipe, so it's possible that we're looking at Ogor sneak peeks which won't even show up till their 4th edition battletome!

That said I wouldn't be surprised if they did little something as a part of the Dawnbringers campaign, either as a little herald of a larger release down the line, or just because Ogors do have a tendency of getting skipped over when it comes to holding any narrative weight in the setting!  I'd say at this point I'm fairly confident that GW are looking to get their old ranges updated (with rumoured Skaven on the horizon and the recent Seraphon refresh), so I can only assume that the last few ancient WHFB model ranges will be getting some signficant attention over the next few years, Ogors included.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Perhaps worth noting that rumour engines don't necessarily signal an imminent release, we've had engines sit around for over a year before a corresponding model rolls down the pipe, so it's possible that we're looking at Ogor sneak peeks which won't even show up till their 4th edition battletome!

That said I wouldn't be surprised if they did little something as a part of the Dawnbringers campaign, either as a little herald of a larger release down the line, or just because Ogors do have a tendency of getting skipped over when it comes to holding any narrative weight in the setting!  I'd say at this point I'm fairly confident that GW are looking to get their old ranges updated (with rumoured Skaven on the horizon and the recent Seraphon refresh), so I can only assume that the last few ancient WHFB model ranges will be getting some signficant attention over the next few years, Ogors included.

Exactly my thoughts mate!! These may be 4th Edition Ogor Engines!!

The only major holdovers left from WHFB are Skaven, Beasts and Ogors.

Skaven are rumoured for 4th Starter and every other Destruction Faction has been updated.

Ogors, in my mind, are getting updated next Edition. Id just love for them to appear to have a major role in the narrative in this campaign!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Magic to make a skeleton horn make noise is much easier to understand than magic that somehow effects the position of 2 objects on a fixed axis relative to the rest of the world hah.

why? it's all fake anyway. we haven't seen a 360 view either. the magic that lets a Skeleton toot a horn is the same that lets this howdah work. the article even implies these duos barely move when on the battlefield. If you really want to get into it... the Fusil-Major could literally climb down to the ground before relocating. The skeleton has no facial muscles at all; muscles that work together with your lungs in order to even blow air. Is the necromancer somehow throwing wind into every horn on the battlefield? Is it somehow automatic when you raise dead? Would a newbie necromancer be unable to raise skeletons that can blow horns???

We don't need mechanical answers for everything, especially if it hinders our enjoyment! Warhammer being Grimdark is going to produce weird stuff like this for the people fighting back against Chaos.

• Like 7

I Hereby Invoke the Law of Mystery Science Theatre 3000: It's just a game and we should really just relax. As @CommissarRotke has stated Warhammer is a world filled with Magic, Gods, and Literal Daemonic forces from hell, we should just enjoy the craziness and try not to think too hard about how everything works.... lest we drive ourselves insane.

• Like 7

Forgot to say on the recap post on Dawnbringers (btw thanks @Whitefang for the thanks react on this one, feels good to have your seal of approval on rumour recaps) that so far, this blocks 10/12 factions.

What do you think the missing 2 factions will be ? What would you like to see ? Personally, I'd like for Idoneth and Skaven to be the 2 remaining factions. 
(Though Tzeentch or BoC instead of Skaven would be cool too !)

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

9 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I Hereby Invoke the Law of Mystery Science Theatre 3000: It's just a game and we should really just relax. As @CommissarRotke has stated Warhammer is a world filled with Magic, Gods, and Literal Daemonic forces from hell, we should just enjoy the craziness and try not to think too hard about how everything works.... lest we drive ourselves insane.

Avoiding insanity? From a Tzeentch worshipper!?!?

• Haha 4

The Ogor-Tower is fine. If the Ogor stands still (big tower shield to lean on) the guy on the top shoots.

if the Ogor fights the guy on the top cowers into his crow‘s nest, holding on tightly. I am rather certain that’s how it’s supposed to work. No magic required. It’s a mobile hunter stand

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I agree for the most part. However I do think it's good to voice your opinion on a "product" design. Especially one as costly as this. 

There's definitely some common sense and real world physics, etc that get tossed to the wind in Warhammer design. Some have driven me bonkers as well, @The Red King, from time to time. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

So Mawtribes are part of the campaign now ? I think it's time for a little recap post. So far, we know from Eddie at WHFest that Dawnbringers will feature minis for 12 factions. So far, we have these ones confirmed as part of the campaign :

- Fyreslayers
- Nurgle
- Flesh Eater Courts
- Gloomspite Gitz
- Warclans/Ironjawz
- Cities of Sigmar (?)

And we have these ones rumoured to be in the campaign, courtesy of Whitefang and the people here that broke down the campaigns' trailer :

Most of this content seems that it is gonna appear this year with all the roadmaps we know, so my question is: what if we are gonna get a fifth book with a new faction next year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Avoiding insanity? From a Tzeentch worshipper!?!?

I can't be insane all the time, because then I would become predictable.

20 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I agree for the most part. However I do think it's good to voice your opinion on a "product" design. Especially one as costly as this. 

There's definitely some common sense and real world physics, etc that get tossed to the wind in Warhammer design. Some have driven me bonkers as well, @The Red King, from time to time. 

Oh don't get me wrong, common sense is important to me as well, it's why I don't like TOW's new tomb king paint scheme (they're trying to go for a Boris Karloff The Mummy poster look for the skin, but they over saturated the green), but this is the rumor thread, created for rumor-mongering and hype train foolery: we have a thread for complaining about/discussing  Mortal Redesigns created by @CommissarRotke.

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Forgot to say on the recap post on Dawnbringers (btw thanks @Whitefang for the thanks react on this one, feels good to have your seal of approval on rumour recaps) that so far, this blocks 10/12 factions.

What do you think the missing 2 factions will be ? What would you like to see ? Personally, I'd like for Idoneth and Skaven to be the 2 remaining factions. 
(Though Tzeentch or BoC instead of Skaven would be cool too !)

SKAVEN!! I could see this being a similar situation to Broken Realms. 

A character for Ogors and Skaven and then leading into Skaven finally getting their rightful time to rule-shine with machinations affecting the Crusades and Ogors coming mid Edition with their refresh.

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

- Fyreslayers
- Nurgle
- Flesh Eater Courts
- Gloomspite Gitz
- Warclans/Ironjawz
- Cities of Sigmar (?)

This would make 4 for Order, 3 for Destruction, 1 for Death and 2 for Chaos. I imagine the remaining two will probably be something from Death and/or Chaos if they want to keep a somewhat even distribution.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

This would make 4 for Order, 3 for Destruction, 1 for Death and 2 for Chaos. I imagine the remaining two will probably be something from Death and/or Chaos if they want to keep a somewhat even distribution.

Destruction only received Kragnos the past campaign.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

Yeah but look where the weight is? The difference between that and WAAAAAAY up above him is a big one. I'm alone in thinking this is even stupider than the cow head helmets of the lumineth guys. Imagine you have to animate/write that thing fighting. Your options are: The ogor barely moves his body, and I mean barely, no waist movement what so ever which just does not mesh with ... well fighting. Or the man up top is just being flung around with all the grace and care of one of those little door stopper spring things you see on walls.

It's just dumb to me.

I’m with you on this. Ignoring basic physics always looks weird. Deploying a regular ladder would make more sense than this design.

Edited by Flippy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

It's just dumb to me.

If ever were to build one it would be without the guy on top. Simply to represent he's flung somewhere to the other side of the board. 😆

I call this the anti-whack meta.

Edited by pnkdth
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

It's an odd thing that I find all the weirdness and strangeness of the Mortal Realms and all that's going on in and around them far more 'believable' and easy to immerse than I do 40k. I so badly struggle to willingly suspend my disbelief with 40k but don't have that problem with the Realms.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 9