The Rumour Thread

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

Do you get the newest White Dwarfs digitally with the sub?

Also I cannot believe this RE was ANOTHER space marine... I'm so sorry Votann and KO fans.

2023-03-07.jpg

The white dwarfs appear in the vault about 6 months after release. They just added 483.  They've also been adding  two old issues a week and are now at 292. It's getting to the point where it's a pretty good archive. It will be interesting to see if they stop adding the old issues when they reach the ones that didn't just do gw content. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

How many episodes is it, and are they coming out one a week?

i have wh+ this year, but it hasn't really been worth it, this might make it a better deal, but I really don't want to have to keep it into next year if the last episode airs after renewal day!

I got WH+ the first year and, while it probably didn't quite deliver for the price, I overall thought it was fine.  There were lots of animations, and several series.  At first it was weekly, then they went to an every-other-week format for animations.  

However, this year has been relatively poor.  Many long stretches with no animations.  I get that they need to build up a library (it's not Netflix or Disney+).  But when nothing is coming out other than Loremasters, Masterclass, or battle reports, it's hard to stay invested.  I'm not a huge fan of battle reports to begin with and the WH+ ones aren't anything special.  Masterclass is neat, but my painting ability isn't really high enough to make use of most of the tips.  And Loremaster used to be really good.  They'd take a character (like Abaddon or Nagash) and go through his life - something that would take bits from many different sources.  More recently, they've just been taking a faction and describing it - the exact sort of thing you already get from a battletome.  So either they are re-hashing a tome I've already read, or describing some faction I'm less interested in.  

I'm hopeful that Blacktalon will be good and we'll see more animations in the coming months.  But I'm going to have a real hard time staying subscribed in August (I bought the year) if things don't start picking up substantially. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

Also I cannot believe this RE was ANOTHER space marine... I'm so sorry Votann and KO fans.

2023-03-07.jpg

I am starting to suspect this image will be repurposed into a Space Marine at this point.
Malerion.jpg
Maybe that is how GW can actually start selling each army, this is the Eldar Speace Marine chapter and this is the Kurnothi Chapter?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ferban said:

I got WH+ the first year and, while it probably didn't quite deliver for the price, I overall thought it was fine.  There were lots of animations, and several series.  At first it was weekly, then they went to an every-other-week format for animations.  

However, this year has been relatively poor.  Many long stretches with no animations.  I get that they need to build up a library (it's not Netflix or Disney+).  But when nothing is coming out other than Loremasters, Masterclass, or battle reports, it's hard to stay invested.  I'm not a huge fan of battle reports to begin with and the WH+ ones aren't anything special.  Masterclass is neat, but my painting ability isn't really high enough to make use of most of the tips.  And Loremaster used to be really good.  They'd take a character (like Abaddon or Nagash) and go through his life - something that would take bits from many different sources.  More recently, they've just been taking a faction and describing it - the exact sort of thing you already get from a battletome.  So either they are re-hashing a tome I've already read, or describing some faction I'm less interested in.  

I'm hopeful that Blacktalon will be good and we'll see more animations in the coming months.  But I'm going to have a real hard time staying subscribed in August (I bought the year) if things don't start picking up substantially. 

Thanks, and to the others who replied.

I've kind of gone off the hobby content, and haven't played a game of AoS since Covid, so I was mainly just subscribing for the cool Sorcerer model, and the off chance I'd like the cartoons. Between the exclusive model and the voucher a few months back, its not been a horrendous price to pay for some 40K cartoons, and I went into it knowing there wouldn't be much fantasy content. Still I don't think I want another year of it. I can watch most of the stuff I'm still interested before the summer when I need to renew or not, but will be slightly sad if I start Blacktalon and don't get to finish it. We shall see I guess!

• Like 2

AVvXsEiBsRbeKkrAffYgI_1bCrze1vpI6WFPEquyf3rkmqpYlYZBrjZ4y3tjpwpQKmkKcRcH8EQBtYEVGOu0SOeXS3UorbH-BatscK7VakpGCYi31HkGdop00O8JWs5M5dvfULv0MrTBT5zhWJ-QUIg7bm_idp_PLxFGiCzucVMexvw6Jnb9cNTjNpIHhU6j6A=s3202022-07-19.jpg2022-07-26.jpg2022-09-13.jpg2022-10-04.jpg2022-10-11.jpg2022-11-01.jpg2022-11-15.jpg2023-01-10.jpg2023-03-14.jpg2023-03-21.jpg2023-03-28.jpg2023-04-04.jpg2023-04-11.jpg

This appears to be all that is left. Some of the others were already spotted in the Warcry Nightmare Quest leak with the FEC. A lot of these have AOS feels but all seem to be from different armies and I'm going to guess we will see a lot of these with the end of the edition narrative campaign when they release a variety of single releases for different armies. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I'm gonna take a shot at those rumour engines : from left to right, top to bottom :

40k Necrons, ????, 40k Catachan/Imperial Guard operative, Ghur spider incarnate, FEC, ???? (Necrons ?), 40k Imperium, GSC or Orks, 40k or Necromunda, AoS (Slaanesh or Idoneth ?), AoS Slaanesh, Ogres, Destruction, AoS Nurgle, and same miniature than the incense casket with smoke above. 

Half of it is probably completely wrong. But these are some of the weirdest rumour engines GW has put out. Especially the geometric blade one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, madmac said:

Running out is basically impossible, we get a new one every week, but with Warhammerfest coming up fast I think we are probably going to hit an all-time low for banked rumor engines.

Yeah, even if they somehow catch up on rumor engines, all it'll take is yet another week to make a new one.

Also remember not every model they show connects to a rumor engine :P

38 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Was this RE ever solved?

iqtVQZxah18mBiT7.jpg

I've just gone through all the Seraphon reveals and that specific spear isn't shown. The Saurus Knights (whatever they're called) are similiar, but the ones we see are all more ornate. As mentioned above, my guess is it'll be a Saurus Warrior spear: similar design to the knights, but less ornate makes sense for them.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

I've just gone through all the Seraphon reveals and that specific spear isn't shown. The Saurus Knights (whatever they're called) are similiar, but the ones we see are all more ornate. As mentioned above, my guess is it'll be a Saurus Warrior spear: similar design to the knights, but less ornate makes sense for them.

Isn't it probably a weapon variant for the new Scar Vet?

2 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Hmm, kind of looks like varanite, or its precursor at any rate. Very cool. Let Chaos reign, the Dawi Zharr march to war!

Varanite actually being the 'Blood of Hashut' would be a really cool plot development/minor twist, particularly if it was utilised to introduce the Chorfs into AoS with some narrative prominence.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

Well the Red Harvest Warcry set did say Morathi completely depleted Archaon’s stores of the stuff which forced him to “outsource” with mining facilities in other Realms to build up his plans from scratch.

http://www.mengelminiatures.com/2021/11/review-warcry-red-harvest.html?m=1

Could be the Chuardin find a way to mine plenty of it for him and win into his good graces for the civil war.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 hours ago, Baz said:

Screenshot_20230412_150935_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20230412_150940_Outlook.jpg

Wow, what a handsome lad! 😍 Kurnothi are, to me at least, such an interesting concept for (a)elves that it pains me to know GW hasn't really done anything with them yet. I know this will be heresy to some, but I find the design of Sylvaneth as a whole incredibly boring - and despite of the ongoing 'haha Duardin are best amirite?' joke that says a lot, as the dryad miniatures are legitimately my favourite WHFB era minis and I'm a certified Drycha Hamadreth fangirl (I can fix her). But the rest? Couldn't interest me less. I'd rather collect a small Soulblight army than try to force me be inspired by the rest of the Sylvaneth range. And I have! And the undead are, despite as murderous as dryads and Drychas, far less ecologically conscious, cute nor made of bark.

But Kurnothi? That's peak (a)elven perfection. If I could add hot furry beast aelves next to hot tree women, my wallet would be already empty and I'd regret my life choices that brought me to that moment. And the undead would be banished to an ebay auction in Shyish. Such a missed opportunity.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1