The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Would be awesome if the next Warcry season is like Catacombs again but on a Temple ship.

exactly!! the Temple ship seems like an obvious choice to have a similar ruleset to KT's Boarding Actions. and who do we know that fights in confined spaces a lot? Gitz, Skaven, duardin, orruks...

image.png.fd4a7d1616ea691a3975467136f6b9e5.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Silphid said:

Hmm.. you must be new to this internet thing to perceive this as revealing cleavage.. 😆 

The old "it isn't bad because it could be worse" defense?

I didn't say it was revealing, I said that the sculptor looked at her current model and made a concious decision to make it more revealing.

I'm far too aware of the internet I assure you which is why I'm tired. Not shocked, not outraged, not prudishly clutching at my pearls. Just tired.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ohh yes. Me and my friend Love to play warcry. He plays mainly FEC and I Stormcast. Seems Like the perfect Box for us.

But honestly Stormcast does not need more stuff. I have 5000 Points of them and still maybe only 30% of all models.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

then we're fine. even if the Temple ship is found and looted this season, there was definitely breadcrumbs that whoever claimed it needed to get out of the Gnarlwood too. I could see the Temple ship not even showing up until s3

If the next edition is Ulgu it could still fit by descending warbands finding the innards of the ship flooded with Shadow magic and portals to that realm.

the ship spawned chameleons In it’s defense and they’re made from Ulgu’s cosmos.

”While the origin of the Chameleon Skink's abilities is unclear, there are potential explanations that have spread amongst skinkdom. It is rumoured that that the first temple-ships that spawned Chameleon Skinks did not sail through the light of Azyr, but rather in the penumbral gloom of Ulgu. This interaction allowed the shadows of the realm to seep into the temple fleet's spawning pools, resulting in the unique abilities of the Chameleon Skinks. Perhaps as a result of this, Chameleon Skinks find it easy to become Coalesced in the realm of Ulgu's swirling mists.”

And in the Huanchi Skinks book they mention the Realm of Shadows is almost sacred to them as they believe the Old One Huanchi himself made themself into a part of the realm of Ulgu.

It could tie-back to Harrowdeep & Nethermaze with the moon daemons if the ship was there first scoping out the moons and brought on unwelcomed visitors before it was later attacked and crashed in Ghur(maybe also preparing to look at Gnorl and other moons?)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Huh, the concept art for the K’daai Destroyer in the dev blog is pretty different to (what I thought was) the K’Daai Destroyer in the original trailer. This one’s roughly anthropomorphic/genie-shaped whereas that was like the never-released bull-shaped meta monster.

I haven’t been following the videos and such in detail though, maybe this is accounted for somewhere.

I know the conversation has moved on somewhat (understandably so) but CA updated the blog to show the K'Daai Destroyer concept art:

chd_destroyer_concept.jpg

chd_destroyer_01-scaled.jpg

Edited by LordSolarMach
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

I know the conversation has moved on somewhat (understandably so) but CA update the blog to show the K'Daai Destroyer concept art:

chd_destroyer_concept.jpg

chd_destroyer_01-scaled.jpg

Seriously, chorfs need to come and bring this beast to the tabletop ASAP!!! Look at it! It looks like the unholy mix of an ape and a Minotaur!!!

• Like 2

It took me a minute to come around to the new generation of Stormcast (and to some extent, the more toned-down feel of a lot of new army releases), but this warband looks excellent. I might pick it up alongside the Hunters of Huanchi, but between Tyranids and Seraphon, this Summer is going to hurt a lot in the wallet...

• Like 4

11 hours ago, The Red King said:

The old "it isn't bad because it could be worse" defense?

I didn't say it was revealing, I said that the sculptor looked at her current model and made a concious decision to make it more revealing.

I'm far too aware of the internet I assure you which is why I'm tired. Not shocked, not outraged, not prudishly clutching at my pearls. Just tired.

I mean, Neferata is kinda known for her sensuality. One of her things in the Old World was that she used her beauty to wrap people around her little finger, and her powers enhanced that. To my knowledge she has not changed in AoS, in fact in one of her BL books as I recall a Prince (or leader of some kind) basically betrayed his people because of his memory of seing her when he was young as I recall 😂

I get your point, but at the same time it seems fairly appropriate to her character to have slightly revealing statues of herself raised. If it was Yndrasta or some other female character who does not leverage her physical appearance like Neffy does I might agree with you, but personally have no problem with it in this case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Sweet Sigmar I had a near heart attack opening TGA and it telling me the page was unavailable. Not this close to Adepticon please!!

Same here! I was thinking what a TERRIBLE time for the site to go offline!

Phew, so glad it's back in time for Adeptifun.

• Like 1

Some more images for Crypt of Blood, nothing new for Nightmare Quest:

Very much looks like either a cheap starter or one of the simpler versions for shops like Barnes&Noble since there isn't much terrain, the teams are just underworlds and its a paperboard.

Also that makes me think the Stormcast/FEC box might not be Nightmare Quest after all but the first set of the next cycle since why would you advertise the fourth set in your cycle instead of the first of the next for new players? After all the first of the next cycle should have the full rulebook inside again and Nightmare Qeuest is build on top of the other three sets you wouldn't be able to get anymore whenever Crypt of Blood releases.

The Seraphon temple does fit the current terrain but the next season could also use similar terrain with this season being more in the woods with the different kind of trees and the next one moving over to the crashed Seraphon ship we heard about before. Stormcast would also fit the first set more and the timing could line up nicely with a future FEC Battletome.

Also you can see in the table of contents that the cut off text from one of the last batch of images which I thought could be búsqueda de pesadilla (Nightmare quest) was continúa tu búsqueda instead which just means continue your quest. This should be where the other images came from.

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If this is a teaser for Underworlds, does that mean yesterday's Cities teaser is potentially main line AoS?

I ask myself the same question ! It would be curious if they did two teasers for just one of the five games presented tonight...

Why so much hope ? Why Sigmar ?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If this is a teaser for Underworlds, does that mean yesterday's Cities teaser is potentially main line AoS?

I thought that was a given as Whitefang posted the drawing of a human soldier. 

Regarding the Nightmare Quest box, seeing as the temple seems to be terrain sold separately, maybe there will another warband or 2 sold separately like the chaos legoniares. 

10 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Also that makes me think the Stormcast/FEC box might not be Nightmare Quest after all but the first set of the next cycle since why would you advertise the fourth set in your cycle instead of the first of the next for new players? The Seraphon temple does fit the current terrain but the next season could also use similar terrain with this season being more in the woods with the different kind of trees and the next one moving over to the crashed Seraphon ship we heard about before. Stormcast would also fit the first set more and the timing could line up nicely with a future FEC Battletome.

It's a fair point and I can't say I know for sure. But questing Ghouls and Stormcasts fit the Nightmare Quest moniker pretty well, I think. Also, the rulebook is (presumably) called "Might and Madness" which lines up nicely with the previous pamphlets (Stealth & Stone, Predator & Prey, etc). We'll know in a few hours!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Draznak said:

From Facebook :

337006256_178406668316655_8150364334283653245_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=PGmFHrxoyJ8AX9cB2Zs&_nc_ht=scontent-cdg4-1.xx&oh=00_AfBMlOcggJMKFulQFqJci9kJEGeoXktGa-b4MESHUjEQ9g&oe=641F4CDA

Hello Underworlds Tzeentch warband !

Oh my god, they are really going to open the great book of Leakers live on stream. Now that is a radical move to stop people from taking pictures they aren't meant to.

3 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I ask myself the same question ! It would be curious if they did two teasers for just one of the five games presented tonight...

Why so much hope ? Why Sigmar ?

My guess is that GW is aware of the fact that all the big releases for 40k have been leaked already, and they don't see much reason to hype them up any further. So a Sigmar centric marketing plan will attract the biggest following.

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If we actually do get something more than just an Underworlds Warband I'm gonna cry tears of joy!

A mainline CoS reveal would also serve as a nice transition to Underworlds and vice-versa in the show, although I would have expected Cities to be the AoS thing for Warhammer Fest (which is still most likely to happen. Start building hype a month before with a single squad/mini, then do the big reveal)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, Austin said:

I do like how you admit to trolling other people as a basis for why you think Whitefang is trolling you. Not as fun when someone else does it back. 

I know we can't all be capable of understanding all the popculture references, but I think there might be a reasonable assumption this was intended as a joke. Just try to read it in Joe Pesci's voice ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1