The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Idk. To me, I feel like he's laughing at me and my opinions (that's because that's what I do with laugh reacts on comments on social media). How are my comments funny @Whitefang ? Funny like I'm a clown ? Funny like I amuse you ? 

Chill bro, when it’s hard to say right or wrong but there is certainly a happy time ahead, I laugh.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

15 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Twisted Firaun 

Ha! Oh I've joined. I'm excited for new tomb Kings. All skellies army?... yes, please. And if no rules are released for AoS I'll definitely use them in OPR Age of Fantasy. 

@Vasshpit, as a monarch of LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! I welcome you to the brotherhood of the Danse Macabre. I shall pass along your membership to our fellow monarchs @Neil Arthur Hotep, @TristanGray, and @The Brotherhood of Necros

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Idk. To me, I feel like he's laughing at me and my opinions (that's because that's what I do with laugh reacts on comments on social media). How are my comments funny @Whitefang ? Funny like I'm a clown ? Funny like I amuse you ? 

take it as a "wait and see" / "you'll find out" tbh. on the flipside, I would also revel in being a cryptic poster reified by an entire forum for dropping hints and confirming rumours 😂

A lil' thought about the Ogor rumor engine.
Considering the Ogor in Ulfenkarn that seems more like the pre-6th ogre kingdoms ogres, could it be that the "order" ogors will be more like the classic ones while the not-mongol horde will stay the destruction ones?
I'm the only one thinking aos is tacking back many old concepts before the 6th edition "aesthetic" of whfb?(see the Kruleboyz...they are Kev adams orcs remade).

Could be. I imagine city-Ogors will be “gutless” to show they aren’t over-eating which would threaten their city allies compared to the Gutbusters “Might makes right so take what you want” attitude.

Like Drekki’s Ogor crewmate actually eats his food properly and will set it all down neatly before diving into a bar fight.

Same for the Iron Golem Ogor being much more lean.

image.jpeg.8a092f2e3ae757d51d81c236a6c13349.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Baron Klatz said:

Could be. I imagine city-Ogors will be “gutless” to show they aren’t over-eating which would threaten their city allies compared to the Gutbusters “Might makes right so take what you want” attitude.

Like Drekki’s Ogor crewmate actually eats his food properly and will set it all down neatly before diving into a bar fight.

An interesting dichotomy in ogor culture that I'd love to see expanded upon. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Perhaps Cities Ogors will come with a "big gut" upgrade sprue for Mawtribe-ing them!

They seriously chose to change their formula to avoid Slaanesh and give us extra stormcast rather than Destruction?! Very disappointing imo, I was feeling really excited to buy my first warcry boxset...

What's the point of putting a season of warcry in Ghur and not giving destruction a warband?!

Edit 1: Apparently I may have overreacted too fast...

Edit 2: Nope, hopes dashed again...

Edited by DoctorPerils

Do we have any indication that Warcry season 3 WON'T be in Ghur? if this last boxed set is 2 warbands getting near the center, we still haven't seen the actual ship nor the relic(s) that are being defended inside.

I wouldn't be surprised if season 3 was still in Ghur and/or was majority Destruction releases.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

They seriously chose to change their formula to avoid Slaanesh and give us extra stormcast rather than Destruction?! Very disappointing imo, I was feeling really excited to buy my first warcry boxset...

What's the point of putting a season of warcry in Ghur and not giving destruction a warband?!

to be fair, considering all the issues from the pandemic and shipping delays, I wouldn't be surprised if this was supposed to be the first Warcry warband for the new edition, and just had to be delayed and redone for now. 

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

Do we have any indication that Warcry season 3 WON'T be in Ghur? if this last boxed set is 2 warbands getting near the center, we still haven't seen the actual ship nor the relic(s) that are being defended inside.

I wouldn't be surprised if season 3 was still in Ghur and/or was majority Destruction releases.

we still have another year and a half in Ghur with AoS 3rd edition, so I imagine we'll see another 'season' of Warcry here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RileyArlic said:

we still have another year and a half in Ghur with AoS 3rd edition, so I imagine we'll see another 'season' of Warcry here. 

then we're fine. even if the Temple ship is found and looted this season, there was definitely breadcrumbs that whoever claimed it needed to get out of the Gnarlwood too. I could see the Temple ship not even showing up until s3

• Like 1

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

then we're fine. even if the Temple ship is found and looted this season, there was definitely breadcrumbs that whoever claimed it needed to get out of the Gnarlwood too. I could see the Temple ship not even showing up until s3

Would be awesome if the next Warcry season is like Catacombs again but on a Temple ship.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:
2 hours ago, The Red King said:

Also the neferata shrine would be a lot cooler if it didn't look like it a was a meme about "the only place people look on this model heh heh heh". Probably because of the downward angle more than anything else. Actually a quick look at neferata actual kit shows that the sculptor decided her cleavage window wasn't big enough and plunged the neckline... 

Turns out I'm already so tired...

Hmm.. you must be new to this internet thing to perceive this as revealing cleavage.. 😆 

36 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Perhaps Cities Ogors will come with a "big gut" upgrade sprue for Mawtribe-ing them!

Perhaps "Cities Ogres" have gutplates with Sigmarite symbols and Destro Ogres have gutplates with Maw symbols. That could be a modeling hack for Ogres : plain gutplates with little bits from the sprue that you can glue on them to customise your Ogres.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I do like how you admit to trolling other people as a basis for why you think Whitefang is trolling you. Not as fun when someone else does it back. 

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I truly hope this isnt the last Warcry box this Season. Destruction needs some love.

The gap between the first season of revamped Killteam and Into the Dark was basically nonexistent, I expect it'll be the same for Warcry. New boxes every three months, this being the last of the four just means that next one will be another full size starter with a new core book, more terrain, etc etc.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1