The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Dang, I love that new temple and all, but did it have to be Stormiest Eternals vs Ghouls? Why Not Slaanesh vs ghouls? or literally anyone besides Stormcast?!?!

I both understand and think it's slightly a waste: if GW is going to do more Thunderstrike designs I'd rather it settle in AOS proper. But Warcry is also the best place to do one-off designs like this.

58 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Another Relictor?

Not that I'm complaining... (I love the look and think they fit really well as Cities auxiliaries, and this also somehow looks more character-y than the Knight-Relictor 😛)

these Stormcast seem to explicitly be Soulbound! Which is probably why, on top of acting as a proxy, we got another Relictor so soon.

Soulbound warband not being multiracial is very sad though :( maybe in Underworlds or next Warcry season...

• Like 1

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

these Stormcast seem to explicitly be Soulbound! Which is probably why, on top of acting as a proxy, we got another Relictor so soon.

Soulbound warband not being multiracial is very sad though :( maybe in Underworlds or next Warcry season...

Stormcast can't be Soulbound though can they? They just get in on the party because they're revived too. 

That's a weird set of Stormcast for Warcry. The legs are duplicated a lot across those 6 figures whereas Warcry tends to not do that, with each set being composed of largely unique models. It could be a new release for Stormcast as part of a general AoS update (maybe our campaign books) or even alongside the Cities of Sigmar release as an unit intended to work more with them.

I think this is something further out than Nightmare Quest

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I both understand and think it's slightly a waste: if GW is going to do more Thunderstrike designs I'd rather it settle in AOS proper. But Warcry is also the best place to do one-off designs like this.

GW has a place for one-off Fantasy designs already, it's called Underworlds. Warcry's supposed to be the place where they flesh out factions and concepts that wouldn't normally get expanded upon, while Stormcast get a new release almost as often as Space Marines.

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Stormcast can't be Soulbound though can they? They just get in on the party because they're revived too. 

I thought they could, though you're probably right as it's been an entire year since I played the RPG Soulbound!

2 minutes ago, EonChao said:

It could be a new release for Stormcast as part of a general AoS update (maybe our campaign books) or even alongside the Cities of Sigmar release as an unit intended to work more with them.

this would be an EXTREMELY interesting move for GW to get more AOS units out into its armies. I'd prefer it to singular heroes for sure.

3 minutes ago, EonChao said:

That's a weird set of Stormcast for Warcry. The legs are duplicated a lot across those 6 figures whereas Warcry tends to not do that, with each set being composed of largely unique models. It could be a new release for Stormcast as part of a general AoS update (maybe our campaign books) or even alongside the Cities of Sigmar release as an unit intended to work more with them.

Unfortunately, Nightmare Quest translates into "búsqueda de pesadilla" in Spanish, so this is indeed Nightmare Quest.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

It's not the soulbound you think of

thunderstrike praetors also "soulbound" with their commander

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Unfortunately, Nightmare Quest translates into "búsqueda de pesadilla" in Spanish, so this is indeed Nightmare Quest.

Thank you, well I guess I know which box I need to pick up from this season of Warcry now

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

36 hours to go! 

Such exciting times, lizards, cites, space hulk, Ogors on the rumour engine, 10th Ed 40k, The Old World, more kurnoth stuff. 

I knew 2023 was going to be good hobby wise but didn't know this good!! 

Hold your enthousiasm guys and gals, it’s fun to get excited but this isn’t a fact, it’s still wishful thinking. Best to expect little and be pleasantly surprised. Kurnothi, for instance, received the mention of “something soon”. Were it to be revealed at Adepticon, i would assume “VERY soon” would have been said.

Same with TOW…

(I know.. I WANT to be excited too)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silphid said:

Hold your enthousiasm guys and gals, it’s fun to get excited but this isn’t a fact, it’s still wishful thinking. Best to expect little and be pleasantly surprised. Kurnothi, for instance, received the mention of “something soon”. Were it to be revealed at Adepticon, i would assume “VERY soon” would have been said.

Same with TOW…

I think it's more the fact these things are happening at all. Most of us know that this won't all be revealed this week, but it's the fact stuff we want to see is slowly beginning to happen

7 minutes ago, Silphid said:

Same with TOW…

Good advice. I choose to disregard it and get recklessly hyped instead.

• Haha 4

First of all, the Lord Relictor was my favorite AOS1 model, I LOVE to see it Thunderstrike-ized and looking great - also, very happy for the FEC players ! The Crypts of Blood set looks very tempting. 

But : 

• No Destruction vs Slaanesh ? Very, VERY sad for both. Hate it when GW (though very chaotic) breaks expected pattern. 
  • If it's not Nightmare Quest but the first set of the second "season", then it should be set in a 2D environnement like Gallowfall for Kill Team, right ? So that's probably not that... (Or breaking "pattern" again).
  • I just assembled a Thunderstrike warband for Warcry :')

Didn't GW say at the start of 2nd Edition that there would be new Warcry models for EVERY Grand alliances ? There is still hope for season two...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Silphid said:

Same with TOW…

Oh I don't expect what I listed to be all revealed tomorrow, just listing stuff coming that's got me excited. 

4 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

First of all, the Lord Relictor was my favorite AOS1 model, I LOVE to see it Thunderstrike-ized and looking great - also, very happy for the FEC players ! The Crypts of Blood set looks very tempting. 

But : 

• No Destruction vs Slaanesh ? Very, VERY sad for both. Hate it when GW (though very chaotic) breaks expected pattern. 
  • If it's not Nightmare Quest but the first set of the second "season", then it should be set in a 2D environnement like Gallowfall for Kill Team, right ? So that's probably not that... (Or breaking "pattern" again).
  • I just assembled a Thunderstrike warband for Warcry :')

Didn't GW say at the start of 2nd Edition that there would be new Warcry models for EVERY Grand alliances ? There is still hope for season two...

Remember when they said every army was getting love in Broken realm, well that was a lie lol

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, EonChao said:

It looks like one set of legs/torso is used 3 times (Castellant, Grandaxe Errant, and Grandlance Errant), one set is used twice (Relictor and Grandblade Errant) and the duelist one isn't duplicated at all. Quite weird.

Edit: In the battle scene photo it looks like there is someone with a Grandhammer as well, so maybe that's the other duplication for the Duelist leg/torso set.

Edited by boyadventurer

21 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

It's not the soulbound you think of

thunderstrike praetors also "soulbound" with their commander

Indeed. Actually can be used to explain some of the copied legs too for a re-use handwave.

In-lore Praetors Soulbond with their charges so closely, so they absorb all the damage instead, they slowly become clones of them to even their face, body features and even memories changing to match.(so if you want super loreful helmetless Praetors get copies of their commander’s head xD )

On Destruction, I wonder if it was intended to be Hedonites vs Destruction but it got scrapped last minute for reasons? Maybe we’ll see whatever they initially had planned to pop up at the edition’s end backing Gordrakk and the Slaanesh demigod twins?