The Rumour Thread

They really just keep knocking those out of the (jurassic) park!

I can't say anything new tbh, I am incredibly happy with each and every sculpt they show. A part of me fears that with every showcased hero model we have less chance of all units being renewed, but a more hopeful part says that it just means that GW are really going for it and intend to refresh everything that needs it

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Well, Starseer was unexpected. Makes me even more curious about how many modaels will be updated! I hope this doesn't mean that we will get no Cold one resculpts... Oh well we will see!

i cant imagine that.  even GW cant be blind to how much of an abortion of a model the current cold ones are...  and that head on the ogre model does look very much like a nicer, more organic head with some similarities to the current brutal one.

I do hope there's still 3 or 4 more things to see - and not just foot characters.

SF

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

For me, the Chaos Dwarf DLC for TWW3 is another sign the Dawi Zharr are coming back to tabletop. 

Fingers crossed for big beards and even bigger hats. Legion of Argorh arrived during my hiatus, but, for me, they never hit the heights* of their glorious 4th ed debut.

• Like 2

The alternate build on that Starseer looks a lot like Tetto'Eko (ie. the current resin Starseer).

I wonder if it will be used as him in The Old World, and the reason he's not as wizened and sitting cross-legged is because he's 300 years younger. (Can Skinks live that long? I know Tetto'Eko was supposed to be ancient by the End Times...)

Edited by LordSolarMach
Spelling.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

The alternate build on that Starseer looks a lot like Tetto'Eko (ie. the current resin Starseer).

I wonder if it will be used as him in The Old World, and the reason he's not as wizened and sitting cross-legged is because he's 300 years younger. (Can Skinks live that long? I know Tetto'Eko was supposed to be ancient by the End Times...)

I think it is a case of they usually don't live to incredible ages (think skinks have similar lifespans to humans, though might be wrong) but there are a few ones that are special in some way and have far longer lives. Tetto'Eko for example being a powerful wizard might have extended his span. Not sure about the seraphon though, they might be a little different to their OW counterparts.

I really would love to know how many kits we have left with the Starseer being shown. 

Can we just count on the two other rumored kits? 

I am beyond pleased with this release wave and will be happy no matter what else we're getting... I just want to know everything now. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

No. Noooo…. And just like that I have the overwhelming urge to convert an entire faction of Pterodactyl people. Almost certainly using the new little Terrawing things from the Sundered Fate set. 

They will be flappy and snappy and the Mortal Realms will tremble at the sound of their clacking beaks. Caw-caw! 

If you put 20% of the love you've put into your Bloodborne-esque Fishing Hamlet into it, GW will notice it and Pterodactyl-Man will be the new main bad guy in AoS for sure! 😍

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Elbaf said:

His name is Sauron dammit !

Go figure, he's so evil only the most evil name will suffice. Also Saurbert didn't quite have the same ring to it. But Pterodactyl-Man isn't too shabby either! 

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Have you tried saying Whitefang 5 times in front of a mirror? 🙊

The mirror is just a urban legend.

Everybody knows that you need to offer, in total silence, a letter soup with only the D-W-A-R-F letters while wearying a dark elf costume and a insectoid mask.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

..... You know, if GW doesn't make it so that we can play Seraphon/Lizardmen in both TOW and AOS with these new kits, I might seriously stop being this hobby. Every single new kit so far has been absolutely breathtaking, from both a design and paint-scheme point and my inner five year old is screaming DINOSAURS!!! non-stop lately. The eyes are what really sell this guy for me, he's clearly gazing into the future of the mortal realms and predicting the return of LONG LOST NEHEKHARA AND MYSTERIOUS ARABY! That, and he's understanding his insignificance in the Great Plan and is about to drop a comet on some poor warmbloods to compensate for it....

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, Arzalyn said:

The mirror is just a urban legend.

Everybody knows that you need to offer, in total silence, a letter soup with only the D-W-A-R-F letters while wearying a dark elf costume and a insectoid mask.

False, you need to be reading the book "White Fang" by Jack London while watching Balto and building a Space Wolves army. Then, when the moon is full you have to shout "@Whitefang!" three times ala Beetlejuice and he will answer your summons.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

..... You know, if GW doesn't make it so that we can play Seraphon/Lizardmen in both TOW and AOS with these new kits, I might seriously stop being this hobby. Every single new kit so far has been absolutely breathtaking, from both a design and paint-scheme point and my inner five year old is screaming DINOSAURS!!! non-stop lately. The eyes are what really sell this guy for me, he's clearly gazing into the future of the mortal realms and predicting the return of LONG LOST NEHEKHARA AND MYSTERIOUS ARABY! That, and he's understanding his insignificance in the Great Plan and is about to drop a comet on some poor warmbloods to compensate for it....

@KingBrodd @Enoby don‘t plan any trips, I think we‘ll need to rename this fine gentleman any minute now…

May I suggest Pterodactyl-Man? You could cure cancer…or turn people into dinosaurs (obviously the best choice, no matter what)!

All this talk about pterodactyl-men makes me consider playing Seraphon as well. 😅 But since dinosaurs are birds, this should technically be cool with my patron, right? Right?

oh shi-GWARBARBL *chaos spawn noises…. with tiny pterodactyl wings, yay!*

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MitGas said:

@KingBrodd @Enoby don‘t plan any trips, I think we‘ll need to rename this fine gentleman any minute now…

May I suggest Pterodactyl-Man? You could cure cancer…or turn people into dinosaurs (obviously the best choice, no matter what)!

All this talk about pterodactyl-men makes me consider playing Seraphon as well. 😅 But since dinosaurs are birds, this should technically be cool with my patron, right? Right?

oh shi-GWARBARBL *chaos spawn noises…. with tiny pterodactyl wings, yay!*

I would like to point out that in the Nagash Trilogy there is a Nehekharan city that hires Lizardmen mercenaries to fight in their armies. Besides, I have four little brothers, you don't think I can hook one of them with this army when they're a bit older. Don't worry lady @Enoby and @KingBrodd, my name isn't going to change unless GW decides to unveil a new Chaos Dwarf vs Tomb Kings box set featuring Cathayan Monkeymen mercenaries. 

@MitGas, you should be fine since it's an army of magical killer lizards, though you may lose some favor due to the Lizardmen believing in a strict hierarchy based on genetics..... that's some tau Khara right there.

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cool new starseer(s). I think the standing version's pose would look more natural by swapping its staff-holding arm with the sitting one's, so that it looks like it's using the staff to support its weight. Hopefully the arms are interchangeable.

The fact that you can build two versions of a model that would usually only be a one-of in an army makes me wonder whether Tetto'eko will return in the new book. Seraphon need some special characters, and it's easy to explain away the survival of lizardmen from the World-That-Was due to their starborne nature. Plus, having different rules for both variants of the kit would incentivize people to buy two boxes instead of one.

But, since that would be the most logical option, GW probably won't do it.

Ok, I really like the seer Palanquin and staff, but the way the Seeris sat and standing feels odd to me. I would have like to have seen him standing a bit more dynamic, or sat like the slann, or perched off the front. To me, it feels like he’s commuting. Still getting one of course 😅

323AF350-B419-4131-9493-8E566F4F5983.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 19

3 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Ok, I really like the seer Palanquin and staff, but the way the Seeris sat and standing feels odd to me. I would have like to have seen him standing a bit more dynamic, or sat like the slann, or perched off the front. To me, it feels like he’s commuting. Still getting one of course 😅

B729A0DD-37D0-4544-9A99-EC07785B4962.jpeg

*Muffled Subway Announcer* Now arriving at Sotek's Tail Station, Starborne and Coalesced connect at Sotek's Tail Station. Next stop, Itza Plaza. Please stay clear of the doors.

• Haha 7