The Rumour Thread

21 hours ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

What gives me hope about new gitz is that GW have been good in making most new books make the armies play like you feel they should. 

I would like it to be something similar to how Nurgle play with their disease points in that the army gets stronger and stronger the more the bad moon affect the battle (and let us keep it on the board the whole time thank you!). Enemies gets debuffed and Gitz gets buffed until everything is covered in mushroom.

They've done well, but kruleboyz were a miss, and this edition hates hordes since the rules were written during the 30 minutes where hordes were really good in aos 2.

The moon should give some good army bonuses, but they need to work on making the different parts of the army play like they should too, and not be terrible at it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

They've done well, but kruleboyz were a miss, and this edition hates hordes since the rules were written during the 30 minutes where hordes were really good in aos 2.

The moon should give some good army bonuses, but they need to work on making the different parts of the army play like they should too, and not be terrible at it.

I have not been much of a horde Gitz player, but yes they should make each subfaction feel good and also not dependent on Kragnos. So for example Squigs should be fast and hit hard but be class cannon (the important thing is that it is a cannon and not towel like now), troggs low but hit lika brick and hard to remove etc. 

And while we are wishing, how about a possibility to actually do a good mixed force with our supreme leader Skragrott as general?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

And while we are wishing, how about a possibility to actually do a good mixed force with our supreme leader Skragrott as general?

Whats funny is that if they'd just given skragrott warmaster this would've probably worked with the old book.
You'd get squig herd & grot battleline, and could take a second general to unlock hoppers, troggs, or spider riders.
Skragrott would probably have nearly 100% playrate at that point, but it probably would've been a huge help for gitz.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Ganigumo said:

Whats funny is that if they'd just given skragrott warmaster this would've probably worked with the old book.
You'd get squig herd & grot battleline, and could take a second general to unlock hoppers, troggs, or spider riders.
Skragrott would probably have nearly 100% playrate at that point, but it probably would've been a huge help for gitz.

This isnt really different from having to run a Throggboss if u want to play Throggs. Wouldnt mind having to run the faction leader for a mixed list.

7 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Just looked up Skragrott on the app. Who is this worse for wear dude with him? Not mentioned on the app and doesn't seem to come with the model on the webstore?

Screenshot_20221121-163221.png

17 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Just looked up Skragrott on the app. Who is this worse for wear dude with him? Not mentioned on the app and doesn't seem to come with the model on the webstore?

Screenshot_20221121-163221.png

It’s part of the fanatic kits, they never fixed the picture on the Apps so the grit appears on Skarggrots warscroll

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, madmac said:

At this point, while I am also very disappointed for Beasts especially and that packed spring schedule generally, I'm holding my fire until at least the New Years preview.  What we've seen for BoC and Gits so far feels a little disjointed. They showed a unit for Gits but not a hero and a hero for Beasts that's not tied to a battlebox, which seems odd, given that literally every book so far in 3E comes with a hero plus BoC and Gits seem to be coming out at the same time. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there's a Beasts vs Gits battlebox that they've chosen not to reveal yet. Basically starting from New Years we should be getting a flurry of previews that almost have to be AoS focused given that 40K is just going to be Kill Team and Arks of Omen for the six months or so, we should have a much clearer idea what's coming soon.

Lots of good points here mate!! Hopefully we get a BOC vs Gitz box with all new BOC units and the Beastlord!!

6 hours ago, novakai said:

For ease of conversion, the battle boxes are the same price as a mega gargant box 

Thats depressing as a Gargant lover.

7 hours ago, madmac said:

What we've seen for BoC and Gits so far feels a little disjointed. They showed a unit for Gits but not a hero and a hero for Beasts that's not tied to a battlebox, which seems odd, given that literally every book so far in 3E comes with a hero plus BoC and Gits seem to be coming out at the same time. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there's a Beasts vs Gits battlebox that they've chosen not to reveal yet.

While I also expect GW to release them as part of a duel box, its totally possible that they don't do that and just release the beastlord + the tome. Mawtribes and Nurgle got just that, although nurgle singular release and the difficult in including Gargants in on of those boxes is probably the reason they got it this way.

3 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

It's about 60kg 😄

Also wow GW gouges you on exchange rates. I knew there was a markup, but I didn't realise it was quite that much 😮

To be fair, the GBP is currently near a historical low.  GW hedges their prices because there is a real cost to raising them.  Customers don't like high prices, but they dislike raising prices even more.  Pegging their prices close the the current exchange rate would risk losing money when exchange markets fluctuate in the wrong direction.

Added to that is the cost of shipping and distributing goods from the UK into other markets.  Markets like the US and AUS see a markup because they incur these additional costs.

However, if you can find an independent retailer that ships from the UK to international customers, you can reap the benefits of the weak pound.  I've been using Troll Trader, and have recently picked up a load of stuff new on sprue for an effective 60% discount compared to US retail prices.

Edited by elescapo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I think I heard more rumblings and rumors of Blood Angel, I hedge my bet that the Holiday preview will be Sangunalia themed since it both blood angel related and 40K version of Christmas. Probably the best time to revealed Primaris Dante if rumors are true.

I thought the rumour was that Blood Angels were tied to the next edition? Has there been updates on that and are we too far off for a preview of 10th during the holiday season?  I do not really follow 40K rumours beyond trying to find out if we will get Dark Mech before I shrug and go halves on 10th edition's starter set.

I personally feel like this year's Advent Calendar will be a mix of stuff ,but there will be an emphasis on AOS as they build to 10th Edition. Of course that might simply mean a lot of teasers for single hero models unfortunately.

Edited by Neverchosen

32 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I thought the rumour was that Blood Angels were tied to the next edition? Has there been updates on that and are we to far off for a preview of 10th?

I personally feel like this years Advent Calendar will be a mix of stuff but there will be an emphasis on AOS as they build to 10th Edition. But I do not really follow 40K rumours beyond trying to find out if we will get Dark Mech before I shrug and go halves on 10th edition's starter set.

Well it depend on who you talk to but it’s the other (Dark) Angel marine chapter that headlining 10th

of course outside of another vs box or more Wolf Gitz there really isn’t much left on the docket for AoS to be reveal until LVO and spring. AoS vs boxes have traditionally happen on New Year’s Day too from what I remember

Edited by novakai
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think keyword bingo is going away entirely, rather they loosen up some restriction for the moonclan keywords (like an ability works on all moonclan units not specifically a hero or grot unit) but I doubt there will be many true universal buff as that not even common among newer books either.

like your spider buff and trogg buff are not going to work on other units other Spiderfang and Troggoths. Your moonclan buff are still for mostly moonclan units but now includes squigs.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, madmac said:

At this point, while I am also very disappointed for Beasts especially and that packed spring schedule generally, I'm holding my fire until at least the New Years preview.  What we've seen for BoC and Gits so far feels a little disjointed. They showed a unit for Gits but not a hero and a hero for Beasts that's not tied to a battlebox, which seems odd, given that literally every book so far in 3E comes with a hero plus BoC and Gits seem to be coming out at the same time. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there's a Beasts vs Gits battlebox that they've chosen not to reveal yet. Basically starting from New Years we should be getting a flurry of previews that almost have to be AoS focused given that 40K is just going to be Kill Team and Arks of Omen for the six months or so, we should have a much clearer idea what's coming soon.

75hastings69 did write something about a possible new Jabberslythe lets hope its true
image.png.3e17903a08001c102a1716f3fd6e543f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fellman said:

75hastings69 did write something about a possible new Jabberslythe lets hope its true
image.png.3e17903a08001c102a1716f3fd6e543f.png

Has Hastings been credible lately? Havent heard that name in a while to be honest and even less in connection with AoS.

Edit: Dont want to be negative but the Jabberslythe has been rumoured a lot last year and turned out to be a Necromunda flea and Accursed Cultist Torments.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, novakai said:

Well it depend on who you talk to but it’s the other (Dark) Angel marine chapter that headlining 10th

Really?

Valrak said that we are going to see some HQs in the new Ark of Omens campaign, some of them tied to Dark Angels (last one being the return of the Lion) just before the new edition. The first rumors were pointing to Blood Angels vs Tyranids for a 10th edition. With a new Primarch-like Sanguinor, new Dante, jetpack Primaris, etc...

At least, that's what people are talking about between dakka and bolter&chainsword, not sure if there are more rumormongers around that can throw some light...

10 hours ago, elescapo said:

To be fair, the GBP is currently near a historical low.  GW hedges their prices because there is a real cost to raising them.  Customers don't like high prices, but they dislike raising prices even more.  Pegging their prices close the the current exchange rate would risk losing money when exchange markets fluctuate in the wrong direction.

Added to that is the cost of shipping and distributing goods from the UK into other markets.  Markets like the US and AUS see a markup because they incur these additional costs.

However, if you can find an independent retailer that ships from the UK to international customers, you can reap the benefits of the weak pound.  I've been using Troll Trader, and have recently picked up a load of stuff new on sprue for an effective 60% discount compared to US retail prices.

Oh yeah, I realise there are reasons beyond greed for GW's price choices, it just airways really shocks me when I see them. I guess I'm happy to live in the UK (well apart from the fact our economy is doing really badly and we have huge inflation) for once, as usually we're the country paying big markups.