The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Preview today - the battle boxes?

Trying to remember what else, either AoS or 40k has been shown but not released yet?

The guard box is a two week pre-order so there might not be anything. We are still waiting for the next warcry box, the Escher bike for Necromunda, the recently announced Horus heresy tank and the Gloomspite underworlds warband which we haven't even see yet. We might also get the first in the new 40k campaign series this year. 

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The guard box is a two week pre-order so there might not be anything. We are still waiting for the next warcry box, the Escher bike for Necromunda, the recently announced Horus heresy tank and the Gloomspite underworlds warband which we haven't even see yet. We might also get the first in the new 40k campaign series this year. 

I'm ruling out stuff we've not seen, aren't things always shown in advance.

Probably it'll be the Escher bikes and Warcry today then.

It would be wild if they showed a new pre-order with a two week pre-order already going.  I'm sure they'll post something today talking about how they'll be going over some really cool new stuff for the upcoming week. 

Maybe we'll get a preview of the GSG warband on Monday. 

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

It would be wild if they showed a new pre-order with a two week pre-order already going.  I'm sure they'll post something today talking about how they'll be going over some really cool new stuff for the upcoming week. 

Maybe we'll get a preview of the GSG warband on Monday. 

Should be warcry today I would imagine. 

The guard army box is released on black Friday so they should still have something coming out on the Saturday. 

• Like 1

A bunch of old Warriors of Chaos models going MTO next week. Notably Archaon and the Mounted Chaos Sorcerer who I don't think has been around in basically forever?

Also a Preview event on Friday!

and along with live games, we’ll also have the Warhammer Preview Online – don’t miss any of the big reveals.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

A bunch of old Warriors of Chaos models going MTO next week. Notably Archaon and the Mounted Chaos Sorcerer who I don't think has been around in basically forever?

Also a Preview event on Friday!

Oh I am so tempted to get Archaon. I always loved that model and can slap him on a massive base and not have to use the modern model which I like much less. 

Alternatively, he is a good proxy for Eternus.

How does old Archaon size up next to Chaos Lord on Karkadrak and Varanguard? 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Oh my good lawd la, holy moly la. Lad, I can't believe Archaon will be available again. That's the one model, the one model I have always wanted and was so guttered when they discontinued him. For me that's one of the best character sculpts GW have ever done. There is no better horse sculpt at least, at all.

Im really glad the new plastic Lord is a homage to Archaon but imo nothing beats that, oh my god I'm so happy. 

I've also never seen that mounted Sorcerer Lord before! 

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 3

Hooray for the preview, even if it is on at 4AM so will have to catch up rather than watch along! I assume this one won't be a purely 40/30K one too.

I am hoping for an AoS roadmap, with the first 2 book at least named (I assume most will be just given as alignments), would be good to see a preview of the models with the books too, or at least a couple of them if it is a larger release (like NH or Sylvaneth, not as large as StD - that would be too good to be true for first launch of the year).

Also for god sake give me some Titanicus news GW, and plastic, not bloody FW resin please!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

We haven't had a single Death Battletome this edition, so I'd be surprised if one isn't previewed there. But knowing how good my guesses have been this year I'm expecting Gloomspite and Death to be in early 2024...

I wonder if we'll see a Dawnbringer model in full? Although I doubt it.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

We haven't had a single Death Battletome this edition, so I'd be surprised if one isn't previewed there. But knowing how good my guesses have been this year I'm expecting Gloomspite and Death to be in early 2024...

Apart from Nighthaunt you mean! How dare you forget the most spooky of armies!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Im putting down Coins of Mallus on FEC being shown off!! No doubt this is the last Preview of 2022 and theyll want to show big releases for next year.

• Like 2

Not the week I expected to see but hey ho.

I have absolutely no use for that Archaon model, but depending on the price I might get one as it's a pretty cool model. That mounted Sorc Lord is cool as well but I don't recognise it at all, does anyone know when/where it's from originally?

A new preview is very cool and I'm suprised it's coming now and not at New Year. Hopefully we get some proper AoS news and not just the reveal of whatever 40k's omen thing is about.

I'm torn on Archaon. On the one hand, he is an iconic sculpt from my last time playing WFB seriously (2002-2005) and I never got a chance to own him. On the other I have a feeling that when I actually get him in hand, I'll be disappointed by the quality of the detail in comparison with modern plastic kits. I also don't miss putting together metal models at all. I think I'll give him a miss, though I do wish the new Archaon looked more like the old one than a giant weird dragon thing with a tiny dude riding it (I know he's not tiny, but in comparison to Dorghar he is).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mojojojo101 said:

That mounted Sorc Lord is cool as well but I don't recognise it at all, does anyone know when/where it's from originally?

I can't give an exact date, but it was newish back when I last played WFB, so I'd guess somewhere between the very late 90s and 2003 as its release date.

I'm very tempted to get that mounted sorcerer to run as a mounted necromancer for a Death Army and the Archon model might be tempting too at the right price. Just as a straight lord on mount. I think the only downside is that some models - esp the chaos lord on mount, might seem "small" by many modern counterparts so it might be a case of finding a spot to fit them in.