The Rumour Thread

• Subscriber

I think the good thing with goblins is you can lean into either the goofy/funny side with bright clean colours, etc and also the darker side by making them grimy, with more weathering and gore. Most kits can work in both styles well enough. 

Would love some more, the WHU wolf riders are amazing and would love to see a multipart kit for them. I'd also like some more spider riders, even the more mutated side like the shaman from the big spider kit. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Would love some more, the WHU wolf riders are amazing and would love to see a multipart kit for them. I'd also like some more spider riders, even the more mutated side like the shaman from the big spider kit. 

100% agree. Love the Rippas Snarlfangs models, great design.

41 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Evil Sun - Bad Moon dichotomy could be nice. But then you have spiderfang grots to add and may just as well end with another Warclans tome, with three separate & underdeveloped factions. 

I was thinking about splitting the 2 tomes to be honest. Gloomspite Gitz stay the way they are and Gitmob and Grotbag as the Evil Sun worshiping tome. Dont think it is likely it will ever happen but i think it could be a great army with mainly warmachines, vehicles and airships. Could we see a Grom equivalent hit the AoS stage?

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Evil Sun - Bad Moon dichotomy could be nice. But then you have spiderfang grots to add and may just as well end with another Warclans tome, with three separate & underdeveloped factions. 

You could put spiderfang into both books and let them play with either set of allegiance abilities

Would be a bit like tzaangor are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Glad people are still caring about Gitz, havent had a good talk about them for a while now. Cant wait to see what happens. I'm all ok for them keeping their silliness, just want to also be able to put them on the table and feel like they mean business and not just happened to be there for fun (orruks got that covered). If only we had a tome that could actually hurt someone, that would be great. i cant wait to hear some actual rumours about them. 

Has Whitefang been active lately or did i miss something?

I am waiting on the new Tome as well to pick up a Troggherd!!

13 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

I mean...did you read it? Not exactly an indication of them prioritizing balance in 40k based the paucity of those changes.

40ks core ruleset and codex complexity make it a balancing nightmare. There are way too many levers to pull, its hard to identify which is the right one, and they keep throwing bandaid fixes into the game because of it which are easy to re-break if you're not careful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Given the importance of the event, I would have seen an announcement with great fanfare for COS but with the proximity of 40k 10th edition, I fear that the latter will take all the light during this War Fest. We'll see...

They have tend to use Warhammer fest in the past as the event to reveal a new edition launch for their game system too. Last year was HH, the year before that was AoS 3.0

Edited by novakai

Yeah, if Indomitus is anything to go by it’s gonna rock the Internet again and get sales pumping so I imagine that’s gonna be the big focus.

(and hopefully this time they sort out the scalper problem like Dominion did)

Hopefully we get some juicy AoS teasers, high time a new faction entered the scene. I’d like all the Gnarlwood drama to finally reveal what’s hiding in there for one.

Fingers crossed for CoS reboot teaser too but I can wait. Not expecting anything big for them until 2024-2025 and the next edition to have recalibrated Freeguilders of men, aelves and duardin march out and show the true power of civilization. 🌆 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

Given the importance of the event, I would have seen an announcement with great fanfare for COS but with the proximity of 40k 10th edition, I fear that the latter will take all the light during this War Fest. We'll see...

6 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, if Indomitus is anything to go by it’s gonna rock the Internet again and get sales pumping so I imagine that’s gonna be the big focus.

Hopefully we get some juicy AoS teasers, high time a new faction entered the scene. I’d like all the Gnarlwood drama to finally reveal what’s hiding in there for one.

Fingers crossed for CoS reboot teaser too but I can wait. Not expecting anything big for them until 2024-2025 and the next edition to have recalibrated Freeguilders of men, aelves and duardin march out and show the true power of civilization. 🌆 

NEW COS AND DESTRUCTION FACTION REVEAL!! Double Whammy with a new and improved Mortal Human army and a brand new out of left field Destruction Faction!!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

NEW COS AND DESTRUCTION FACTION REVEAL!! Double Whammy with a new and improved Mortal Human army and a brand new out of left field Destruction Faction!!

I'm always buoyed by your enthusiasm! That would make for an amazing reveal show!! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

there is still LVO and Adepticon, it really depends on

A) how much of the Worldeater/ IG/ and Slaves are left to reveal (officially) by that time of LVO

b) the timeline of the Dawnbringer release (seem to be further back then the worldeaters and maybe not be something that happens until 2024)

c) how big are the ark of omen releases are

d) did they plan for more boring battleboxes during this time

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

A) how much of the Worldeater/ IG/ and Slaves are left to reveal (officially) by that time of LVO

b) the timeline of the Dawnbringer release (seem to be further back then the worldeaters and maybe not be something that happens until 2024)

Honestly with STD they're down to like Chaos Warrior banners and a foot hero, it's barely worth a monday preview slot much less a big show. I don't think we have to worry about that one.

I'd expect the next few shows to focus on whatever tomes they've got lined up after STD, hopefully with meatier releases but I wouldn't rule out battleboxes just yet.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, novakai said:

For me, LVO will focus on WE. I think their codex will come out around February/March. So right on time for a full reveal at the end of January (plus the 3rd Kill Team box which will probably see a Khorne's KT).

I always take my example of Battle Sisters but there had been 22 months between their announcement (March 2018) and the release of the army (January 2020, regardless of the army set). If COS take so long to come out, that would mean a release around March 2024. It may stick, but it would be close to a 4th edition of AoS in July... Predicting the future is a very difficult task 🤪

If the pattern is the same as the 7th and 8th 40k, it will lead right up to next summer and the release of the 10th. I would say 4 or 5 books with each time a HQ mini (primarized Azraël is heavily implied for example). But not beyond May or June at max.

Edited by Draznak

51 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I'm hoping we get some news about TOW, as multiple people have pointed out next year is the 40th anniversary of WHFB and it would be absolutely perfect time to reveal a release date/roadmap.

13 minutes ago, novakai said:

Going off of the Death Guard and TK-Sons, we really only have terminators and a couple of heroes left for WE (though they might get a fast-attack option). I think the Ark of Omen release will consist of the Arkifane character and a teaser of Dark Mech armies down the line.

4 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

we really only have terminators and a couple of heroes left for WE (though they might get a fast-attack option). 

According to a very reliable source on Reddit, there will be no terminators specific kit for WE (or fast attack choice by the way).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Holy_Diver said:

Oh ya mean Destrcution Battletome: Drogrukh 🤘🤑🤘

Appreciate the enthusiasm but no please. Keep the pony folks out of destro. I dont think BoC need another slap in the face. 

Also tell me the base size of the bloodpelt hunter, Geedubs,  right nowwww!! 40 or 50 mm!?!?

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Source link please:

He was a Reddit poster who gave 100% correct info for about a year on 40k and then suddenly deleted his account a few weeks ago (despite posting info an hour or two before) .

I can't find the exact message (Reddit is pretty complicated to use in my opinion) but it must still be in the WE rumors thread. He had also said that we should expect a release like Thousand Sons and not Death Guard (among other things).

• Like 1