The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I think we can pretty much bank on whatever this is next year. I wonder if it is all new models or will some of it be upgrade sprues to exsisting models 

Id like to hope not to upgrade sprues. The old Empire models are really showing their age. However if upgrade sprues mean a wider range of models being released then I can get behind that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I'm still in the mid-late Spring camp. Seems like a prime spot with nothing else taking it up (and a lot of army releases in the past were during this timeframe).

I'd hope that slot would be filled with Malerions elves. Then fall for the cities update after 40k 10th. Then the following spring for the chaos dwarves before 4.0. But I'm almost certainly terribly wrong.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The vibe I'm getting is a mash-up of Empire and Bretonnia with a bit of AoS weirdness thrown in. 

Which is funny because a lot of people bemoaned the Empire and Bretonnian models still existing in AoS as 'generic' but these are shaping up to be an even more generic fantasy DnD mashup of the average Human Fantasy Guard.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Pariah7echo said:

I'd hope that slot would be filled with Malerions elves. Then fall for the cities update after 40k 10th. Then the following spring for the chaos dwarves before 4.0. But I'm almost certainly terribly wrong.

Malerion Elves should have as much teasing as Dawnbringer Crusades, if not more, so I doubt they will be released before them.

To be honest I think even Chaos Dwarves will be released before Malerion Elves.

• Like 3

Just now, KarrWolves said:

Malerion Elves should have as much teasing as Dawnbringer Crusades, if not more, so I doubt they will be released before them.

They didn't really tease Lumineth though. And who knows we've still the Christmas rumor engine and new years teaser coming up. Could start showing them off then. Cities feels much more like a sisters where they're rebuilding a faction from the ground up. Malerion and Chaos dwarves are both basically brand new factions.

6 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

I agree Chaos Duardin are showing up more and more in lore and now we have Chaos Duardin adjacent units with the Horns of Hashut.

4 minutes ago, Pariah7echo said:

They didn't really tease Lumineth though. And who knows we've still the Christmas rumor engine and new years teaser coming up. Could start showing them off then. Cities feels much more like a sisters where they're rebuilding a faction from the ground up. Malerion and Chaos dwarves are both basically brand new factions.

I think that COS may be the Christmas Rumour Engine calendar this year!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Which is funny because a lot of people bemoaned the Empire and Bretonnian models still existing in AoS as 'generic' but these are shaping up to be an even more generic fantasy DnD mashup of the average Human Fantasy Guard.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

The core design of those old kits was generic but was also good. Take the that generic goodness and add some AoS weird energy and you have a range I'm very interested in. If there's not much weirdness to the range, I'm less interested. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I can't wait to hear why they use these... hand cannons (?) if they have much more advanced firearms around.

image.png.9b81995cde4b678005216b34c609a172.png

Could be technological regress, but then apparently they also have stuff like cogforts and do regular business with Kharadrons.  

I think they can still have advanced Ironweld sniper rifle and handcannons in the same range. One's for taking out a Chaos Lord via headshot from range by some Engineer or Ironweld Sergeant. The other's for taking out the ogor rapidly coming towards you, a Freeguild Handgunner/Mid-Range Pikecannoneer.

• Like 1

The timeline is interesting for upcoming releases. I think it really depends on when Slaves to Darkness fully release. I know it says winter, but is it pre holidays or post. If they get everything out before the holiday then I could see them dropping something else new early in 23. However, if Slaves trickles out past the new year we might be screwed. Would be nice to get something brand new in the early part of the year then again in the fall/winter 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pariah7echo said:

Malerion's aelves is easier to think it would be the starter faction of 4.0 than a new faction this edition. There is no hint about Malerion is coming to this edition.

• Like 1

So it isn't explicitly said in the article, but it sure seems to imply that Dawnbringers are going to be part of Cities of Sigmar (maybe a replacement faction like SBG for LoN?).  If it is going to be a larger narrative event, maybe it just starts there and goes outward.  But the implication seems to be that it will be part of Cities (maybe a sub faction or portion like Ironjawz and Kruleboyz in one tome?).  

10 minutes ago, Ferban said:

So it isn't explicitly said in the article, but it sure seems to imply that Dawnbringers are going to be part of Cities of Sigmar (maybe a replacement faction like SBG for LoN?).  If it is going to be a larger narrative event, maybe it just starts there and goes outward.  But the implication seems to be that it will be part of Cities (maybe a sub faction or portion like Ironjawz and Kruleboyz in one tome?).  

Or vice-versa and Cities are part of the Dawnbringer Crusades...

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

The timeline is interesting for upcoming releases. I think it really depends on when Slaves to Darkness fully release. I know it says winter, but is it pre holidays or post. If they get everything out before the holiday then I could see them dropping something else new early in 23. However, if Slaves trickles out past the new year we might be screwed. Would be nice to get something brand new in the early part of the year then again in the fall/winter 

The Army box is dropping this side of Christmas with the rest of the range in 2023. An early December release for the Army Box with the rest of the range late January-early Feb.

27 minutes ago, Ferban said:

Think of Dawnbringers as a Sub Faction. Theyre the group of COS that strides out into the Realms.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Which ones don't make sense?  The gun pike might work something like this. 20220917_012322.jpg.94bdd94c57108f7604bfca714e112565.jpg

The gun-pike in the picture has a rest on the underside. Historically those types of Arquebus were used in conjunction with a large shield or "Pavis" that the shooter stood behind. Sometimes there was a second man behind the shield who was responsible for moving the shield and reloading, or had a second arquebusimage.png.2d2f074f362469c3df102c9012013aa2.png

How were pre-matchlock hand cannons and arquebuses used in war (in Europe,  China, etc.)? - Quora

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

35 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Which ones don't make sense?  The gun pike might work something like this. 20220917_012322.jpg.94bdd94c57108f7604bfca714e112565.jpg

I think it's more so that hand-cannons like in your example and the guns they showed in the post would be technologically outdated compared to the current empire kit flintlocks by a few hundred years. It's a sort of bizarre aesthetic disconnect.

My thinking is that maybe they belong to a lesser equipped unit similar to peasant troops or flagellants. That or the Dawnbreaker aesthetic will be more late-medieval and less technologically advanced than the more established free cities that we know of. I will admit though that regardless of the reason it's a bit weird seeing a cannon strapped to a stick when we know that widespread steampunk-esque technologies exist, especially in places like Greywater Fastness.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

The gun-pike in the picture has a rest on the underside. Historically those types of Arquebus were used in conjunction with a large shield or "Pavis" that the shooter stood behind. Sometimes there was a second man behind the shield who was responsible for moving the shield and reloading, or had a second arquebusimage.png.2d2f074f362469c3df102c9012013aa2.png

How were pre-matchlock hand cannons and arquebuses used in war (in Europe,  China, etc.)? - Quora

Excellent catch mate!!

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

*barges through a crowd*

Outta my way! Outta my way! They mentioned Duardin! Geedubs mentioned Duardin as part of Dawnbringers!

You dropped this King *extend a dwarvish crown*.

I'm also excited at the idea of (at last!) having nonhumans in cities that worships Sigmar.

Also...the heavy armoured arms seems to confirm we'll finally have a new full plated cavalry kit(with horses and not Demigryph).

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

OH MY GODDDD!
Ironweld Jezzails!
Ironweld Jezzails!
IRONWELD JEZZAILS!

Also, maybe this could be a special weapon for Handgunners, kinda like how Skitarii Rangers have a long rifle with a longer base.

99120116002_SkitariiRangers02.jpg

• Like 1