The Rumour Thread

15 hours ago, Grim Beasties said:

The mentioning of The Silent People has roused me from my long dormancy, and with it I say...

I unfortunately don't think they will get a model or army for many years, if even that, but they are still really cool and I hope they get something at some point.

Same.  A burrowing, dungeon carving, treasure hoarding insect race is just a neat idea.  A faction rousing from ancient slumber and marching forth from their catacombs to reclaim their stolen treasures and avenge themselves on those who took them also speaks to the Tomb Kings fan in me.  Even if, sadly, as we've gotten more lore on the Silent People its become clear that they won't be a death faction when and if they do appear.

Not sure what they would be instead, though.  They aren't chaos, they build and collect rather than destroy, but they also don't sound like they'd be friends to any of the order factions.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sception said:

Same.  A burrowing, dungeon carving, treasure hoarding insect race is just a neat idea.  A faction rousing from ancient slumber and marching forth from their catacombs to reclaim their stolen treasures and avenge themselves on those who took them also speaks to the Tomb Kings fan in me.  Even if, sadly, as we've gotten more lore on the Silent People its become clear that they won't be a death faction when and if they do appear.

Not sure what they would be instead, though.  They aren't chaos, they build and collect rather than destroy, but they also don't sound like they'd be friends to any of the order factions.

I can see them being friends/allies with Gitz in a similar way Troggoths are to be honest. All cave loving beings who dont like Duardin and Skaven ^^.

Edit: They also had some time to be friend with Kragnos when he was chilling in Beastgrave.

Edited by Gitzdee

36 minutes ago, Sception said:

Did someone mention TOMB KINGS?!?! Wait, we’re just talking about Silent People? Never mind. Why are people acting so surprised that GW is expanding a background race/culture without ever expanding upon it or giving them tabletop models? They did that to every human nation that wasn’t French, German, or Vikings back in Warhammer Fantasy. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Did someone mention TOMB KINGS?!?! Wait, we’re just talking about Silent People? Never mind. Why are people acting so surprised that GW is expanding a background race/culture without ever expanding upon it or giving them tabletop models? They did that to every human nation that wasn’t French, German, or Vikings back in Warhammer Fantasy. 

I would like an army that looks like this.

ArtStation - Insect WarriorInsect Warrior - CDC Challange | Skillmill

Insect Warriors on Behanceinsect warrior | Fantasy character design, Mythical creatures art, Creature  concept art

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Makes me want to paint a small 1k witch hunter force 

Any rumor out there about an actual order of Azyr faction? As in their own separate army under Order? Basically an excuse to make a new Human-centric fantasy army to replace the old Cities of Sigmar line? Lets face it, the Cities are a conglomeration of whatever was left in the old production line after they carved out all the AoS factions. 

I'd love to see an Order of Azyr faction that has lots of human units, mixed with some stormcast-type units. Perhaps knights who were inspired by Stormcast? Or perhaps they're humans from a city where Stormcast can't reincarnate (Nagesh influence, chaos stealing souls, etc, pick your plot wrinkle) and the garrison of stormcast there have taken to training humans to fight alongside them. So you'd get some stormcast officers and small elite units, paired with heavily armored human knights, backed by priests and Inquisitors of Azyr. You could even take the crusade-esque route and have the Order of Azyr spreading into Ghur to help the humans there that are besieged by chaos. 

Anyhow just a few dreams. I'm guessing the human army that I really want will appear for hte new Warhammer Old World setting, kind of like AOS's version of Horus heresy. They'll make the models slightly smaller in scale so they don't mesh well with AoS just to frustrate me :) 

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

ArtStation - Insect WarriorInsect Warrior - CDC Challange | Skillmill

Insect Warriors on Behanceinsect warrior | Fantasy character design, Mythical creatures art, Creature  concept art

I understand wanting to play a certain army not on the tabletop, god knows I want the Tomb Kings to return and for GW to put out an Arabian Faction. Just look at some of the art they created back in the Old World:439c70240242c52d891f51d786bacb0d.jpg.dd699acd633aee65501fb01bd55e37da.jpge886197ce705d164207d1894c20cbbe3.jpg.171506b74408c587feaa7446180c0c9e.jpg600px-Araby.jpg.e03f281c1bb05ca076d1b2ab5d840703.jpg

I'm just saying it's better to temper this feeling of hope, and instead learn how to kit bash like a pro so that you can make the army of your dreams from the current kits.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

Any rumor out there about an actual order of Azyr faction? As in their own separate army under Order? Basically an excuse to make a new Human-centric fantasy army to replace the old Cities of Sigmar line? Lets face it, the Cities are a conglomeration of whatever was left in the old production line after they carved out all the AoS factions. 

I'd love to see an Order of Azyr faction that has lots of human units, mixed with some stormcast-type units. Perhaps knights who were inspired by Stormcast? Or perhaps they're humans from a city where Stormcast can't reincarnate (Nagesh influence, chaos stealing souls, etc, pick your plot wrinkle) and the garrison of stormcast there have taken to training humans to fight alongside them. So you'd get some stormcast officers and small elite units, paired with heavily armored human knights, backed by priests and Inquisitors of Azyr. You could even take the crusade-esque route and have the Order of Azyr spreading into Ghur to help the humans there that are besieged by chaos. 

Anyhow just a few dreams. I'm guessing the human army that I really want will appear for hte new Warhammer Old World setting, kind of like AOS's version of Horus heresy. They'll make the models slightly smaller in scale so they don't mesh well with AoS just to frustrate me :) 

Um, isn't it already pretty comfirmed that the new Cities of Sigmar will be more human-centred and probably focus on the Dawnbringer Crusades? It's not called Order of Azyr but they should turn out basically as you've described them.

• Like 2

There is 100% tons more designs they could do with Spiderfang that don't use Native American headdresses. It would be great to see the riders using actual spider parts for their armor... silk for example was pretty big in historical armors, and these goblins have giant effing spiders with silk that should be as good as steel! Adornments could even be random bits from other factions that got eaten by the spiders.

Do spider molts harden? Could also utilize those for creepiness + efficiency factor.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

You can pretty much do that army already with cities of sigmar list now. 

There is so much that can be done with the cities list, but it really is one of, if not them most, and versatile lists.  

A few ideas off the top of my head:

A Cites of Nagash army set in the realm of the dead with deathmages and soldiers who worship Nagash first and Sigmar second. Free guild with death masks and regiments covered in skulls and hourglasses. 

A city that has fallen to a chaos cult of tzeench. Characters with hidden mutations like a tail poking out of robes, feather fetishes and every character is a wizard. 

A witch hunter force with no wizards, hunting dogs using the gryph hound rules, a steam tank modeled as a mobile witch burning platform. 

And that's just the human side. 

4 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Wow, that remind me about the Dung Beetle Knight from KDM. I still have nightmares fighting him. My poor survivors being destroyed but that ball... thaf f%&ing BALL!!

Spoiler

AnyConv.com__Dung_BKnight.jpg.a2a41dc39826c7ae6cd455d0da39a88a.jpg

03.jpg.804c9eb2c8986aef10eb2f29996771d1.jpg

Note: That's the Ancient Dung Beetle Knight, but I can't wait to fight him!!!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jetlife said:

Order of Azyr could be a sub faction of Dawnbringers easily. The question is, are Dawnbringers purely humans or will they mix other races in. 

Also, Dawnbringers vs Oathbreakers has a nice ring to it…. Just saying. 😉

Dawnbringer Crusade is more like a pan-order war effort rather than a single faction, lorewise, I mean.

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2