The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

I think with this edition of Warcry we're going to see a warband for each of the big four. Some of the rumour engine pieces look like the Slaanesh cultists from previous art, and there is that khornate looking piece someone else pointed out a few posts ago.

Tzeentch will probably be in there too, and I'm wondering if that one might end up being a more heavily armoured unit that ties in somewhat with the new curseling.

I agree that we’re most likely getting individual cultist units for each of the big four, what I’m curious about is if they’re the new Underworlds warband: a hint of things to come. 

On 7/1/2022 at 1:54 PM, Neverchosen said:

For me it will be based on price, I want to go Dark Mech but HH is such a good deal and pretty much gives me a 2000 point CSM army that I can use in HH and 40k and I will be able to pick up a few more purchases for my Slaves to Darkness army for proxy purposes such as Ogroids... 😎

p.s. I added a the kind of base text of my army to your narrative campaign thread as per your request a little while back!

I think that they have shown that Warcry is expanding beyond just Chaos but I also assume it was probably a decision  that was made with an eye towards transition. I assume that there was some debate about keeping it purely a chaos focused game and narrative but they realized how successful Kill Team was and how many people played Warcry beyond Chaos armies and decided to move in that direction. Still I think the future of Warcry is bright just going off of it's science fiction counterpart. 😁

I saw your post on the thread, also thanks for reminding me that I need to update it soon, and I loved what you wrote. In regards to your Darkmech or HH problem, pick the one that you have more of an attachment to, and then add the other as an extremely small allied detachment that you can grow later.

Like @KingBrodd and others I’m excited to see what Ghurish delights are coming our way. While I don’t think we’ll see any destruction warbands soon, I think we’re gonna be spoiled this time around. We know that Chaos Dwarfs and God-aligned cults have been mentioned/introduced, so I think that this edition will be even more influential on the chaos narrative and aesthetic.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Shame the best Warlord sculpt isn't on there.

gw-99800206001-0.jpg

An epic sculpt.

6 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I saw your post on the thread, also thanks for reminding me that I need to update it soon, and I loved what you wrote. In regards to your Darkmech or HH problem, pick the one that you have more of an attachment to, and then add the other as an extremely small allied detachment that you can grow later.

Like @KingBrodd and others I’m excited to see what Ghurish delights are coming our way. While I don’t think we’ll see any destruction warbands soon, I think we’re gonna be spoiled this time around. We know that Chaos Dwarfs and God-aligned cults have been mentioned/introduced, so I think that this edition will be even more influential on the chaos narrative and aesthetic.

So long ad we get at least 1 or 2 Destruction Warbands Ill be happy. As little Chaos Warbands as possible please!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I thought the new paints weren't out until the 16th July? 

Very tempted to get a couple if the Skaven made to orders. 

They're not, but they usually have a 'filler week' between these two week pre-orders and is more often than not MTO stuff and books.

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They're not, but they usually have a 'filler week' between these two week pre-orders and is more often than not MTO stuff and books.

I know that, the reason I asked the article says they are available next week. 

1 minute ago, xking said:

Do people actually want this?

The classic Skaven? 

Yes! 

Was only talking to a friend about the plauge priest on the giant rat the other day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

";)"

...or at least that's what it always feels like, especially for AOS

Definately has felt that way since the Pandemic started. I really hope Black Library starts to pick up because it feels as though AOS has slowed right down.

14 hours ago, xking said:

Do people actually want this?

Absolutely! I'm eyeing up Nurglitch, Queek, Thanqol and the Vermin Lord. When I got into WFB it came down to Skaven and High Elves. If Eltharion wasn't mounted on a sweet griffin I'd be a devote to the Great Horned Rat.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gotz said:

Imagen

uhm... giant bones and bamboo scenography for warcry?

interesting, maybe the terrain will be more of an asian style.
In my mind 'swamp' was more referred to something like 'Dungeon & Lasers: Encounters - swamps of doom' thing. 
Hoping for good mix of plants/trees and buildings/ruins + cool printed board.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beliman said:

My least favourite and least dwarfy of the new Kin and Necrosquats so far.

Interesting that there are no Ironkin versions in the article's pictures, hopefully there will be the option as I love the lore of a faction with (ab)humans and robots/AI as equals.

EDIT: Just had a second look and they are growing on me already.

Can't wait to see the Berserkers mentioned in the rules leak. 

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 2