The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, novakai said:

I am still of the mind that one of the destruction tome is Sons (given some of the rumors, the rumor engine curfuffle a few month back with the existing bits, and they and Ogors got no changes in the Battlescroll) 

I assume that they only release one battleboxes of per quarter and the next two are just singular like Nurgle.

Yes, the battlescroll update is interesting and the new GHB doesn’t help sons. Either way I think all 3 are around the corner. 

Rumor images are always weird. Sometimes they post them and they are revealed for a year. Sometimes there’s giant releases and there isn’t any rumor pics. 

The one giveaway to me that Sons is out there is they accidentally reposted the old Gargant sprue rumor pic once… 

the million dollar question is when? Considering they all could be individual releases outside of the battlebox they could technically switch up the release order to whatever they want. 

1 hour ago, madmac said:

I can't actually remember a single time that's happened in the last few years, to be honest with you. Everyone says this everytime and then the book comes out and the warscrolls are exactly the same. And why wouldn't they be? We're talking about a months gap in release time between the boxset and the books most of the time, if not simultaneous release.

It literally just happened to Nighthaunt. 

Craventhrone Guard, Spirit Torment, and Scriptor Mortis all changed slightly. 

Also related, people were really down on Bladegheists. Then boom, they get a subfaction where they do impact hits. 

• Like 1

From Nezzhil in May and so far spott on bodes well for Lumineth changes

Sylvaneth Battletome

The Wyldwoods will act like spell portals

GHB / Battlescroll
Dragon hero phase move goes away
Thunder lizards scaly skin also goes awayLivll
Living City Strike then Melt Away must finish the movement outside 9" of any enemy

Lumineth Battletome
Sentinels 24" reach, need LOS and lambent is changed though I dont know how
Wind Spirits no longer move in opponents phase
Stonemage can let the Stoneguard do MWs on 5s and 6s

• Like 3

Anyone else catch that Shining Company looks to be different? It's moved to the Bladelords warscroll and reads like you can break and remake it.

"Subtract 1 from hit rolls for attacks that target this unit if the base of each model in this unit is touching the base of 2 or more other models in the same unit."

Also doesn't mention any restrictions around runs, charges, or pile-ins.

Edited by relic456

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I am tempted to take her off your hands even though I don't have any other lumineth... 

I meant I'd be buying her off of ebay instead of getting the box, sorry for not being clear. She's the only thing I want!

18 minutes ago, relic456 said:

Anyone else catch that Shining Company looks to be different? It's moved to the Bladelords warscroll and reads like you can break and remake it.

"Subtract 1 from hit rolls for attacks that target this unit if the base of each model in this unit is touching the base of 2 or more other models in the same unit."

Interesting if true. Certainly LRL could only benefit from being encouraged to actually take the fight to the opponent instead of standing in place for a change, just gotta keep those formations tight. Hit penalties don't stack anymore either, so it's not really at risk of turning into some wombocombo anyway.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I mean for LRL specifically their combat battleline could already fight in three ranks with their long spears 

I was thinking more a hypothetical subfaction that makes Bladelords battleline!

If it can happen to Bladegheists then it can happen to anyone lol

Edit: oh wait, I forgot they can already be battleline for each Scinari hero you take!

Edited by relic456

2 hours ago, relic456 said:

You can re-form Shining Companies now too. All in all those Shining Companie changes are a welcome small buff, but not game changing for Bladelords still being too weak.

3 hours ago, dmorley21 said:

It literally just happened to Nighthaunt. 

Craventhrone Guard, Spirit Torment, and Scriptor Mortis all changed slightly. 

Also related, people were really down on Bladegheists. Then boom, they get a subfaction where they do impact hits. 

Also happened with Sylvaneths: the ability of the Kurnoth Hunters w/ bows from the box is completely different in the Battletome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jarminiatures said:

You can re-form Shining Companies now too. All in all those Shining Companie changes are a welcome small buff, but not game changing for Bladelords still being too weak.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the new infantry options may be a buff since they want to charge into hordes??? Or maybe the new caster is the missing piece for them?

LRL has a lot of meh units and a few strong ones that are really unfun ones to play against. Will be interesting to see what GW does for them all!

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Wow this is a beautiful box with two amazing armies... I must resist the call of the lumineth... I have too much on my plate and if I were to fall for annother Warhammer army it will be for their shadowy rivals but each new hero just begs for a Hylian paint scheme!

I feel the pain, but that Tzeentch side of the box is almost worth the hassle.

• LOVE IT! 1

Rumor Engine could be something for FEC? I'm sure I remember reading rumours about them getting a decent release next year (?) and the the clawed look of the hand would fit them + the scale vs the skull would fit with a a roughly Vargheist sized unit or character I think.

• Like 2

On the topic of the Destruction tomes that are coming, if the 2 fall ones are Gitz and Ogors then they would seem to give more credibility to the idea of the Sons book coming with a full new kit rather than just an upgrade sprue, possibly over the winter period. This is assuming that the Fall tomes all only getting a single hero release is true of course, since a new mega gargant kit feels like the sort of thing they would want to make a big deal out of rather than it being relegated to the same level of importance as a small single hero release for other factions.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

On the topic of the Destruction tomes that are coming, if the 2 fall ones are Gitz and Ogors then they would seem to give more credibility to the idea of the Sons book coming with a full new kit rather than just an upgrade sprue, possibly over the winter period. This is assuming that the Fall tomes all only getting a single hero release is true of course, since a new mega gargant kit feels like the sort of thing they would want to make a big deal out of rather than it being relegated to the same level of importance as a small single hero release for other factions.

This is why Im on the fence as well. A new Mega Gargant upgrade sprue or kit is a massive deal for the Faction, its literally the equivalent of a new wave as its increasing the model count by 20%.

• Like 1