The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Ragest said:

There is a theory about that every book that got a hero box on broken realms (So Stormcast, "Kruleboyz", CoS, Seraphon, Nh, Sylvaneth, Slaves and Slaneesh) are the ones getting more than one kit in third edition.

It looks like some tinfoil stuff, the interesting part is that the theory started before Nh, Dawnbringer or Sylvaneth were released or S2D leaked.

So far the rumour holds true and I hope it is!! New Seraphon would be epic!!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

So far the rumour holds true and I hope it is!! New Seraphon would be epic!!

Actually, I don't think it does.

IDK had one of those boxes and all they got was a foot hero (which seems to almost be the expected minimum this edition).
I'm not sure what is meant that "kruelboyz" got a broken realms box... since they didn't and even Kragnos wasn't a broken realms "box".
Also Nurgle had a box and only got a hero.

If it were true that would mean that Tzeentch, KO and FEC were ALL up for lots of models too.

EDIT: I think we can take it as a given that Seraphon, Tzeentch, KO, FEC, Slaanesh and Seraphon are not ALL going to get new stuff beyond 1 hero model in this edition.... I'd love to be wrong, but that seems like asking a lot.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah and OBR, Skaven and Beastmen all had Broken realms boxes.   There were 16 broken realms boxes and only 2 of those were for a repeat faction which was CoS.

Edited by willange
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, willange said:

IDK had one of those boxes and all they got was a foot hero (which seems to almost be the expected minimum this edition).
I'm not sure what is meant that "kruelboyz" got a broken realms box... since they didn't and even Kragnos wasn't a broken realms "box".

If it were true that would mean that Tzeentch, KO and FEC were ALL up for lots of models too.

EDIT: I think we can take it as a given that Seraphon, Tzeentch, KO, FEC, Slaanesh and Seraphon are not ALL going to get new stuff beyond 1 hero model in this edition.... I'd love to be wrong, but that seems like asking a lot.

No we are not talking about the BR discount boxes but the theory is base on which armies got new heroes and models in BR ( at least in Be’lekor and Kragnos) 

so far this hold true, since NH got the Crulegheist and Sylvaneath got the Warsong Revenant and they both got a decent release. Gardus and Kragnos where somewhat related to the SCE and Kruleboyz release. Slaves who got Be’lekor and cities (dawnbringer( got the witch Hunter are slated to get a big release comming up. The only two left would be Kroak and the slannesh twins (the twins are a bit weird since they came out right after the 2nd wave of Hedonites but where not in the book so that maybe an exception)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, willange said:

EDIT 2: Oh yeah and OBR, Skaven and Beastmen all had Broken realms boxes.   There were 16 broken realms boxes and only 2 of those were for a repeat faction which was CoS.

IDK and firesayers were robbed.

• Like 2

Personal theory is that GW know small factions like IDK and Fyreslayers need some kind of expansion. Just we've only reached the point that there is now more of a focus on expanding existing factions rather than making new ones.

I wouldn't be surprised to see kits similar to Treesong Rev, Kroak or Belakor for one or both towards the back end of 3rd. Followed by larger releases of 2/3 new kits in 4th.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Personal theory is that GW know small factions like IDK and Fyreslayers need some kind of expansion. Just we've only reached the point that there is now more of a focus on expanding existing factions rather than making new ones.

I wouldn't be surprised to see kits similar to Treesong Rev, Kroak or Belakor for one or both towards the back end of 3rd. Followed by larger releases of 2/3 new kits in 4th.

Id be all about this.

• Like 2

From a business model and hobby model, I agree that expanding factions helps sell. The thing we have to remember is product stock. GW can’t bring in new stuff without their current stock being sold. 

For AOS when they drop a new army that usually becomes the hot ticket item and they sell pretty well. But then this can put a hold on previous stock. The long amount of time between new armies means that people get bored and then turn to an exsisting faction to start a “new army” Using these battle boxes and 3-4 unit expansions is the best of both worlds. 

Using Sylvaneth as an example, they are one of the original AOS armies. Over the last 7 years they have had 2 books, and maybe 3 new heros. GW is still sitting on old Sylvaneth product stock. Now they drop new units which get people who already play Sylvaneth excited and so they will buy the new product, but now people see new stuff and are more inclined to buy the new kits and go back and start a Sylvaneth army. 

Same with Slannesh drop, and now the S2D one coming . I’ve already seen on social media people posting about starting S2D already to just be ready for new stuff. 

I do think this edition we will see focus on making older armies popular again by giving few new kits. Seraphon seems like a no brainer. Salamander kit, kroxigor, and a regular slann will stir up enough interest for people to hop on that train. 

The two armies that I’m not so sure about is Skaven and Beastmen. I’m not sure what they want to do with them. I think both of those armies would require more than a few kits. So those could be more along the lines of what they did with Soulblight. Which will probably be far out. GW still cares about them because they do continue to find their way into the lore, so I do believe at some point they will be redone. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Two Necromunda news saying "very soon"... Could Necromunda be released before AoS?

I think so. HH and Necromunda, then Skaven and Sylvaneth. Folowed by 40K Chaos and IG then back to AOS in August.

When was the 3 week window teased again?

22 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

The two armies that I’m not so sure about is Skaven and Beastmen. I’m not sure what they want to do with them. I think both of those armies would require more than a few kits. So those could be more along the lines of what they did with Soulblight. Which will probably be far out. GW still cares about them because they do continue to find their way into the lore, so I do believe at some point they will be redone. 

Beastmen could be done in a similar fashion to Soulblight, as a large range refresh near the end of the edition that 'caps off' the current narrative theme for the edition (I.e. Death led to vampires / Beasts leads to, well Beasts). Skaven are obviously likely to be further off because of the upcoming tome.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I think so. HH and Necromunda, then Skaven and Sylvaneth. Folowed by 40K Chaos and IG then back to AOS in August.

When was the 3 week window teased again?

June-July is the AoS timeframe, we should not expect anything before October after that date .

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

June-July is the AoS timeframe, we should not expect anything before October after that date .

Interesting. Must be sometime in July then? Or could it literally be once HH and Necromunda drops we get the 3 weeks then straight back to 40K till October.

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Interesting. Must be sometime in July then? Or could it literally be once HH and Necromunda drops we get the 3 weeks then straight back to 40K till October.

Necromunda, Warcry, HH, CSM, GHB, Chapter Approved, the holidays... We have a lot of material for the next two months and a half.

Edited by Nezzhil

17 hours ago, Keleath said:

This is not the battalion box. It's the new models (Gardus, Kragnos, Krulghast Cruciator, Warsong Revenant, Be'lakor, the van Denst, Kroak and Dexcessa/Synessa).

0517D59E-3C24-45DF-99EC-287D5497D24F.jpeg

Ah okay.  This makes way more sense... good spot!

I wonder what they would actually add to Slaanesh at this point?  They seems pretty darn complete at thing stage models wise and probably just need rules updates.  I wonder if the Dexcessa/Synessa weren't the capstone to their update, rather than a harbinger of changes to come?

10 minutes ago, willange said:

Ah okay.  This makes way more sense... good spot!

I wonder what they would actually add to Slaanesh at this point?  They seems pretty darn complete at thing stage models wise and probably just need rules updates.  I wonder if the Dexcessa/Synessa weren't the capstone to their update, rather than a harbinger of changes to come?

The main thing that springs to mind model-wise would be some sort of mounted cavalry hero, for ostensibly being the speed-freaks faction they don't have a lot of very speedy heroes.  Possibly some sort of weak, cheap, chaff cultists wouldn't hurt either (a role a warcry warband could potentially fill...)  But really it's the rules letting them down right now, though I don't necessarily think they were planning towards Hedonites 3.0 with the Dex/Syn release (Though now that I think about it the twins do represent a new narrative thread for Slaanesh which a new battletome might explore, so maybe.)

• Like 2