The Rumour Thread

On 5/16/2022 at 1:08 AM, KingBrodd said:

Oh sweet @Whitefang, thank you for tempering my expectations as now I have almost no interest in this box besides terrain. Please enlighten me with a Like react if we are to at least get more Warbands from Warcry other than Chaos once this box is released? Pretty please.

If true that is madness!! It will be awesome to see release start thundering out of the gates.

Makes me think this is whh we are getting so many Tomes with just 1 model, flush all those releases out quick and fast and save the bigger ones for when there is more breathing room.

I'm sure that the new Maneaters kit is a reality. Only one resin model left. @Whitefang is not going to change my mind. 

On 5/15/2022 at 9:27 PM, Ogregut said:

Take with salt but was told there is a 3 week period this year marked out at GW for a major release other than HH and that stuff that has been delayed will start coming thick and fast. 

Was given an example of how much was effected by the pandemic: echos of doom was meant to be out 12-18 months ago. 

It is very easy to check. We only need to check the copyright date in the Lady of Vines sprue.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

I don't suppose if anybody has heard if there will be a seperate release for the Krondspire Incarnate of Ghur? 

I'm in two minds about picking it up off ebay, but I wasn't sure if it will be released on it's own down the line?

Yeah! GW siad that they will box the Incarnate individually later, but we don't know when. And looking at other similar boxed products, it can be a lot of time to be separated sadly :(

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Maogrim said:

The realm of the Everqueen has no mammals; the realm of the Everqueen needs no mammals. 

I like the Sylvaneth design space settled between Aelven spirits, trees and insects. Kurnothi just don't really fit in. And let them feel and know that. Let the Kurnothi build up disappointment and frustration... and eventually turn to Kragnos and the forces of Destruction! 

I agree with you in theory, but in practice the Sylvaneth already incorporate the few Kurnoth unites available including the tree themed Kurnoth Hunters. Plus I am always in favour of subfactions being introduced to provide more players with more options. I still feel like having Kurnothi forces in Warcry, underworlds and Quest seems like a happy medium they can become like cultists are to Slaves to Darkness primarily focused on side games but playable in AOS.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I agree with you in theory, but in practice the Sylvaneth already incorporate the few Kurnoth unites available including the tree themed Kurnoth Hunters. Plus I am always in favour of subfactions being introduced to provide more players with more options. I still feel like having Kurnothi forces in Warcry, underworlds and Quest seems like a happy medium they can become like cultists are to Slaves to Darkness primarily focused on side games but playable in AOS.

I agree, different flavours can easily fit in one tome. Gloomspite Gitz tome got gitz, troggoths, spiders and squigs. Trees, aelves, spites/ insects can easily go together imho. I'll return to patiently waiting for my kurnothi archer unit XD.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Don't mind me just been reading into things way too much trying to gleam any information for Seraphon from the new Warcry teaser. So in the trailer we have the "comets" falling from the sky as well as trailer saying folks are there to "uncover ancient secrets" all are in theme for Seraphon. The Gnarlwood is however super close to one of the Ogor mawtribes area. 

It would be beyond amazing if warcry had warbands for some of the factions that have been waiting on new models for awhile. 

Absolutely mate. Mawtribes only have 2 named characters in Lore and neither has a model. The Great Gutfort is right near the Gnarlwood, perhaps Globb Glittermaw sent out a Warband of Maneaters to secure whatever fell from the sky.

9 hours ago, Jetlife said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this 3 week long AOS release rumor was them dropping new edition of Warcry with several warbands for different armies over the three weeks. You have to assume they are sitting on a ton of them and unlike the other products where they don’t want to rush releases in order for buyers to buy up one thing before another, a bunch of little boxes could fly off the shelves if they dropped a bunch im a short time.

If we have a Warcry War Month that would be so ****** insanely awesome!!

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I'm sure that the new Maneaters kit is a reality. Only one resin model left. @Whitefang is not going to change my mind. 

It is very easy to check. We only need to check the copyright date in the Lady of Vines sprue.

I am beyond hyped for Maneaters!!

On 5/16/2022 at 5:58 PM, Fellman said:

I‘ve already seen people complain about her warscroll, maybe we can preemptively call her „lady of whines“. I‘ve also got some unrelated material to contribute! 😎👍🏻 

• Haha 8

19 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I‘ve already seen people complain about her warscroll, maybe we can preemptively call her „lady of whines“. I‘ve also got some unrelated material to contribute! 😎👍🏻 

Well at least the sylv. Have gotten a review.

I’m still waiting for that deathmaster (which at this point we already know how it works but still)

33 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Pfffff... We don't have allegiance abilities, we don't know the new synergies, we have new stuff, a new character that seems really interesting with usefull spell and abilities, quite good stats BUT it's not perfect (10 wounds, no nativ ward) so... COMPLAINING

Sorry, just a bit annoyed by people that are ALWAYS complaining ^^

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Iksdee said:

Kharadron?

RumourEngine270 May17 Content

Funny how the second robotic arm is grabbing a hose that is also attached near where said arm is! gotta be Admech or Necromunda. Seems like a very Imperium thing to do.

I'm now realizing the hands are... facing each other? And at this angle the hose looks chest-attached, not on a backpack. The arms look too close together, like they're on one side of the body instead of opposite.

The longer I look the stranger this picture is 👀

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well at least the sylv. Have gotten a review.

I’m still waiting for that deathmaster (which at this point we already know how it works but still)

Don‘t remind me - I hate that Skaven get literally nothing outside of a single mini. I was pleasantly surprised by the cool Slyvaneth stuff but frankly, I can‘t think of many armies that deserve a bigger update like right now… oh well, I‘d only repeat myself at this point but I seriously don‘t get it why some of the most important and iconic(that might actually be a reason) things get treated like trash. Let‘s try to see it in a positive light: at least Cities are being worked on right now and I guess Skaven will drop at the latest with the Old Word… until then, you have my sympathy.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

Having spent the last few years charging my spite revenants into sentinels, snakes, megas, fulminators, and unpainted 2+/5++ dragons, and enjoying a faction win rate hovering around 30%, I am fully prepared to water my trees with everyone's tears.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

53 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

Having spent the last few years charging my spite revenants into sentinels, snakes, megas, fulminators, and unpainted 2+/5++ dragons, and enjoying a faction win rate hovering around 30%, I am fully prepared to water my trees with everyone's tears.

I'm with you.

Even more, I hope Skaven, Khorne, Gitz and Sylvaneth end being the new seraphon.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ragest said:

I think a refresh for skaven is just too much production for this 40k-centric year, but I'm sure it will come

I don’t know.

At this point I’m guessing that most people weren’t awaiting much from the skaven.

but hopes were high that clan eshin would be getting a full revamp (a hero+ a new box of night/gutter runners.

2 hours ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

I just need to know Ogors are getting a new book...they're in such a rough spot.

Unfortunately according to our Rumour Overlord we wont be getting much in the way of models this AOS Edition, probably an updated Butcher kit but in Warcry we may be getting Maneaters!!

In regards to Tomes it seems as though of the 2 Destruction coming this year 1 is Sons of Behemat. With Warclans already released its 50/50 wether its Gloomspite or Mawtribes!!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Unfortunately according to our Rumour Overlord we wont be getting much in the way of models this AOS Edition, probably an updated Butcher kit but in Warcry we may be getting Maneaters!!

In regards to Tomes it seems as though of the 2 Destruction coming this year 1 is Sons of Behemat. With Warclans already released its 50/50 wether its Gloomspite or Mawtribes!!

Yknow I was so happy when I saw two destruction tomes because SoB is in such a solid place that I was sure Gitz and Ogors were getting the upgrades they need. This makes me really sad.