The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Hawke said:

There are some open/matched/ptg rules too as per, and some battalions, but what I posted was the only general rule update.

Please share the battalions. Are there any battle tactics etc? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, maitremage said:

I'm hoping for the water temple with a leader/mage, a unit and a Spirit.

That would be awesome. The Spirit for all we know is the Pachyderm.

13 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Frankly also a bleak visual of the FS range being just a homogenous mass of identical naked dwarves.

Also a third Lumineth book in 2 years is so utterly stupid that it goes from being a bad joke back to being quite funny in its ridiculousness. “New Lumineth books will continue to be released until morale improves”.

Lumineth will have had 3 books since their release in 2020 and Gloosmpite and Mawtribes havent had one since 2019. Its crazy.

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Lumineth Book after Skaven and Sylvaneth

Can you give a source? Also Whitefang liked this, so... Oh my god, it can't be true, right? All the salt that TGA will produce will bathe this forum in glorious, crystaline white..

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

8 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Can you give a source? Also Whitefang liked this, so... Oh my god, it can't be true, right? All the salt that TGA will produce will bathe this forum in glorious, crystaline white..

4 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Let the salt begins

Happy for guys!! Ill never turn my nose up at new minis for AOS and I am so keen to see if these Pachyderms come to fruition!! 

Am I jealous? No Im just surprised we will have another Lumineth Tome before KO or Seraphon!!

Hopefully the Pachyderm is a true monster, Ogors love to ride monsters...

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, maitremage said:

Especially if their is a bit more than one new mini (3 boxes for a temple for example) XD

And I'm sure it will be xD

@KingBroddi just want a fair book for me, lrl

player (more internal balance, i want to play more than 2 warscrolls) and for all of you, my rivals (no more bs such mw spam with any counterplay)

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

That would be awesome. The Spirit for all we know is the Pachyderm.

Lumineth will have had 3 books since their release in 2020 and Gloosmpite and Mawtribes havent had one since 2019. Its crazy.

It’s really incredible. Space marines have on several occasions received more than one codex in a single edition but they’ve topped out at ‘only’ two books in two years. To out-marine the marines when it comes to getting all the attention is no mean feat.

Imagine being a skaven player and seeing that after getting a single mini while 20+ year old sculpts are still for sale. Or hell, a Lumineth player who didn’t get in any games with their first book due to covid and plausibly barely got in a handful with their second book.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, EntMan said:

So, if Echoes of Doom is incoming, how much longer do people think the Start Collecting Sylvaneth will be available? (based on the timings of the withdrawl of SC Fyreslayers, Deepkin and Daughters of Khaine?)

Need to plan my hobby purchasing so I don't miss out on a cost efficient Treelord Ancient, it wasn't next on my list but might need bumping up...

Even if you don't buy the SC, I'm pretty sure the SC Sylvaneth box is included in the contents of the Stormbringer magazine so you can grab it then? No guarantee it would be consecutive issues mind you

9 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

It’s really incredible. Space marines have on several occasions received more than one codex in a single edition but they’ve topped out at ‘only’ two books in two years. To out-marine the marines when it comes to getting all the attention is no mean feat.

I'd consider that a joke not a feat :P.
I've always said elves were becoming the Space marines of the game but now they even outgunned the astartes.
But tbh if i was a Lumineth player having to buy a book for the third time in such a small timeframe i'd also be a little salty(and  i don't even think they are wrong in wanting new units as players, i just think GW's practices are bad for some armies).
I just hope at least one of the 2 destruction tomes will get something more than the bad single hero unit and that the white dwarf updated armies will get some new units in the future.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, AngryPanda said:

Hedonites updates are up from this month’s White Dwarf; what do you guys think? 

A6ACF1D1-C771-48FB-B386-D2525CD45502.jpeg

Power 1 and 2 is pretty great as you spend the points in the end of the moment fase to summon and thay hapen in the hero and the moment fase

4 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Power 1 and 2 is pretty great as you spend the points in the end of the moment fase to summon and thay hapen in the hero and the moment fase

It’s going to make Blissbarb Archers a bit easier to keep on the table earlier on (assuming they’re not wiped out immediately); the second ability is going to help calvary units quite a bit. 

I have a Glutos-centered list with a unit of 10 Painbringers at center. The +5 Ward save, on top of having a -1 to hit against them from Glutos, and a +1 to save rolls is going to make them almost unkillable without some sort of very dedicated high rend and damage attacks. 

That Fyreslayer box reminds me of how mismanaged the line has been since inception (I say that as someone who loves the aesthetic and theme of the army mostly).  

Fyreslayers always should of been a small army of elite monster slayers instead of a horde army.  

Off topic but I noticed Gotrek is now listed in the Fyreslayer section of the game-workshop store, has that always been the case?  Don't visit that section much since my army has been complete for a couple years now. 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I'd consider that a joke not a feat :P.
I've always said elves were becoming the Space marines of the game but now they even outgunned the astartes.
But tbh if i was a Lumineth player having to buy a book for the third time in such a small timeframe i'd also be a little salty(and  i don't even think they are wrong in wanting new units as players, i just think GW's practices are bad for some armies).
I just hope at least one of the 2 destruction tomes will get something more than the bad single hero unit and that the white dwarf updated armies will get some new units in the future.

Yeah Im sure there are quite a few if not more Lumineth players angry that 2 books will be outdated in the same amount of years, GW books are not cheap and I feel for those on a budget who will have spent over £80 just on Tomes.

I also agree that Destruction, should, needs and deserves a good update with these Tomes.

1. Its Era of the Beast and Destruction is on the rise.

B. Sons of Behemat are more than likely not getting a new mini which means if they are single model releases than 3/4 of an entire Faction was mostly overlooked.

D. Ogors deserve a range refresh. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Yeah Im sure there are quite a few if not more Lumineth players angry that 2 books will be outdated in the same amount of years,

Honestly, this Lumineth player is just hopeful that a new book will be easier to play and will fix our units so that the army is actually fun to fight against. With the sheer number of rules that I currently need to remember now that we're in 3.0, my Lumineth have been nothing more than a fun paining project thus far. I'd like to play them at some point.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 7

If the GHB reduce the points cost in meaningful ways then the Hedonite ability 'revel in pain' will make sense but on the other hand Hedonite players have been hoping for meaningful changes for awhile now. I guess we'll keep revelling in our pain for a little while longer. 😆

46 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Yeah Im sure there are quite a few if not more Lumineth players angry that 2 books will be outdated in the same amount of years, GW books are not cheap and I feel for those on a budget who will have spent over £80 just on Tomes.

I also agree that Destruction, should, needs and deserves a good update with these Tomes.

1. Its Era of the Beast and Destruction is on the rise.

B. Sons of Behemat are more than likely not getting a new mini which means if they are single model releases than 3/4 of an entire Faction was mostly overlooked.

D. Ogors deserve a range refresh. 

The rumour engine and Whitefang's likes suggest Sons of Behemat almost definitely are getting a new mini. I have a feeling one of this autumn's tomes could be them. I think Ogor players might have to wait. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The rumour engine and Whitefang's likes suggest Sons of Behemat almost definitely are getting a new mini. I have a feeling one of this autumn's tomes could be them. I think Ogor players might have to wait. 

Think the same.

@Nezzhiland me have been discussing a lot about that and we see lumineth standalone, gitz vs tzeentch and sob standalone as the most probable releases.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chikout said:

If Sons of Behemat do get a new kit this Edition I am going to gargantually freak out!!

6 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Ogors could receive the new Maneaters as one of the new Warcry Warbands so it is possible that Gitz are the next BT with SoB.

If I can get a box set of new plastic Maneaters and a new Mega Gargant all in one year...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Gotrek is now listed in the Fyreslayer section of the game-workshop store, has that always been the case?

That's been the case since the FS battlebox. I was really hoping that it meant they'd finally be doing something with Gotrek and Fyreslayers, since Gotrek basically is one now.

Maybe next edition we'll finally get Grimnir's (and Vulcatrix's?) return, the runedaughter of the Vostarg lodge taking her rightful place as runemother, Gotrek taking on his role as avatar of Grimnir or ANYTHING that gives us more models. We're in desperate need of them.

• Like 2