The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Okay, who used the monkey's paw to wish for new Eshin, only to get sneaky albino rat demons?

Jokes aside, I'm excited for tomorrow!

I'd say about half of the users on this site, followed by the chorf demographic, the Old World fans wishing it would come back sooner, and the few TK boys still kicking.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Okay, who used the monkey's paw to wish for new Eshin, only to get sneaky albino rat demons?

Jokes aside, I'm excited for tomorrow!

Well albino rats are a big thing as Skaven elite go. Maybe they're some sort of elite assassin crew of Eshin albinos?

Also a longtime lurker who just made an account! Hi everyone!

• Like 14

Not quite a rumour (but kind of is), but a while ago they said they wanted the new app so they could properly support Path to Glory. I don't believe there has been any P2G support yet, but this new book would provide a fantastic opportunity.

Not only that, but if they could allow us to create and save our own heroes (with the option to add our own photos) using Destiny Points on the app then that would be fantastic. In fact, this is my number 1 want from the app. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Not quite a rumour (but kind of is), but a while ago they said they wanted the new app so they could properly support Path to Glory. I don't believe there has been any P2G support yet, but this new book would provide a fantastic opportunity.

Not only that, but if they could allow us to create and save our own heroes (with the option to add our own photos) using Destiny Points on the app then that would be fantastic. In fact, this is my number 1 want from the app. 

Where did they say this? So much wasted potential with the app at the moment. Would love more stuff like that or something like a battleplan generator for open play/narrative/matched.

10 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Where did they say this? So much wasted potential with the app at the moment. Would love more stuff like that or something like a battleplan generator for open play/narrative/matched.

Unfortunately I couldn't say - it may have been an interview, or potentially just hearsay at the beginning of 3rd. 

Regardless, I agree the app is currently wasted potential. It works fine, and that's good, but it could be so much more.

They said that there are three ways to play, so it's a shame the app doesn't support two of them. 

• Like 1

Kind of interesting that they teased what appear to be three bands for Underworlds in the previews (Witch Hunters, Umbraneth, and Skaven of some sort). I wonder if we would get three warband reveals? GW is usually really good about not putting any art out there of things they aren't going to reveal very shortly (or are already released/revealed).

I know it's kind of a pipe dream and very unlikely, but with the cost of the Underworlds starter this season taking a pretty dramatic price hike and what I have heard was pretty poor sales, I wonder if they will change their release plan with Underworlds? Maybe take the price up to 125 USD and release a "season starter set" with four warbands and four game boards, and then just release card packs until the next cycle starts? It would give Warbands equal rotation time in the Championship format and allow them to market each starter as a multiple player game.

I don't know, just throwing ideas around.

5 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Baiting us poor Eshin players and then releasing a crappy rat daemon range would be a really crapper, which kinda fits with this tease campaign though. Maybe focus on tidying up the 90's models first? 

careful what you wish for. They could squat 3/4 of the range, dumb down the stats on the remainder,  and then release a bunch of brand new models that you'll need to collect to remain competitive. Like my beloved Orks (or "Orruks", or whatever we re supposed to call them now), just dump all the older greenskinz and grot models and retain only a fraction of the Ork line. 

I do believe Skaven need some updated kits, but I'm betting those come at the cost of retiring slews of older stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Well albino rats are a big thing as Skaven elite go. Maybe they're some sort of elite assassin crew of Eshin albinos?

Elite Eshin crew would make a perfect underworlds squad! Welcome to TGA! And as a beasts of chaos collector, excellent username!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Welcome to TGA. I admire your optimism.

-longtime lurker who make an account five years ago!

• Like 1

That is a good point about albinos being important to Skaven.

This could wind up a more “Ironjawz” release rather than “Kruleboyz” if it’s an elite white (possibly daemon) rat force that makes the elite the basics with a super elite on top(Megabosses & Brutes over ‘Ardboyz/Black Orruks).

That would fit the smaller AoS schedule this year with hero and elite focused releases while also makin an opportunity for Belakor if he’s behind this by having an super albino army that can make the Skaven follow him since Grand Marshall Archaon and the chaos mortals are against his daemon-only supremacy plans.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

careful what you wish for. They could squat 3/4 of the range, dumb down the stats on the remainder,  and then release a bunch of brand new models that you'll need to collect to remain competitive. Like my beloved Orks (or "Orruks", or whatever we re supposed to call them now), just dump all the older greenskinz and grot models and retain only a fraction of the Ork line. 

I do believe Skaven need some updated kits, but I'm betting those come at the cost of retiring slews of older stuff. 

Haaaaaa, did i mention my other main army was Dwarves? Kharadon are alright but FS are a continuing stain on all good Dawi. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Beliman said:

I remember that there was a book or story about a Stormcast thatcontacted with people from the Wolrd that Was using the Realm of Chaos. Anyone knows where I can find more info about that?

Thanks a lot!!

The Realmslayer: blood of the old world radio play features Gotrek questing for a portal which will lead him back in time through tje realm o chaos. (To try to rescue Felix from the end times naturally.) Avoiding spoilers, it doesn't have time travelling stormcast though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Haaaaaa, did i mention my other main army was Dwarves? Kharadon are alright but FS are a continuing stain on all good Dawi. :D

When it comes to Dawi, imagine the awesomeness we could get with create AoSified war machines and an implacable advance of a Dawi wall of upgraded Gromril armour. Flame cannons, organ guns, mechanised golems, and more. Sure, we can make some stuff work with CoS but it feels like discount Dawi. You really could take it to the next level in the AoS setting.

KO got some of that but in terms of aesthetics I'm thinking more in the direction of Irondrakes, i.e. more brutalism and grounded like it would take a lot of force to shift them. One day, blessed be the ancestors, we'll get a proper book!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Btw if they're going to retcon the breeders to be substitued by eggs, I'm totally in

That's a part of the old lore that we don't really need in 2022

Well it wouldn’t really be a retcon at this point. They can easily write it in that’s just an overall side effect from Skaven being constantly in contact with daemons, the chaos realm and even the warping reality of the Gnaw-holes and eggs would just a mutation evolution of all that.

That said I’m still thinking this is a new sub-faction and possibly Belakor using the Shadow Daemon creators to create daemon rats.

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

This makes the Witch Hunter companions being dogs even worse noooooooo... I was imagining a lightning cats vs shadow rats box set 😞

Skaven being given the shadow daemon position is a nice move, gives more than just Pestilens a purpose for being in Chaos

True. But at least the Lexicanum guys will be happy

“Dogs in AoS are rarer than horses. The lore has gryph-hounds, guardian god-hounds, supernatural cairn hounds, shadow hounds, clockwork hounds, wolves, venomous snarlfang wolves and dire wolves but never regular dogs anywhere.”

That’s why there’s AoS articles on Cats and Horses but none on canines so this can open up that avenue too with what breed of dogs are in Ulgu.(of course they could be aforementioned Shadow Hounds too if those witch hunters are from Misthavn looking for what happened to the Stormcast-Errants)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Okay….. who had money on albino daemon rats? Jokes aside I’m happy for the skaven players amongst us, here’s hoping the new models revealed tomorrow can help us all win the fight against the Usurper Nagash and avenge LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!! Or your local equivalent.

Are they albino? They kinda look like those naked mole rat things.