The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

The Horus heresy event has taken up the usual Warhammer fest slot. With golden demon confirmed to be in October maybe that's when we will see Warhammer fest this year. It's possible they will do an online only event for Warhammer fest, but I think we might be waiting for a while. 

Awww what!? October is 6 months away I really hope we get an Online Preview before then.

40 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Awww what!? October is 6 months away I really hope we get an Online Preview before then.

There’s the UK Games Expo which I believe that GW are sponsoring this year. They may have a preview around that time but I suspect the focus will be on Heresy at the Expo. If you can go, it’s a nice day out if you like lots of board games. I met Ian Livingstone at one a few years ago!!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

There’s the UK Games Expo which I believe that GW are sponsoring this year. They may have a preview around that time but I suspect the focus will be on Heresy at the Expo. If you can go, it’s a nice day out if you like lots of board games. I met Ian Livingstone at one a few years ago!!

Thanks for pointing that out. I checked the website and found this 

https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/content/news/games-workshop-are-back-as-major-sponsors-of-ukge-2022/

It certainly sounds like gw will be doing a preview at the event. It looks like this will be when we finally see the summer battletomes and the new Underworlds starter. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

The Horus heresy event is at Warhammer world but there hasn’t been  a clear indication that it would replace Warhammer fest.

at least I would assume they would need to have a general preview event between now and NOVA in order to show off their Summer releases especially since they have to reveal the rest of CSM release and the two AoS tome eventually before the 3rd quarter starts

Last time they where there it was mostly secondary games like Necromunda and Blackstone fortress if I remember correctly

at least from most Expo is generally GW reveal small stuff but not really have a preview event in them.

Edited by novakai

43 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I checked the website and found this 

https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/content/news/games-workshop-are-back-as-major-sponsors-of-ukge-2022/

It certainly sounds like gw will be doing a preview at the event. It looks like this will be when we finally see the summer battletomes and the new Underworlds starter. 

I think UW starter might be out by then already. It is Q2 release so before summer

1 hour ago, Fellman said:

more maneater is going
image.png.2a27f478bb85439568e9dd9385892778.png

I wonder where this is going. I just looked through the rumour engines again and none of them jump out to me as possible new Maneaters. I seriously hope we get a plastic, custmizable Maneater kit, though. Especially one with AoS bits, like Kharadron, Stormcast and OBR.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Last time they where there it was mostly secondary games like Necromunda and Blackstone fortress if I remember correctly

at least from most Expo is generally GW reveal small stuff but not really have a preview event in them.

Not going to disagree but they have shown off 40K and AOS as well. Last one I went to was just after Soul Wars was announced and it was the first place you could see the models in person. Also it was the first place you could play Dark Imperium when that came out.

Im not expecting anything like that this time, as I think they have been preparing for the Heresy release and I suspect AOS has suffered as GW hasn’t had all the resource to support upcoming releases as they have done in the past. Note - this isn’t me saying GW hate AOS or it’s going to be dropped but they put all their production and distribution effort to Heresy and did the bear minimum for other systems.

If they do a preview, hopefully it will be around the Chaos and Order releases they teased earlier this year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Aw mate that's awesome!! I can wait another 2 months, great news even if it's just for the next Battletome confirmations.

4 hours ago, Fellman said:

more maneater is going
image.png.2a27f478bb85439568e9dd9385892778.png

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I wonder where this is going. I just looked through the rumour engines again and none of them jump out to me as possible new Maneaters. I seriously hope we get a plastic, custmizable Maneater kit, though. Especially one with AoS bits, like Kharadron, Stormcast and OBR.

I swear down mate if we get a versatile Maneater kit I'll lose it. As a literal mercenary I feel like Maneaters should be one of the most customisable kits in the game. I cannot wait to see what awaits Ogors this Edition.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Aw mate that's awesome!! I can wait another 2 months, great news even if it's just for the next Battletome confirmations.

I can reasonably safely say I'll be there at the event too, so if there's anything they show in the preview then put physically in the cabinets I'll be taking plenty of photos to share.

And yeah UK Games Expo very much isn't just for the side games. They put a lot of work into promoting Dark Imperium, Soul Wars and contrast paints there for each of those releases. I suspect Heresy might get a chunk of attention but we'll hopefully see some other new bits and pieces.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

I can reasonably safely say I'll be there at the event too, so if there's anything they show in the preview then put physically in the cabinets I'll be taking plenty of photos to share.

And yeah UK Games Expo very much isn't just for the side games. They put a lot of work into promoting Dark Imperium, Soul Wars and contrast paints there for each of those releases. I suspect Heresy might get a chunk of attention but we'll hopefully see some other new bits and pieces.

Mate you're a bloody legend.

6 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I'd say the correct term would be wetads

That's great.

Naiads and Nerieds would be a great way to expand on sylvaneth actually. It keeps the nature spirits vibe, and can have a consistent design language, while adding a whole new dimension and element. They wouldn't be sylvan though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TreelordRecent said:

The IDK battletome mentions some sea dwelling sylvaneth including dryads. Is this the controversial expansion of sylvaneth?

Ooooh that would be VERY controversial if a typically land locked Faction had new Underwater themed units, whilst THE Underwater Faction received only one Hero.

Though I'd love to see what they look like...