The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Hopefully we have a little AOS streak and Thondia and the Scenery goes up for Pre Order in the next few weeks. 

I really hope not! I've excited for the narrative book and scenery too, but I would like it to come at least a month after arena of shades so I can actually afford to get both! Their focus on Big Boxes recently comes with a pretty major downside, you can't get them all...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I really hope not! I've excited for the narrative book and scenery too, but I would like it to come at least a month after arena of shades so I can actually afford to get both! Their focus on Big Boxes recently comes with a pretty major downside, you can't get them all...

Except that isn't true, you can still buy fury of the deep and shadow and pain. 

Even the last 2 40 boxes are readily available. 

While the boxes won't stay around forever, it seems GW has addressed the availability issues some what. 

8 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

While the boxes won't stay around forever, it seems GW has addressed the availability issues some what. 

I think @EccentricCircle was talking about been able to buy all the box money wise, as those duel boxes are expensive and you may have to use your hobby budget of multiple months to afford them. I don't know if the same apply for the 40k duel boxes, but the AoS ones truly are lasting longer than they used to.

9 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I think he mean monetary not availability, boxes are quite expensive for average consumers.

and sometime I do feel it be better to release stuff individual in the first place and not wait for it months down the line but alas it business 

1 minute ago, Archibald said:

How do you know that?0.0

They mention it at the end of the article:

"Following on from this week’s massive AdeptiCon reveals, we’ve got loads more news right here on warhammer-community.com. We’ll be showing off new models for Blood Bowl, showcasing the best Golden Demon entries from AdeptiCon, and taking a closer look at the jaw-dropping trailer for Warhammer: The Horus Heresy."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

That's good to know. I'd assumed they were still selling out at launch, so its encouraging if that isn't the case. I might be in with a chance to pick one or more of them up later, after saving further! 

@Arzalyn is right in their interpretation though, the more stuff gets locked in big boxes, the harder it becomes to keep getting them. Even if they stick around for longer. I can justify the expense of a big box every so often, but not one every month, even if I do pick which month I get any given one in.

I'd put some money aside for Arena of Shades, with the intent of getting it, as I want all the new models, and having more sisters and khinerai would be handy. Now that I know more big things are coming, I'm looking at the contents and wondering whether I really need more of the other ghosts, or the warlocks though. Maybe I will just be patient and wait for them to be available on their own. We'll see what the discounted prices look like. I do quite like the 40K terrain box too, which I wasn't expecting at all, and terrain boxes are generally more useful than troop boxes, as I know I'll use the stuff in multiple game systems.

Many decisions lie ahead.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

On topic of Duel Boxes, what Factions have not appeared in a Duel Box? Sons of Behemat withstanding. 

Technically Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz. Beast claw raider if you count them as well.

CoS, Realmlords (they got a single box though), Soulblight, Seraphon and Beastmen of the top of my head

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Technically Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz. Beast claw raider if you count them as well.

CoS, Realmlords (they got a single box though), Soulblight, Seraphon and Beastmen of the top of my head

1 hour ago, GrimDork said:

Also Slaves to Darkness.

Lots of good ones to be made there. Beastclaw Raiders could literally be the Start Collecting for their side. BCR and Ironjawz - Tooth and Claw duel box.

Yeah assuming the new DoK character is priced at the same point as the Ironscale then the DoK half is more expensive to buy separately than the box itself.

The Nighthaunt side is similar depending on the price of the new minis separately.

Just a shame I don't need anymore Bladegheists, Myrmourn or another Crawlocke!

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I would be so ready for a box with a new SoB Giant vs anything really. Like a mini-mega. Smack in the middle of the small ones and the big one. Just a new generic hero, or three to be more precise. One for each tribe.

Just update the Mancrusher model and give it 3 build options like the Megas and slap that in a box and I'll buy a bunch. 

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Just update the Mancrusher model and give it 3 build options like the Megas and slap that in a box and I'll buy a bunch. 

That would be the dream.

3 Kits - Mancrusher, Brawler (the mini mega) & the mega giant. 
9 units. 
So many options so much flavor.

2 hours ago, Rachmani said:

That would be the dream.

3 Kits - Mancrusher, Brawler (the mini mega) & the mega giant. 
9 units. 
So many options so much flavor.

Its literally the dream mate!! I think it's a possibility because Imperial Knights got new units a few years after their initial release.

On 3/27/2022 at 7:48 PM, EccentricCircle said:

That's good to know. I'd assumed they were still selling out at launch, so its encouraging if that isn't the case. I might be in with a chance to pick one or more of them up later, after saving further! 

@Arzalyn is right in their interpretation though, the more stuff gets locked in big boxes, the harder it becomes to keep getting them. Even if they stick around for longer. I can justify the expense of a big box every so often, but not one every month, even if I do pick which month I get any given one in.

I'd put some money aside for Arena of Shades, with the intent of getting it, as I want all the new models, and having more sisters and khinerai would be handy. Now that I know more big things are coming, I'm looking at the contents and wondering whether I really need more of the other ghosts, or the warlocks though. Maybe I will just be patient and wait for them to be available on their own. We'll see what the discounted prices look like. I do quite like the 40K terrain box too, which I wasn't expecting at all, and terrain boxes are generally more useful than troop boxes, as I know I'll use the stuff in multiple game systems.

Many decisions lie ahead.

One thing I will say is that the models locked behind battleboxes are released a lot more quickly on their own than they used to be.  With the regularity of larger releases most of my local group are avoiding the big box releases unless they actually want the entire contents of the box or "need" the models quickly.

• Like 1