The Rumour Thread

I have to agree with Stu, for an elf @Maogrim has impeccable taste. Most likely my favourite Dwarf artwork too.

It takes me back to the past...it's 2007, and I sit in front of my family's Windows XP, making Warhammer AMVs in Windows Movie Maker. Well, not-so-A MVs. Huh, maybe that is why I didn't have many friends.

Your sanity is only saved by the fact I did not know of YouTube at the time, so they have been buried in the dustbin of history...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Iksdee said:

AdventEngine 15 Dec15 Content

Chaos 

Dwarfs

Confirmed

Everyone is projecting so darn much in this thread, fire and ash does not confirm almost anything...

...other than clearly referencing the hotly anticipated and heavily rumoured Critters & Keys expansion, Fireside Fun. Featuring the brand new Fyreslayer Magmakitten and whole new set of keys... but who will Magmakitten be facing off against in this new Box? The legendary chaos dwarf Bulldog-Centaur, the Idoneth Crabcritter? My money is on none other than the return of Oxyotl now carrying the coveted Chaos Key but that would be such a major change to Critters and Key lore it might be saved for the next edition. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 6

26 minutes ago, Chaos Shepard said:

I can't tell who is joking and who genuinely doesn't see the eldar helmit in the back ground of the image.

Eldar helmet is an anagram of tele drahme. Tele means of course 'at a distance' and drahme is a corruption of drachma,  ancient greek coinage.

Now, what does this mean? Well, we can expect something 'at a distance', ie, geographically away from us, that is related to coinage. Maybe someone willing to sell their goods and services? We have one final hint missing. Let us calculate the value of Greek Drachma to dollars. Wikipedia says it's 25 USD, but as this is undoubtedly dated let's say it's 27 USD, inflation and all. And what did come out 27 years ago?

White Dwarf presents: Chaos Dwarves.

Chorfs confirmed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Eldar helmet is an anagram of tele drahme. Tele means of course 'at a distance' and drahme is a corruption of drachma,  ancient greek coinage.

Now, what does this mean? Well, we can expect something 'at a distance', ie, geographically away from us, that is related to coinage. Maybe someone willing to sell their goods and services? We have one final hint missing. Let us calculate the value of Greek Drachma to dollars. Wikipedia says it's 25 USD, but as this is undoubtedly dated let's say it's 27 USD, inflation and all. And what did come out 27 years ago?

Chorfs confirmed.

I'm glad the politics are gone and we're back to quality content ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Chorfs confirmed.

Patriots, now that the Fang has abandoned us, PUDAnon is here to take up the mantle of the operative in the know. And she even has the rarest of Pepes! 

# PUDAnon #ChorfsIsUponUs #WhereWeGameOneWeGameAll #DeepWorkshop #Copiochrome

Edited by Maogrim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Patriots, now that the Fang has abandoned us, PUDAnon is here to take up the mantle of the operative in the know. And he even has the rarest of Pepes! 

# PUDAnon #ChorfsIsUponUs #WhereWeGameOneWeGameAll #DeepWorkshop #Copiochrome

*she

You think this level of crazy comes from a man? ;)

Wait, can I say that? That's problematic, right? Is this one of those things where I can say it but guys can't? Oh dang. You know, disregard what I said, I'll take the mantle of Fraud Leakers and Cope Queen and enjoy my five seconds of fame before anyone realises I am a pulling everything from my--I mean, secret drops incoming! Read WarCom upside down in Russian! James Workshop is an AI controlled by Skaven players on reddit! The truth is out there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

*she

You think this level of crazy comes from a man? ;)

Wait, can I say that? That's problematic, right? Is this one of those things where I can say it but guys can't? Oh dang. You know, disregard what I said, I'll take the mantle of Fraud Leakers and Cope Queen and enjoy my five seconds of fame before anyone realises I am a pulling everything from my--I mean, secret drops incoming! Read WarCom upside down in Russian! James Workshop is an AI controlled by Skaven players on reddit! The truth is out there!

Whoops, sorry, will edit my post immediately. 😅

5 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I'm not sure if this is a translation thing or if this is just part of the joke because the letters on my screen do not make an anagram with eldar helmet lol

I didn't say I was good with words, I am good with worms. Kra-kra!

And yes, you just implied you use translation so that joke won't make sense, so please provide me with a year's time to learn your language so I can make a better pun that does work.

Just now, Ratboy genius said:

I always thought you were a male dwarf. It's the beards....

That's what my wife said too, but we worked it out. A surprisingly common happenstance in dwarf society.

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

A 4th AOS novel!! Sweet GorkaMorka this is awesome!! Has anyone else noticed that it says rival Pirate Captains? Blackpowder must have an adversary in the Deep!!

The longer I have been playing AOS the more I realize that the lack of dedicated pirate factions is literally the worst part of the game. Luckily it is easy to theme an Idoneth and Khardron force on pirates and Corsairs hold the weight of the world by letting folks build a true Pirate army but lack the support for a truly varied list.

Bring on the Vampirates, Maneaters and Grotbag Scuttlers! The mortal realms have much to Plunder ☠️

• LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

The longer I have been playing AOS the more I realize that the lack of dedicated pirate factions is literally the worst part of the game. Luckily it is easy to theme an Idoneth and Khardron force on pirates and Corsairs hold the weight of the world by letting folks build a true Pirate army but lack the support for a truly varied list.

Bring on the Vampirates, Maneaters and Grotbag Scuttlers! The mortal realms have much to Plunder ☠️

I'm gunna grab the double when Blackpowder drops and get Hrothgorn as well!! Those Gnoblars will make perfect additions to the bases of Stonehorns or Mega Gargants...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/14/metawatch-following-2000-games-across-the-2021-us-open-grand-tournament-series/

In another great example of sportsmanship, four of our players – two from the Warhammer Age of Sigmar side of the event and two from Warhammer 40,000 – decided to use their armies against each other in a cross-format experiment!

The four players in question had lost their initial competitive matches and decided to see how Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar rules played against one another. Slight modifications, like assigning Toughness to Warhammer Age of Sigmar units, were made, and it turns out that Imperial Knights versus Sons of Behemat is just as bloody as you would expect!

Wonder if we'll see this more

• Like 1