The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Feii said:

WD SBGL rules.  So much for writing simpler warscrolls then giving them several layered rules making other armies' warscrolls who haven't yet this kind of update worse...  I don't understand what are they going for. 

FGe7j6SX0AQxhhf.jpgFGe7iULXwAAL6jc.jpgFGe7dqkXEAIM8Ox.jpg

What's wrong with them? 

I see perfectly fine thematic rules in line with the other updates from WD. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Wait, I thought it was a Zenith Temple Lumineth Model?

I mean come on Space elves are too silly a concept for the grim and gritty future that is 40k! What next you will tell me their are orcs, haflings and ogres in space but that they arbitrarily drew the line at dwarves?

Wake me up when we have space rats XD.

Edited by Iksdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Feii said:

WD SBGL rules.  So much for writing simpler warscrolls then giving them several layered rules making other armies' warscrolls who haven't yet this kind of update worse...  I don't understand what are they going for.

WD Rules are not about switching battletomes from 2.0 to 3.0.

They are just a bandaid that can be undone with less than 3 months. And if you are lucky enough, with a Warscroll of a named character for your army.

4 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

What's wrong with them? 

I see perfectly fine thematic rules in line with the other updates from WD. 

we have 25+ factions, factions which don't get these rules which are limited by the number of months we have are worse off. 

• Like 2

VzGukgwxIk1Xz0a5.jpg
If we get a enough stuff for Dark Mechanicum than I think they will make a good basis for some extra techy Chorf kitbashes alongside Kharadron models... Heldrake with some small conversions would make an awesome Chaos Frigate or Ironclad 😇

Probably would need to use Kharadron rules but it would be a really cool themed army. With a lack of AOS Rumour engines I have to grasp at straws 😰

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Feii said:

we have 25+ factions, factions which don't get these rules which are limited by the number of months we have are worse off. 

And? 

Every army will get its time in the sun. 

None of the WD bandaids have been earthshattering or game breaking and armies that's haven't had the bandaid are more likely to get a new battletome. 

I still maintain that rules come and go and only a very small, yet extremely vocal amount of players choose an army because of the rules. The majority will choose an army based on the models, theme and background. Rules are secondary. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I am sure a lot of armies with a much older battletome would like a thematic +1 to cast or double activation

I get where you're coming from, but that's pretty obviously not the intent of these White Dwarf updates. These have all been hold-over updates for armies that are relatively new/fine that are almost certainly not getting a new battletome anytime soon.

Granted, with the way AoS releases have been, it feels like no-one is getting an updated battletome soon, but that's a whole different and much sadder story.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

VzGukgwxIk1Xz0a5.jpg
If we get a enough stuff for Dark Mechanicum than I think they will make a good basis for some extra techy Chorf kitbashes alongside Kharadron models... Heldrake with some small conversions would make an awesome Chaos Frigate or Ironclad 😇

Probably would need to use Kharadron rules but it would be a really cool themed army. With a lack of AOS Rumour engines I have to grasp at straws 😰

Yeah making a functional dark mechanicus army would be cool. Alternatively due to the glut of warscrolls and ally options a Cities of Sigmar army converted to be a city that fell under the sway of nearby "forge lords" would be pretty easy. Let you convert some skittari into handgunners and the like. Take tempest eye to mix in KO units as "overlords". Could be a fun build.

I was really hoping the FAQ would come today since it's my birthday T_T

• LOVE IT! 2

7 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

And? 

Every army will get its time in the sun. 

None of the WD bandaids have been earthshattering or game breaking and armies that's haven't had the bandaid are more likely to get a new battletome. 

I still maintain that rules come and go and only a very small, yet extremely vocal amount of players choose an army because of the rules. The majority will choose an army based on the models, theme and background. Rules are secondary. 

SoBs  WD rules quite helped them.  

Furthermore you are really presenting no argument when saying that every army will get the time to shine when I presented the real time constraints and multitude factions we are having.  Yes if I live eternally I wouldn't care because I don't live eternally and I am not yet in nirvana I am prone to be annoyed when some armies get new books and are garbage for 3+ years and some great armies get more and more good rules and models, and warscrolls.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Feii said:

SoBs  WD rules quite helped them.  

Furthermore you are really presenting no argument when saying that every army will get the time to shine when I presented the real time constraints and multitude factions we are having.  Yes if I live eternally I wouldn't care because I don't live eternally and I am not yet in nirvana I am prone to be annoyed when some armies get new books and are garbage for 3+ years and some great armies get more and more good rules and models, and warscrolls.  

Okay, so which armies do you collect and why do you collect them? 

3 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Okay, so which armies do you collect and why do you collect them? 

that has nothing to do with my argument. if you are unable to have an intelligent discussion without whatabouthism don't talk to me. You are not worth my time. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

21 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Funnily enough both statements can be true:

1) People pick their armies based on their appreciation for models and lore

aand

2) People care about their armies getting updated rules, in particular when they have been lagging behind for a while and when they see battletomes released recently getting free bonus rules.

The argument about the fact that WD updates are only meant for armies that won't get a new battletome in the near future is a faith-based argument since we don't have a roadmad. So, maybe a WD update signals that a new battletome is not coming soon, but who knows?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

maybe a WD update signals that a new battletome is not coming soon, but who knows?

I would love for the no WD update for Hedonites of Slaanesh to signal a new upcoming battletome. Still, a formal apology from GW on page 1 of the book would be nice! 😀

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If they where concern about armies being left behind because of the edition change they probably should have done that in Broken realms not in a WD. But even they had such a disconnect between BR and 3rd edition that half the stuff the put out became obsolete like battalions

also I feel battle tactics and grand strategies where not a good implementation to be added into the game.

6 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

So, maybe a WD update signals that a new battletome is not coming soon, but who knows?

This is just being contrary for it's own sake. This discussion kicked off because of this months SBGL update, an army that was literally the last tome released before 3rd edition. Are you going to look me in the eye right now and tell me that you honestly think this is a sign they have a new battletome on the way? Really?

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So did they just drop the Tau book info out of the blue? I actually think we might get some info on AOS before the Xmas/Newyear previews 😁

I am pretty sure everyone in 40K knew the tau codex was coming already because of the Killteam pathfinders and that they had teased Darkstrider already

they probably just getting it out of the way so they can reveal the CSM and Eldar stuff for Christmas 

Edited by novakai
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, madmac said:

This is just being contrary for it's own sake. This discussion kicked off because of this months SBGL update, an army that was literally the last tome released before 3rd edition. Are you going to look me in the eye right now and tell me that you honestly think this is a sign they have a new battletome on the way? Really?

well, are you going to look me in the eye and tell me that you are sure a SBGL wave 2 is not coming sooner than a (say) Gloomspite Gitz battletome? I am not trying to be a contrarian, I am trying to explain why people can legitimately be unhappy about how WD updates are handled

• Like 1

Maybe I'm wrong, but I always assumed that White Dwarf's rules are just another feature to push sells.

They are not there to break the game or save/ upgrade the faction.

The rules are just for people that "want" all options to play with their army.

Sometimes this rules are meh at best (early stormhosts), sometimes they are a bandaid for a mechanic (gloomspite) and sometimes they are awesome (SLGL).

3 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

well, are you going to look me in the eye and tell me that you are sure a SBGL wave 2 is not coming sooner than a (say) Gloomspite Gitz battletome? I am not trying to be a contrarian, I am trying to explain why people can legitimately be unhappy about how WD updates are handled

Yes, absolutely, I would bet money on it without a second of hesitation, especially now that SBGL are in the Tome Celestial club for 3rd edition. It may be true that nothing is technically impossible, but there's zero reason to think otherwise right now.

17 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Funnily enough both statements can be true:

1) People pick their armies based on their appreciation for models and lore

aand

2) People care about their armies getting updated rules, in particular when they have been lagging behind for a while and when they see battletomes released recently getting free bonus rules.

The argument about the fact that WD updates are only meant for armies that won't get a new battletome in the near future is a faith-based argument since we don't have a roadmad. So, maybe a WD update signals that a new battletome is not coming soon, but who knows?

That's true, it is faith based and does seem to fit the pattern. I guess we won't really know until more battletomes drop. 

27 minutes ago, Feii said:

that has nothing to do with my argument. if you are unable to have an intelligent discussion without whatabouthism don't talk to me. You are not worth my time. 

Wow. I was just trying to assertain which armies you collect and why to see if it fits my theory.

9 minutes ago, novakai said:

If they where concern about armies being left behind because of the edition change they probably should have done that in Broken realms not in a WD. But even they had such a disconnect between BR and 3rd edition that half the stuff the put out became obsolete like battalions

also I feel battle tactics and grand strategies where not a good implementation to be added into the game.

Poor gitz got hit hard by the broken realms stuff. The best parts of the gitz subfactions were the battalions...

I waver on battle tactics, I definitely preferred not having them since I enjoyed the more static battleplans of 2e and how much more taxing the game is to play with them, but on the other hand they do add something to the game even if the ones we have now skew the game towards super powerful hero monsters.

Grand strategies are awful and should just get axed. They aren't interesting and in my experience most of the time you just pick one that you get if you aren't tabled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Yeah making a functional dark mechanicus army would be cool. Alternatively due to the glut of warscrolls and ally options a Cities of Sigmar army converted to be a city that fell under the sway of nearby "forge lords" would be pretty easy. Let you convert some skittari into handgunners and the like. Take tempest eye to mix in KO units as "overlords". Could be a fun build.

I was really hoping the FAQ would come today since it's my birthday T_T

Happy Birthday mate!!

• Like 1