The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/12/sunday-preview-celebrate-a-well-earned-festive-break-with-warhammer/

This week we will see which the first Codexes are for 2022, slight chance at Battletomes as well?

They just gave us Maggotkin with a whopping ONE new model after months of nothing. I doubt there'll be any announcements for the next three months. The closest to AOS news we'll get is something for Blood Bowl or Necromunda.

Edited by Maogrim
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/12/sunday-preview-celebrate-a-well-earned-festive-break-with-warhammer/

This week we will see which the first Codexes are for 2022, slight chance at Battletomes as well?

I think it would be good to announce the next Battletome(s). I feel like they have thoroughly lost the hype momentum of launch and hopefully a big announcement would do good to rekindle at least part of it. 

If it is Idoneth followed by Fyreslayers with a dual box then announcing them together seems likely? I feel it'll be a cheeky post regarding the Black Library event.

• Like 1

Imho, we are between two big releases.

They are building hype for Eldars/chaos in the form of rumour engines. I suppose that anything else will be "hinted" near holydays or just at warhammer-day (or warhammer-fest, whatever is called the january announcing event). I suppose that appart from the big release we are going to see Tau codex reveak (miniature should be previewed early) and something for AoS (fyreslayers vs idoneth box maybe?).

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Imho, we are between two big releases.

They are building hype for Eldars/chaos in the form of rumour engines. I suppose that anything else will be "hinted" near holydays or just at warhammer-day (or warhammer-fest, whatever is called the january announcing event). I suppose that appart from the big release we are going to see Tau codex reveak (miniature should be previewed early) and something for AoS (fyreslayers vs idoneth box maybe?).

I hope they at least tease something for AOS on Christmas or the New Year event. If nothing for those two then we really are months out from anything.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I feel like they have thoroughly lost the hype momentum

Same, I was almost happy to see about new tutorials for festive/winter bases but then I realized it's warhammer- content. 

Seriously I think they might lose even more momentum. If we get like 1 new Tau miniature and then 1 idk 1 fs miniature for AoS with some namarti and naked babies duel box  and then csm vs eldar box as the only thing till the next summer I will be  a little bit let down. 

So far seems to be shaping as the weakest release schedule since 2019.  (and I am kinda sad that GW stock doesn't have options would buy some puts) 

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

They just gave us Maggotkin with a whopping ONE new model after months of nothing. I doubt there'll be any announcements for the next three months. The closest to AOS news we'll get is something for Blood Bowl or Necromunda.

It's worth remembering that 2.0 started off at the same pace, with the big Sacrosanct and Nighthaunt releases followed by a dry spell and only BoC coming toward the end of the year.  Their promise that "every Grand Alliance would get a book by the end of the year" didn't come until January of 2019.  (As it turned out, there was a lot more than 1 book per alliance).

And this was even in the happy beforetimes.

• Like 1

I hope they at least tease something for AOS on Christmas or the New Year event. If nothing for those two then we really are months out from anything.

I am certain we will, although I feel we know already what the reveals will be:
bb4ebe0d1b74c4a125945660a5bd6935.jpg
12c0052b20cb23b048b9e14544d88f83.jpg1l3pewlwz4t131.jpg
piotr-chrzanowski-chaos-space-marines-sm
So in a strange way I feel like the hype is not going to ramp up dramatically but at the same time it will be nice to have everything actually confirmed so that we can return to rampant speculation about Grotbag Scuttler Pirates, Undead Duardin Terracotta Warriors, Malerion's Umbraneth Skateboarders and of course the ferocious Chaos Kittens!

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

Well I am pretty sure the 40K community is feeling the hype at least. 
but with how much stuff they are slated to get it doesn’t really seem like AoS is going to get anything big for first 2.5 month of 2022. I don’t really put much hope  that IDK or FS are getting much either outside their one hero model and Battletome either

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

to be fair, it is easier to get hyped since the 40k plans till 2023 or so were leaked what was it 6 months ago? no such 1.5 year roadmap was leaked for aos so it's a lot harder to muster similar excitement
that and aos had a big year, well, 2/3s of the year with 5 big faction releases in that 2/3s

• Like 2

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Well I am pretty sure the 40K community is feeling the hype at least. 
but with how much stuff they are slated to get it doesn’t really seem like AoS is going to get anything big for first 2.5 month of 2022. I don’t really put much hope  that IDK or FS are getting much either outside their one hero model and Battletome either

I feel like with some of the examples that people have given of other similar dual boxes there is likely a chance that one of them will get more support than the other. Between Space Wolves vs Orruks, Eldar vs Dark Eldar, Sylvaneth vs. Gloomspite, Ogors vs OBR, in every case I believe the latter got a big release while the former was mostly just represented in the box?

Yet there are exceptions like the Skaven vs Flesh Eater box and the Tzeentch vs KO box... So I am not particularly confident either way. Only that when there is an expansion it tends to favour one side of a dual box over the other. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like with some of the examples that people have given of other similar dual boxes there is likely a chance that one of them will get more support than the other. Between Space Wolves vs Orruks, Eldar vs Dark Eldar, Sylvaneth vs. Gloomspite, Ogors vs OBR, in every case I believe the latter got a big release while the former was mostly just represented in the box?

Yet there are exceptions like the Skaven vs Flesh Eater box and the Tzeentch vs KO box... So I am not particularly confident either way. Only that when there is an expansion it tends to favour one side of a dual box over the other. 

We probably know which one or if it both by which battletome cover is revealed first lol. 

or course it kind of suck when it comes between both IDK v and Fyreslayers since both armies could use more. (FS probably a bit more since it’s an older army)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

I'm expecting Blades of Khorne will get a new tome next year, especially given the 40k rumours about World Eaters coming in 2022. 

There was also something about new daemons too in that big rumour list but I am not sure if it just the 40K daemon codex release or are they making new daemons kits (Ruinstorm Daemons?) to go with Be’lekor. Maybe some of those are shared into AoS like how other daemons are.

but I bet both Word eaters and daemons are really far back into 2022 to  probably 2023 past the IG update and the Imperial/Chaos knight stuff that also suppose to come out. 

Edited by novakai
  • LOVE IT! 2

18 minutes ago, novakai said:

We probably know which one or if it both by which battletome cover is revealed first lol. 

or course it kind of suck when it comes between both IDK v and Fyreslayers since both armies could use more. (FS probably a bit more since it’s an older army)

Personally I think that Fyreslayers will see a broader expansion of the two for the reason you listed. With the new hero making Namarti more relevant and at least making IDK feel like something other than underwater Brettonians. However, if Duardin soup is truly on the menu than I would imagine IDK getting the expansion. So once again we are kind of in the dark as to how this box will play out in the long term... and that is assuming that it follows that trend rather than the Tzeentch/KO trend.

13 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

I'm expecting Blades of Khorne will get a new tome next year, especially given the 40k rumours about World Eaters coming in 2022. 

That would be sensible, but I also feel like people suspected Emperor's Children when we got Hedonites of Slaanesh. 

Now that even @Neverchosen has switched to a 40k profile picture, truely all hope and hype for AOS are lost, utterly lost, I say! 

Long gone are the days when people saw a rumor engine of a random torch and baked that crum until it resembled a Chaos Dwarf. Long gone are the days when a reaction by @Whitefang basically confirmed that Silent People, Beasts of Chaos and/or Firebellies were just around the corner. The fire fades, my friends... in the grimdark present of the Mortal Realms there is only one single fly-faced Chaos Sorcerer and nothing else for felt eternities to come..

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Now that even @Neverchosen has switched to a 40k profile picture, truely all hope and hype for AOS are lost, utterly lost, I say! 

Long gone are the days when people saw a rumor engine of a random torch and baked that crum until it resembled a Chaos Dwarf. Long gone are the days when a reaction by @Whitefang basically confirmed that Silent People, Beasts of Chaos and/or Firebellies were just around the corner. The fire fades, my friends... in the grimdark present of the Mortal Realms there is only one single fly-faced Chaos Sorcerer and nothing else for felt eternities to come..

Hold your ground! Hold your ground!
Sons of Sigmar, my brothers.

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the rumours of AoS fail.
When we forsake our armies and break all bonds with Sigmar.

But its not this day.
An hour of Chaos and Aeldari rumours.
When the age of 40k comes crashing down.
But its not this day!

This day we dont lose hope!!
by all that you hold dear on this Rumour Thread,
I bid you stand, Men of the Mortal realms!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

But its not this day.
But its not this day!

Aragorn has sent his copyright lawyer :P

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Maogrim said:

yebbut.. he said chaos kittens...

kittens  - small and cute

Chaos - small cute and chaosy

small cute and chaosy can only be chaos dwarfs, both are small, both are very well loved and both have sharp pointy teeth and  both get looked at, laughed at, dismissed and then the sheer surprise when they unleash hell.

Chaos Kittens is design studio project code for Chaos Dwarfs.

Anyway... Dwarf ancestor spirit terracotta warriors ya say.... hmmm... 🤔

• LOVE IT! 1

Third last post of WarhammerOfficial on instagram. Some people replied hoping for news about the army. They replied only to this:

Random guy: "Gloomspite Gitz are great. Hope we have some news for them in 2022"

Warhammer Official "We shell see!"

Probably means nothing, I'm just reporting it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Iksdee said:

But its not this day.
But its not this day!

You are right! We must resist agaisnt all the 40 k releases! Now I will be moving my hype to Middle Earth SBG!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Wait, I thought it was a Zenith Temple Lumineth Model?

I mean come on Space elves are too silly a concept for the grim and gritty future that is 40k! What's next you will tell me there are orcs, haflings and ogres in space but that they arbitrarily drew the line at dwarves?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 3