The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m not sure what you mean after all you don’t need any range, and you do not have to role higher than your Opponement to Bann the magic,

it literally just autobanns it

You still need the tithe, which means two or more units have to be dead (ignoring blood sacrifice and some items, because they are unreasonable) and even then you can only unbind one spell tops. (plus all additional points are lost)

Generating the points is the conditional part of this system. You start with zero points and cannot reliably generate new ones over and over again to really put a dent in someones hero phase. It might seem really cool and fancy on paper or in a vacuum but in a real game blood tithe is more a feature than an army defining mechanic.

Point being, SCE getting Wizards and there being a magic supplement only furthers the gap and my depression playing Khorne. Maybe it's time for shelf.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, michu said:

No, they said it will be more tactical.

EDIT: ninja'd

Or strategic, sounds for me that the strategy points cane be used for it and perhaps the draws go to the player who won the previous initiative. 

The tidbits they have released for now sounds reasonable, but the combat will be the main point for me. Hopefully they don't change it. 

3 minutes ago, Waiyuren said:

Holy ******.  Is that khalida behind the trees? That crest... what the heck's she doing with nighthaunt?! ?

if it is that would be interesting, unless she's still intent on killing neferata... or maybe tombkings are back !!! (ok that was a wishful lie!)

2 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

if it is that would be interesting, unless she's still intent on killing neferata... or maybe tombkings are back !!! (ok that was a wishful lie!)

Didn't one of the stories mention a jailbreak of powerful souls? Maybe she's missing her body now?! That might explain why nighthaunt isn't in legions of nagash. She does still want to kill neffy. ?

Just now, Waiyuren said:

Didn't one of the stories mention a jailbreak of powerful souls? Maybe she's missing her body now?! That might explain why nighthaunt isn't in legions of nagash. She does still want to kill neffy. ?

Yes, it did, I remember, and if she did escape then yay!!!  She definitely needs to get some of her sand blasted armies back.

I didn't realise that it wasn't a legion of Nagash...

note to self ...  must open the legions of Nagash battle tome and read it!

7 minutes ago, Hashut said:

Soooo... if I were to get a malignants start collecting in preparation, are they the same as nighthaunt, or completely different?

Who knows? I'd wait until all the new stuff comes honestly. We still don't know if the Mortis will get the Nighthaunt keyword or not, so it's not a safe bet, and we also don't know how good Hexwraiths and Spirit Hosts will be with the new book and new edition.

Edited by smucreo

curtesy of Garro who is at the event at the moment:

AoS stuff
Next start set with stormcast eternals and nighthaunts both getting battletomes shortly after.

New stormcast chamber is all magic users.

AoS 2nd edition is in June. Will have community site content every day until launch like 40k 8th edition did.

AoS is getting plastic models for new spells which stay on the board. 

Gortek is coming back to AoS. He is being voices by Brian blessed (not joking, they shared an audio clip)

GW Seminar details.

Weren't allowed to take pics so didn't but pics will be on warhammer community soon.

Details.
Showed the first finished sister of battle mini. It's based off one of the old artworks.

Dark elves are next for bloodbowl. Mix of witches and corsairs in design.

Cawdor are next for necromunda.

Adeptus titanicus is out in August.

16 minutes ago, smucreo said:

Who knows? I'd wait until all the new stuff comes honestly. We still don't know if the Mortis will get the Nighthaunt keyword or not, so it's not a safe bet, and we also don't know how good Hexwraiths and Spirit Hosts will be with the new book and new edition.

I'm really torn on this. I was about to drop money on a couple tormented spirits boxes so I could get started with nighthaunt.. But I don't know if I can wait until June just to find out. I imagine those boxes will sell out quickly. 

Maybe it's safe for people to get 1k worth and see what the starter set brings? 

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Xasz said:

You still need the tithe, which means two or more units have to be dead (ignoring blood sacrifice and some items, because they are unreasonable) and even then you can only unbind one spell tops. (plus all additional points are lost)

Generating the points is the conditional part of this system. You start with zero points and cannot reliably generate new ones over and over again to really put a dent in someones hero phase. It might seem really cool and fancy on paper or in a vacuum but in a real game blood tithe is more a feature than an army defining mechanic.

Point being, SCE getting Wizards and there being a magic supplement only furthers the gap and my depression playing Khorne. Maybe it's time for shelf.

Well if your going to give up so easily, then I really won’t understand it.

i for myself play mixed skaven or mostly just plain verminus, and believe me I lost most of my games with them, but isn’t this something what makes those weaker armies fun? After all even if you play now a weaker army and you lost a thousand times the only thing which will happen is the way you will think use your army and build list. And sooner or later you have an army list which works great with your Strategy and will be a hart nut to crack open and then you will show everybody what it means to Use magic in front of the Blood god.

and believe me, I had a hart time playing against my friends with the generic skaven. I even got to last place with them on every tournament I went, until I started to play on 2000p 380Meatshields (Clanrats and giant rats) 

and even now I’m getting ideas for new armylist which I love to try out and maybe it will be great or just bad, but the only way to know if it works is to trie it out and find new ways.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well if your going to give up so easily, then I really won’t understand it.

i for myself play mixed skaven or mostly just plain verminus, and believe me I lost most of my games with them, but isn’t this something what makes those weaker armies fun? After all even if you play now a weaker army and you lost a thousand times the only thing which will happen is the way you will think use your army and build list. And sooner or later you have an army list which works great with your Strategy and will be a hart nut to crack open and then you will show everybody what it means to Use magic in front of the Blood god.

and believe me, I had a hart time playing against my friends with the generic skaven. I even got to last place with them on every tournament I went, until I started to play on 2000p 380Meatshields (Clanrats and giant rats) 

and even now I’m getting ideas for new armylist which I love to try out and maybe it will be great or just bad, but the only way to know if it works is to trie it out and find new ways.

We are two very different kind of players, we most likely enjoy different things about the hobby and the setting of our games most likely will be different as well. Therefore further discussion is pointless.

Edited by Xasz

RIP my Legion of Night army, Feb 2018- June 2018. Back to Nighthaunts for me. All the new models look amazing.  It looks like they might be updating some of the older models(as none of the old ones were even shown, and many look similar). I think I can safely say where my June gaming budget will go. Should be a quick army to get on the table, plenty of black spray paints and light grey drybrushing. A starter set with those Stormcasts would also fit right into my master plan of army building. I'm at around 1100 points in Stormcast right now, so they Stormcast half of such a box would go a long way towards wrapping up that army.

While I'll try to keep a positive attitude, I'm really hoping there's some big allegiance other counter balancing changes to make up for shooting nerfs as my KO army can barely hold their own as it is. Grundstock Thunderers might become the new KO MVP unit with their ability to fall out of combat in the combat phase(setting you up to shoot if your turn is next). They did say warscroll updates, so I'm going to wish list much longer range on the boats that makes them feel more like warmachine.

Now that we have confirmation that the Lord Ordinantor and Knight of Shrouds were harbingers of stuff to come, I'm not going to let myself get hyped about my Moonclan. A couple of weeks ago I began to doubt, so I picked up some some spider riders and bonesplitters for a 2000 point mixed destruction army. Oh well, now I have the seeds to three destruction armies of Moonclan happens this year.