The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

I feel like I should point out that the black coach itself would not be night haunt. It may have a nighthaunt variant, but a black coach would be firmly soulblight.

Black Coach in Legions of Nagash is Death, Malignant, Nighthaunt, Hero, Black Coach. It's not Soulblight. :)

50 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Black Coach in Legions of Nagash is Death, Malignant, Nighthaunt, Hero, Black Coach. It's not Soulblight. :)

Weird :S Death isn't really my thing, but it's always been vampire transportation I thought? Didn't the metal one come with a vampire in the coffin?

1 minute ago, Soulsmith said:

Weird :S Death isn't really my thing, but it's always been vampire transportation I thought? Didn't the metal one come with a vampire in the coffin?

In the fluff (both in Fantasy and AoS, checking the LoN battletome) there is a vampire in the coffin, yeah. But it's 'dead', and the black coach collects energy to revive it so I guess because its not really controlling it or whatever?

• Thanks 2

Not guessing the battletome is coming with a new black coach and new unit that can be seen in the knight of shrouds artwork. Also coming is the AoS version of the old warhammer battle magic which will add a new dimension to magic in AoS games 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LLV said:

Not guessing the battletome is coming with a new black coach and new unit that can be seen in the knight of shrouds artwork. Also coming is the AoS version of the old warhammer battle magic which will add a new dimension to magic in AoS games 

I'm sure pic related will be a new "troops" type for the Nighthaunt army, maybe dual built, one like cairn wraith with "fleshy" army, one hanged Dementor ...

We'll probably get a new plastic kit, a Shadespire warband, and maybe a unique unit for the starter set

New Nighthaunt Unit.png

Edited by HorticulusTGA

1 minute ago, LLV said:

I hadn’t seen that shadespire card but yes that looks like the new nighthaunt guys

Basically mini knight of shrouds

That sounds great.

So Black Coach and Mini Knight of Shrouds unit? More info you can share? Other new Death Units?  Is there a new starterset with Death in it? Info about new Stormcast?

The coach and the new guys may well be in the new AoS ‘second phase’ set.

Stormcast will be in there confirmed vs death. I just know about the models themselves but the release of the new starter lines up with the new models so it’s possible. 

7 hours ago, LLV said:

The coach and the new guys may well be in the new AoS ‘second phase’ set.

Stormcast will be in there confirmed vs death. I just know about the models themselves but the release of the new starter lines up with the new models so it’s possible. 

Sacrosanct (wizards/Priests) or Ruination (Artillery)?

I've noticed a lot of people predict that Slaanesh is soon(ish) due for a release but I was wondering if there was any basis to this other than it being the only Chaos god to not get a release? I'd really like it to get something, but from where I'm standing it seems unlikely. 

While it's 40k, this rumour would suggest that it's Khorne getting a release this year (http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/rumors-angron-and-khorne-new-abbadon.html?m=1) and I doubt they'd have a big release for both Khorne and Slaanesh in the same year. 

13 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I've noticed a lot of people predict that Slaanesh is soon(ish) due for a release but I was wondering if there was any basis to this other than it being the only Chaos god to not get a release? I'd really like it to get something, but from where I'm standing it seems unlikely. 

While it's 40k, this rumour would suggest that it's Khorne getting a release this year (http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/rumors-angron-and-khorne-new-abbadon.html?m=1) and I doubt they'd have a big release for both Khorne and Slaanesh in the same year. 

I think there was a warhammer tv video where one of the guys accidentally let slip about Slaanesh being soonish. Plus that Khorne rumour may well be nonsense. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I think there was a warhammer tv video where one of the guys accidentally let slip about Slaanesh being soonish. Plus that Khorne rumour may well be nonsense. 

I also think Lady Atia said Slaanesh before Khorne, but I cannot find where. 

There is a rumor on Dakka Dakka about the new Keeper Of Secrets (plastic) being due for November (he of course won't be released alone), by the guy that teased the new GUO in summer 2017. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I'm sure pic related will be a new "troops" type for the Nighthaunt army, maybe dual built, one like cairn wraith with "fleshy" army, one hanged Dementor ...

We'll probably get a new plastic kit, a Shadespire warband, and maybe a unique unit for the starter set

New Nighthaunt Unit.png

The hanged Dementor probably will be a special version of the "fleshy" cairn wraith, think of it more in the lines of the Shadespire Skeletons then a hint for a new additional unit.

And concerning the Stater Set you repeatedly mention: don't think of the two shown cards as indicators for a new AoS Starter Box, but only as hints for Shadespire. It is quite possible that someone saw the new Shadespire Season Opener Box and thought of it as a new AoS Starter. The correlation between Shadespire S1 and the Starter Box does not mean that each SSP Season Box (if there will be one each time) will match a new AoS Starter. the S1 Box had SE and Khorne in ti, simply because both are the poster boys respectively the starring villains during the time S1 came out. It was a marketing decision, nothing more. 

19 minutes ago, Still-young said:

That's interesting to know, thanks. It would make a lot of sense for Slaanesh to get a release over Khorne, but Khorne is the more popular army. 

I don't play 40k so I may be mistaken, but chaos daemons got a codex not so long ago right? That may suggest that Slaanesh Daemons won't be getting much soon because if a Slaanesh Daemon release was only a year off then you'd think they'd wait so the codex didn't quickly become outdated. I reckon that if Slaanesh does get a release, it'll be mortal focussed (so noise marines in 40k and hopefully some cool stuff in AoS). 

36 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Slaanesh is more or less a given, due to the Chaos release cycles, we had so far. Khorne is in a wired spot right now. In AoS he is supported quite well both mortals and demons. In 40k only demons have "new" toys, mortals are ancient, one of the oldest sets. Due to this, Khorne will be or better needs a much smaller release, than the other 3 gods have seen, only marines in Power and Terminator armour and a Primarch, may be a cultist unit, but even these are an unneeded extra. So Khorne will fit right at any release slot, the size of DoK and might slip in this year. But Atia said roughly halve a year ago, that we will have both Khorne and Slaanesh/Angron and Fulgrim in a span of two years. Judging by that, both wont come in one year, and khorne will probably take the backseat, as he ist well supported in one system, whereas Slaanesh is "lost" in both.

14 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

One think I doubt Slaanesh is soon is the fact that Deepkin were released it would make all the sense to release Slaanesh along with Tyrion&Teclis Elves or Malerion Elves and I doubt they aren't coming this year. 

I have to agree that, we won't see any more Elves this year (Eldar maybe). Think of that pervert not as soon but more like soonish, coming at the end of the year, leaving 2019 for Elves and Eldar as a reaction too the resurfacing of the Prince of Pleasures. Would make sense from a narative perspective as well, to use her release at the end of this year as a kick of for the reactions on the new threat by the pointy eared folks. With DoK and probably with DK we have the stage set for the break out of the most favourite hermaphrodite, and the MP Story 1-2 weeks ago has his getaway car ready and motor running. 

On 27/01/2018 at 6:47 PM, Chikout said:

Just noticed that one of the armies chosen for tale of 4 warlords in white dwarf this time was Daughters of Khaine. Makes you wonder what is coming for Malignants (the death army chosen)

Well if battletome Malignants is next, just wanted to say that I called it 2 months ago!!! (Though this may  be a little early for gloating).

Very curious to see how many kits they get. A dual build troop choice which will look exactly like that Shadespire card, a multibuild black coach kit and .....? One more kit would put them in line with daughters of Khaine, sylvaneth etc.

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Well if battletome Malignants is next, just wanted to say that I called it 2 months ago!!! (Though this may  be a little early for gloating).

Very curious to see how many kits they get. A dual build troop choice which will look exactly like that Shadespire card, a multibuild black coach kit and .....? One more kit would put them in line with daughters of Khaine, sylvaneth etc.

And a new monster / hero like the soul-stealing Ghast described here : https://malignportents.com/story/lightning-in-a-bottle/ Maybe ;)

P.-S. ; I think what @LLV meant was a new Nighthaunt Battletome, Malignant being only the "race" keyword.

44 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

The hanged Dementor probably will be a special version of the "fleshy" cairn wraith, think of it more in the lines of the Shadespire Skeletons then a hint for a new additional unit.

And concerning the Stater Set you repeatedly mention: don't think of the two shown cards as indicators for a new AoS Starter Box, but only as hints for Shadespire. It is quite possible that someone saw the new Shadespire Season Opener Box and thought of it as a new AoS Starter. The correlation between Shadespire S1 and the Starter Box does not mean that each SSP Season Box (if there will be one each time) will match a new AoS Starter. the S1 Box had SE and Khorne in ti, simply because both are the poster boys respectively the starring villains during the time S1 came out. It was a marketing decision, nothing more. 

Yeah ! I have no inside info of course, it's just (educated?) guesses based on what we already have, that is : 

- As you rightly said, each Shadespire warband is linked to an existing baseline unit (Liberator, Skeletons Warriors, etc.). So the Wraiths / Dementor must be a new baseline unit (?) for Nighthaunt. 

- Regarding the 8 existing war bands, 3 are form Starter set units, so the poster boys. But with MP, the new logo, etc. I'm sure the new poster-bad-boy will be Death, hence why Nighthaunt may be as rumored in the new starter set. If indeed we get a new "true" starter set (≠ Forgebane or Blightwar).

- That's why I think will get 1. one multi-build Dementor / fleshy arms wraiths kit, 2. one Shadespire warband based on them (as GW released an Easy to build kit form Primaris / Death guard with Dark imperium with different sculpt), and 3. one Dementor / fleshy arms wraiths "push-fit" kit, if indeed the new Starter set comes with a dedicated sculpts (≠ Forgebane or Blightwar).

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I also think Lady Atia said Slaanesh before Khorne, but I cannot find where. 

There is a rumor on Dakka Dakka about the new Keeper Of Secrets (plastic) being due for November (he of course won't be released alone), by the guy that teased the new GUO in summer 2017. 

There was a Thread on Bolter and Chainsword were someone asked for the size of Morathi, as he planned on turning her into a Fulgrim model.
Atia just answered that he shouldn't start that project right now.

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

There was a Thread on Bolter and Chainsword were someone asked for the size of Morathi, as he planned on turning her into a Fulgrim model.
Atia just answered that he should start that project right now.

Right ! I always forgot to check Battle Bunny and B&C instead of War of Sigmar when looking for Lady Atia's posts :/ I miss her full rumors days haha

So that'd make, after Nighthaunt and Stormcast Wizard / Artillery this summer, Slaanesh end 2018. Noïce. 

9 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Atia just answered that he should start that project right now.

"You don't want to do that conversion right now. ^^" - Atia. So Fulgrim's the next, with AoS Slaanesh in January 2019

That makes sense Slaanesh in Januray then I will go with Eldar and Aelves in march-may, I think Ynnari will get some kind of release - maybe 3-4 box release and then they will release one of them Aelves factions - Angelic Hysh Elves or Malerion Aelves. Also it's kind of interesting what Malerion is doing we know he created his Aelves, we know he has huge city in Uglu but that's it and I doubt we will learn much more anytime soon (for sure we will know more about Teclis soon). 

Also what's interesting how GW with AoS made Slaanesh this arch-enemy of Aelves, back in WFB/End Times he was there but he wasn't preying on them, there was Cult of Pleasure, Elves were killing each other but he wasn't anything special. In AoS they made him somehow like She Who Thirst in Wh40k even know he is close connected to all things Elves. That's why we might get huge release maybe even with new starter sets for both AoS and Wh40k with Slaanesh vs Hysh Angelic Elves and Slaasnesh vs Ynnari. I think Hush Elves will be first just because HE was one of the most popular armies and they could be ultra good Order force and will look amazing for sure but I expect kidn of HE aesthetic turn up to 11. (which is possible as Avatat of Manthlann look like Lother Sea Guard Lord on steroids). 

Also Eldar will need to get something as well and the timing would be perfect I think GW may push Ynnari more as In doubt they want to release all those aspect warriors for Craftworlds in plastic anytime soon, it's better to release double kits or even kits with possiblity of assembling 3 different units this way they can basically build up fresh Ynnari range with 3-4 kits along with using some CWE, Harlequin and DE kits.