The Rumour Thread

I don't know what gw has said in its millions of faqs but I've been under the impression that negating wound through any way is not same as the wound having already been allocated to the model. I mean in Morathi's case (if that was intended) it would be the stupidest rule they've ever made period. "Oh look I managed to roll 3 lucky 6s, well I guess you can't do ****** against my gal this turn har har". If it does work like this, I'll bet my lifesavings it will be faqed later. 

In fact, if there ever was a character that might see rules changes/nerfs in the future, it's probably Morathi. Now I'm not screaming nerfs here (yet), she might be very expensive and so forth but I can see her being easily one of the more troublesome characters ever released in age of sigmar and not in the good way. We'll see.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

Mighty lord of khorne's axe has a chance to give her a shock, 3 wounds is 3 potential visits to Mr Khorne, if he reaches her. If it does not work the lord will most likely be doomed.

Well she has the ranged advantage on the mighty lord of khorne. She has a 2" and 3" on both her heavy hitting attacks so she can be behind a buffer of witch elves or sisters of slaughter and not get hit unless the enemy also has 2-3" range.

The old scythe kurnoths and dyrad Play style haha ;) just because we are and offensive themed army doesn't mean we can't go the defence ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Praecautus said:

Mighty lord of khorne's axe has a chance to give her a shock, 3 wounds is 3 potential visits to Mr Khorne, if he reaches her. If it does not work the lord will most likely be doomed.

Sorry to disappoint, but you only get one roll if you've inflicted any damage not one for each wound inflicted ;)  I'm looking forward to the FAQ on Skarrbrand - which rule trumps the other xD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So when I attack with my unit I don't cause wounds to her? Even though it says that I wound her with, say, my Blightkings on a 3? 

Edit: not trying to be argumentative, just seems wounds are both passive and active to me, you can do them and take them.

Edit again: so maybe the use of the word allocate is what I should focus on as you allocate attacks and damage, but not wounds per se. Still wish wounds didn't apply to 2 separate things on warscrolls.

Edited by Screwface

42 minutes ago, Screwface said:

So when I attack with my unit I don't cause wounds to her? Even though it says that I wound her with, say, my Blightkings on a 3? 

Edit: not trying to be argumentative, just seems wounds are both passive and active to me, you can do them and take them.

Edit again: so maybe the use of the word allocate is what I should focus on as you allocate attacks and damage, but not wounds per se. Still wish wounds didn't apply to 2 separate things on warscrolls.

You target a unit with attacks.  The unit makes armor saves if the hit and wound rolls are both successful.  Then damage is dealt.  Then wounds are allocated to a single model.  That model can then use any abilities it possesses that trigger upon a wound being allocated to it.

• Like 2

We'll have to see how it plays out in game. Also it seemed to me they implied that the wounds she lost as an aelf where transferred to her snake form. This seems quite strong though. Sending your strongest unit on her is pretty useless as their power output is made redundant. I'm curious though its definitely a new way of seeing hero resistance from the game.