The Rumour Thread

45 minutes ago, Bowlzee said:

Could always sell it. After all it's a FREE £18 character. Not a core troop model :) 

Good idea.

For Sale: Khorne chap with silly sword, sealed as new, £15. A saving of £3 off the RRP!!! Free postage.

;)

I really should be getting some work done...

Edited by pforson
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pforson said:

That's not my point.

GW always forgets that there is more than one Chaos god. Free or not, it'd be nice if the other gods got some love.

Nurgle has been featured prominently over the last few years,  in fluff and models (Glottkin book and model just for a start).

Tzeentch got his own game that even crosses over into mainstream AoS. 

It's not all Khorne.

Edited by Sleboda
Stupid phone keys

2 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Nurgle has been featured prominently over the last few years,  in fluff and models (Glottkin book and model just for a start).

It's not all Khorne.

Yeah story wise Nurgle is killing it. I see more Nurgle models featured in books than any other faction. I just wish the would release a new plastic GUO. The current GW model is so ugly and not in the good Nurgle kind of way, and the Forge World one is the cost of a small army.

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

It's not all Khorne.

Nurgle schmurgle.

Let's have a look at this:

• Khorne: Massive mortal army for AoS, decent daemon army with several new large monsties, only chaos god to have a dedicated 40k codex.
  • Nurgle: 2 decent AoS armies and some newish monsters from ET. Pants in 40k.
  • Tzeentch: A few daemons and a board game.
  • Slaanesh: Barely anything.

But that's all irrelevant. Instead of Khorne they could have given us something for one of the 700+ factions yet to recieve anything new. ;)

1 hour ago, pforson said:

I agree.

I like that edit I agree. xD I think I got a rather small slaanesh force in one of my cases, I do think slaanesh is in an interesting spot fluff wise. I imagine once it is released the realms will shudder even the blood god will look behind his back. 

GW giving a special artefact to Chaos for two days in the campaign is a pretty cool move. Had zero interest in the campaign myself but this sort of thing makes me like it more. Becomes a little bit more interesting than how I viewed it as a proxy for online favourite alliance voting/most popular seller list.

Yeah story wise Nurgle is killing it. I see more Nurgle models featured in books than any other faction. I just wish the would release a new plastic GUO. The current GW model is so ugly and not in the good Nurgle kind of way, and the Forge World one is the cost of a small army.

Unlikely there will be a new plastic GUO as the Glottkin model was originally designed to be it, made a couple years ago alongside with the greater daemons for the other three gods(Bloodthirster released, LoC and KoS are tooled and ready for release).

6 hours ago, Dez said:

Hmm, not sure I want all the Yhetees, Sabretusks or Mournfang. Saving for Steampunk Dorfs!

With you on that. On that subject, have we got any kind of timeframe for the steampunk dorks? I have seen rumours of later this year or early next, but my eternal optimism regarding new dwarfies leads me to hope that the new White Dwarf will feature them (the first weekly issue was the release of the 8th edition dwarfs, so history repeats right?)

1 hour ago, mhsellwood said:

With you on that. On that subject, have we got any kind of timeframe for the steampunk dorks? I have seen rumours of later this year or early next, but my eternal optimism regarding new dwarfies leads me to hope that the new White Dwarf will feature them (the first weekly issue was the release of the 8th edition dwarfs, so history repeats right?)

I have been hearing September.