The Rumour Thread

Just now, Turgol said:

That is indeed great news but weird considered the Atia rumour that Kharn and Deatwatch were on the September issue. Although if from the very beginning it is moving to a review of the past months, it does make sense: August (and no September) would see the launch of the 40k line (Deathwatch, Kharn and chaos supplement, maybe WZ: Fenris II). If it so, then I guess September would be Tzeentch and not Duardin. 

From how my rep described the new format, it's still possible that Kharn and Deathwatch will be out in september. WD will apparently be discussing the previous months releases. I'll also clarify that i haven't been told the exact contents, only that the first issue will come with a miniature and will have rules for existing games.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AdHocGames said:

From how my rep described the new format, it's still possible that Kharn and Deathwatch will be out in september. WD will apparently be discussing the previous months releases. I'll also clarify that i haven't been told the exact contents, only that the first issue will come with a miniature and will have rules for existing games.

Games plural? So maybe rules to fit ST too then?

15 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I want Battletome: tomb kings. 

I would LOVE this. During the End Times the Ruinous Powers go to Settra and tell him they have plans for him, and the story thread is never resolved. Maybe we'll see something come of this in Age of Sigmar?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I would LOVE this. During the End Times the Ruinous Powers go to Settra and tell him they have plans for him, and the story thread is never resolved. Maybe we'll see something come of this in Age of Sigmar?

It was resolved.

Settra told the Chaos Gods were to stick it and went off killing a Greater Chaos Daemon to save Nagash to spite them. "Settra does not serve."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

It was resolved.

Settra told the Chaos Gods were to stick it and went off killing a Greater Chaos Daemon to save Nagash to spite them. "Settra does not serve."

Maybe I need to re-read this! My apologies. 

3 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I really want Battletome: Maligants...

I suspect what will happen is the Maligants aka nighthaunts will fold into death lords along with the mortarch's. The soul blight book will have dead walkers and death mages fold into the faction(With mannfred and neferata as characters). While Death rattle will be it's own thing(with Arkhan and krell since he is mentioned in the grand alliance death book).

Of course with a few new models to go with it. Since as it stands now the death factions don't have enough stuff to be turned into it's own faction. Hell the flesh eaters got the beasts of the grave merged into them with their own special rules. It also helped that the crypt horror kit could be used in many ways also. 

I suspect the same will happen to the other factions since the deadwalkers are mentioned to be mainly used as foot soldiers for soul blight and death mages are too small to be their own thing. The necromancers are always the "igor's" to the vampires. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DamonRafael said:

my local store told me the free mini in the new WD will be a slaughterpries with hackblade. But take it with a lot of salt!

Don't have this one, so will be more than happy to get this issue of WD

45 minutes ago, DamonRafael said:

my local store told me the free mini in the new WD will be a slaughterpries with hackblade. But take it with a lot of salt!

Very dubious of thus. They just put it in the start collecting box. I suppose it could be an extra gorechosen model. . . . Actually writing this has pursuaded me it might be true. I am still hoping for something completely new though.

One would hope that general units like Skeletons can be given keywords like the Chaos Warriors can be given keywords of their god Allegiance. This would help greatly in giving Battleline units to more Death Factions. After all in the fluff many Undead Characters are able to summon Skeletons/Black Knights

27 minutes ago, Bowlzee said:

One would hope that general units like Skeletons can be given keywords like the Chaos Warriors can be given keywords of their god Allegiance. This would help greatly in giving Battleline units to more Death Factions. After all in the fluff many Undead Characters are able to summon Skeletons/Black Knights

I think that's what they are going to do. Since as I said death as it is is too small to be turned into their own faction's. Ghouls got beasts of the grave and they are lucky the horror kit can be used in so many different ways. The other Death factions are not so lucky. 

Maybe heroes can choose a certain mastery like bone, spirit, flesh to make certain units battle line for them along with what's in the book. 

Edited by shinros

Helpfully the trade letter only told me that there are 14 miniatures in the Icewind Assault box, not what those miniatures are, and the RRP of £135. White Dwarf should arrive tomorrow morning so if it's not been posted before then i'll let you know whats inside it.

As for the WD miniature, i still can't say what it is outright because i'm posting under my stores name, so it limits what i can and can't say. But a previous poster is correct in what the miniature is.

Edited by AdHocGames
  • Like 2