The Rumour Thread

Spiderfang where originally Forrest goblins (with some Native American aesthetics) though, they are more akin to Bonesplitterz version of Grot than cave dwelling Moonclan.

honestly I thing Gitmobs and Greenskinz are just probably going to lavish forever until they subtle phase them out, like how people predict whats going to happen to Minimarines

7 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

I am not sure about Gitmob and Greenskinz, from newcomer’s eyes, they look rather old/classic.

So? The horde of orcs is a concept everyone knows of and newcomers can find appealing. There's no need to have a spin on everything if the formula works. Beastmen were also old and look what supporting them and making them playable did.

• Like 1

Just now, novakai said:

Spiderfang where originally Forrest goblins (with some Native American aesthetics) though, they are more akin to Bonesplitterz version of Grot than cave dwelling Moonclan.

honestly I thing Gitmobs and Greenskinz are just probably going to lavish forever until they subtle phase them out, like how people predict whats going to happen to Minimarines

I don't think they would have kept them for 3 years and included them in the core book if their intention was to squat them.

Just now, novakai said:

but you can tell by GW's treatment of them that they have no intension of doing anything with them not to mention that Greenskinz  is the only army out of the SC army that didn't get any GHB addition at all

Neither did Moonclan and there they are. If they wanted to sqat them, they'd hace done so long ago along Bretonnia, the Tomb Kings and lots of kits from the other armies. Whatever is left is here to stay.

1 minute ago, AshCrow said:

Neither did Moonclan and there they are. If they wanted to sqat them, they'd hace done so long ago along Bretonnia, the Tomb Kings and lots of kits from the other armies. Whatever is left is here to stay.

yeah they are here to stay for now, but five years from now is a different story. also Moonclan doesn't have start collecting box

31 minutes ago, novakai said:

My theory for Gitmob and Greenskinz is that we'll end up with 40k-lite versions of them for AOS. They will be the higher tech side of Destruction.

• Like 1

Perhaps GW's plan is to keep owners of WFB armies like greenskinz, free peoples, aleves, engaged in AoS long enough that eventually, those players find a new AoSified army that fits them (whether their army shifts like say from greenskinz to ironjawz, or dark aleves to Dok, or they just abandon their old army all together for a new one) 

GW does not want to lose more AoS players, so removing these units/factions from the GHB is a no for now. I agree this path is not closed forever though.   

1 minute ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

My theory for Gitmob and Greenskinz is that we'll end up with 40k-lite versions of them for AOS. They will be the higher tech side of Destruction.

I strongly strongly doubt you will ever see new models released for "Gitmob" or "Greenskinz".  If a new faction, say  Grotbag Scuttlers,  is ever put out, it's possible some of these models are absorbed into that, but the sculpts are all pretty old so I doubt they will take all of them.  KO was such a big hit that I think that they'd be better off with all new sculpts. 

• Like 3

Just now, sorokyl said:

Perhaps GW's plan is to keep owners of WFB armies like greenskinz, free peoples, aleves, engaged in AoS long enough that eventually, those players find a new AoSified army that fits them (whether their army shifts like say from greenskinz to ironjawz, or dark aleves to Dok, or they just abandon their old army all together for a new one) 

GW does not want to lose more AoS players, so removing these units/factions from the GHB is a no for now. I agree this path is not closed forever though.   

I strongly strongly doubt you will ever see new models released for "Gitmob" or "Greenskinz".  If a new faction, say  Grotbag Scuttlers,  is ever put out, it's possible some of these models are absorbed into that, but the sculpts are all pretty old so I doubt they will take all of them.  KO was such a big hit that I think that they'd be better off with all new sculpts. 

And having a game where half the armies are either unsupported or unplayable is somehow okay? They just need to merge Greenskinz with Gitmob, maybe Ironjawz, release a new battletome, some endless spells and they can call it a day. That way, a new player can see those models, like them, buy them and play with them. I can't see how keeping unsupported factions for years only to remove them is a good or reasonable idea.

• Like 2

Just now, AshCrow said:

And having a game where half the armies are either unsupported or unplayable is somehow okay? They just need to merge Greenskinz with Gitmob, maybe Ironjawz, release a new battletome, some endless spells and they can call it a day. That way, a new player can see those models, like them, buy them and play with them. I can't see how keeping unsupported factions for years only to remove them is a good or reasonable idea.

Necessary for the transition, you can't make everybody buy a new army right away.  But I also don't think it's good for the game to bend over backwards to maintain legacy units/armies. 

The game has too many factions right now. There is no way they can maintain 60 factions with periodic battletomes/models.  Some of these factions will never see another update.  Some will be consolidated, but GW will not sacrifice Aesthetic / lore too much for this.    For example, DoK could have brought in more Dark elf units, but they only brought in ones that fit the aesthetic. 

I understand people who have Greenskinz already don't want to see them EoL'd, and I don't think that GW is going to be quick to do that, but at the same time i don't think they will ever get new models, a battletome, or even be merged into another faction.  The models just aren't that great and don't really fit anywhere. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Necessary for the transition, you can't make everybody buy a new army right away.  But I also don't think it's good for the game to bend over backwards to maintain legacy units/armies. 

The game has too many factions right now. There is no way they can maintain 60 factions with periodic battletomes/models.  Some of these factions will never see another update.  Some will be consolidated, but GW will not sacrifice Aesthetic / lore too much for this.    For example, DoK could have brought in more Dark elf units, but they only brought in ones that fit the aesthetic. 

I understand people who have Greenskinz already don't want to see them EoL'd, and I don't think that GW is going to be quick to do that, but at the same time i don't think they will ever get new models, a battletome, or even be merged into another faction.  The models just aren't that great and don't really fit anywhere. 

Again, they had an opportunity when they squatted Bretonnia and the Tomb Kings. That wasn't done with the release, that was 6+ months after. They could have done it and they didn't. I agree that there's too many factions right now but the logic choice and the one GW is following isn't squatting things, but merging two or thre factions into one just like they did with Legions of Nagash, the various chaos gods tomes and Beasts of Chaos.

I’m not sure why being mentioned in the GH means that something still exists... there are tons of miniatures that can’t be found in the official website but exist in the GH.

A recent example is Harpies, they are the only monster of chaos not FW to not be mentioned in the new battletome BoC...

Spire of Dawn and Silver tower miniatures are another example appearing in the GH allegiance profile but being relegated to eBay in the best case scenario...

42 minutes ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

Greenskinz will be incorporated into iron jawz when their book is redone sometime in the next 3 months. The Seraphon one should also be in the next 3 months aswell. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Greenskinz will be incorporated into iron jawz when their book is redone sometime in the next 3 months. The Seraphon one should also be in the next 3 months aswell. 

Is there any reason expect it will be in the next 3 months? Seems very close, considering that Moonclan is coming soon, as is Slaanesh vs. Khorne.

1 hour ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Is there any reason expect it will be in the next 3 months? Seems very close, considering that Moonclan is coming soon, as is Slaanesh vs. Khorne.

The title for the teaser video for the Moonclan was Destruction Rising. That could imply that more than one Destruction army will be seeing updates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sorokyl said:

The basic Orruk still holds up pretty well, even to their 40k counterpart, and the boar boys are great sculpts. Bundle them with the Warboss and a couple of mad max dual-kits and you have a decent new faction. The fact that Greenskinz were one of the earliest SC and they continue to be sold in GW retail stores that have limited shelf space suggests that GW has a long term plan for them.

Gitmob I agree is likely to become a start from scratch as the existing plastic kit really shows it's age and there is nothing to really salvage.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Just what I was told . Things were mentioned at blood and glory. The seraphon book has been ready for awhile from what I heard but they had to move things around for some reason. This is all from the same guy who told me about the legions of nagash book so I have no reason to distrust him yet

• Like 3

For those who believe Darkoath and 'older' AoS factions will get a release soon, when do you think GW will get around to them? We have a confirmed goblin release in AoS and two(?) codexes at least to go in 40k, so I feel we won't see any other AoS stuff until March or later (and given track records, that might end up being Stormcast). I feel like December will be a 'dead' month for new releases as it has been consitently, and we know that Moonclan are the next battletome (so probably January), and Vigilus has been announced for 40k so something will likely happen with that - it feels like we don't have enough time for all of this cool stuff.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bsharitt said:

3. New Ironjaws and Fryreslayer models(presumably to go with their new battle tomes). Now this I could be seeing true if they do indeed get new books and the new models in question are scenery and/or endless spells. I'm not sold on actual new units though. He had no idea of even vaguely what the models were.

If they have the slightest intention to make Fyreslayers more popular it can't happen without new models. No battletome and no faction scenery will change that. Given that stormcast had 3 updates with dozens of models and 4(?) battletomes I expect at least few new models for Ironjawz and Fyreslayers each. If they don't use opportunity which is AoS 2 to update them properly with new minis and rules I doubt they ever will. 

Edited by Aryann
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sorokyl said:

Yeah you really can see the age of those models (boys and that chariot thingie), which really doesn’t look that well with a Ironjaws army who have like very good looking models. But still they would fit perfectly together the fluff is similar, heck even Gordraks big whaaag is a horde of “ALL GREEN-THINGS”.

So for the love of Gork (or Mork?) make 

greenthing big again.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1