The Rumour Thread

Sigmarines can be condecending. No doubt about that. Just as ground marines can. It's mostly about context though. Used on this forum, I expect it to be a fun nickname for the Stormcast, rather than as a dismissal of their unique nature. Which is exactly how I use it here.

But this isn't the thread for debating whether or not Sigmarine, Ground Marines or any other epithat is offensive. Let's lay this low and keep talking about the rumours, eh?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

But this isn't the thread for debating whether or not Sigmarine, Ground Marines or any other epithat is offensive. Let's lay this low and keep talking about the rumours, eh?

Exactly, please guys, I come to the rumor thread for.... rumors, nothing else. :-)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Randomly - I hate terms like "captasus" and other "I am far too cool and lazy to use the right words" shortcuts.

Add in the almost universally applied and understood insult that comes with Sigmarine and the like and, well, yeah.  Let's be better than that.

I think Sigmarine's become an almost affectionate term for Stormcast coming from most people in the gaming community, like calling MK6 marines "beakies" or "womble marines", Fantasy players calling 40k "pew pew", or teasing players who start new armies on the release of a new army book/codex/battletome. A year and a half from AoS's release Stormcast are still a controversial range that imo don't wholly "fit" with any of the previous trademark aesthetics you'd previously have associated with GW, to the point that at first glance they don't really look like Warhammer models (not necessarily a bad thing, entirely subjective). If a bit of friendly ribbing from other players about your chosen army hurts your feelings I'd recommend playing Orcs and Goblins, nobody ever complains about Orcs and Goblins.

Back on topic: did anyone post this bit about the Warhammer Live reveal yesterday?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/28/warhammer-live-is-coming/

Hmm the arm looks skeletal at first glance but some of the proportions are out (like the ball at the elbow joints) unless its armor over a skele.

Personally i would go with some sort of tzeenctch sorceror unit. The whole key thinking seems a little guant summoner esk unless its one for 40k.

Think undead would be just a little to out of the blue. It would make sense that they would show snap shots of things that are likely to be released soonish and in the case of AOS the general consensus is Arcanites and steamheads

could be wrong though ;)

I don't think it's mechanicus - the arm is way to inhuman and not techy enough. No exposed cables. Also, the way the hand is holding the keys is a little too stylized to feel 40kish. And I don't really think that the cog key is 1000% cog. It could be a dramatic and weird-looking key of any number of kinds. My money is on either a tzeentchy daemon or a skeleton (maybe a skeleton necromancer riffing off the corpsemaster on the mortis engine? Keys as a symbol of necromancy?). Probably the former, but I hope it's the latter.

Keys make me think of Fyreslayers/dwarfs, but I don't know much about 40k. Arm quite strange. Wonder if it's from upcoming Tzeentch-Steamhead box and is a Tzeentch character of some sort taunting the duardin with some of their keys. Small arm though considering the size of the sprue plastic. No clue really but looks pretty neat. Also looks like I'd break it cutting it out of the sprue and filing it.

Edited by polarbear
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Arm looks too thin to be a Dwarf, unless it's a prosthetic?

seems odd but there is something very un dwarfish about the positioning. Not just the delicate appearance of the arm itself but the way its holding the keys and the finger positions dont seem like something you would see on a dwarf or anything made by a dwarf

While it may very well be related to steamheds or arcanists perhaps it's something slightly different. Considering that the hand is skeletal and it holds keys one of which seems to contain half of a cog perhaps these are undead duardin. It's not very probable but would certainly be awesome.

6 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

seems odd but there is something very un dwarfish about the positioning. Not just the delicate appearance of the arm itself but the way its holding the keys and the finger positions dont seem like something you would see on a dwarf or anything made by a dwarf

Exactly, The way the hand is holding the keys makes it seem like it could only be Tzeentch. Almost like it's tempting you to grab the keys, or keeping it just out of reach.

• Like 1

There is a photoshop job going around where they brightened up the shadows on the arm, makes it look very Mechanicus-y. Its weird, the keys themselves are kind of ambiguous, like one of them looks very fire-slayers, but the cog one is very adeptus. Not sure what to make of this, unfortunately I think it is 40k and not some sweet skeleton or Duardin, but as a Skaven player its just more bits for conversion for me.