The Rumour Thread

Well... as I said I don't know about lore of the new whq. Said that if wrath and rapture is a demon box it will be useful for 40k too.

The slanesh Aelfs is something possible by lore but I think and hope for my wallet they will not come, but would be nice.

For next Aelfs nothing is said. Malerion shadow ones and the brothers celestial is supposed to come maybe next year. If I had to bet I would choose Shadow ones because of the slanesh thing going as it's supposed to be released by January or something.

Celestial Aelfs sadly maybe for 2020.

It has been a cool year for AoS and a last release with rapture box will be awesome. And there's the goblin thing going on that I hope we have a destruction release soon too.

I think this year was Nurgle expansion on january, 2 old armys battletome and expansion (DoK and BoC) and 3 totally new armys. If they follow this for next year we could have Slanesh, grots, darkoath and Shadow Aelfs plus compendium for Dwarfs, Skaven and maybe old elfs

Edited by Hoseman

4 hours ago, Hoseman said:

Well... as I said I don't know about lore of the new whq. Said that if wrath and rapture is a demon box it will be useful for 40k too.

The slanesh Aelfs is something possible by lore but I think and hope for my wallet they will not come, but would be nice.

For next Aelfs nothing is said. Malerion shadow ones and the brothers celestial is supposed to come maybe next year. If I had to bet I would choose Shadow ones because of the slanesh thing going as it's supposed to be released by January or something.

Celestial Aelfs sadly maybe for 2020.

It has been a cool year for AoS and a last release with rapture box will be awesome. And there's the goblin thing going on that I hope we have a destruction release soon too.

I think this year was Nurgle expansion on january, 2 old armys battletome and expansion (DoK and BoC) and 3 totally new armys. If they follow this for next year we could have Slanesh, grots, darkoath and Shadow Aelfs plus compendium for Dwarfs, Skaven and maybe old elfs

I don't mean to be too pessimistic but I think next year going to be more 40k heavy with them having global kill team event set on Vigilius and Chaos Space Marine with Abbadon/ Black legion returning. I don't think AoS release are getting shafted like they did when 40k 8th edition happen (because Slaanesh and Moonclan are in the horizon, and maybe a Darkoath release along with the AoS Forgeworld team finally doing something) but it definetly going to be less then what we got this year. Also I don't think the next truly new army is going to be part of Order for once.

With talk of what the new Slaanesh mortals will look like, I'd like to bring attention to this passage in the CRB. 

It could mean nothing, but they've almost certainly designed whatever Slaanesh mortal models we're going to get so I reckon this may allude to the design choices. I can't point out an exact example, but I'm sure mentions in the fluff often precede appearances in model form.  In addition, it would seem a little odd to describe all of these things for AoS2, and then have a release that was nothing like what was in the CRB. 

It suggests 'fabulous knights' (maybe Hellstriders, but they don't look much like knights and they're not all that fabulous), 'golden chariots' (maybe the seeker chariots, but there was a mortal riding a big chariot in Malign portents), and dancers wearing hideous masks and fake claws (no comparable model in the Slaanesh range, but sound a bit like Sisters of Slaughter).  

20181008_173027.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Overread said:

Well next weeks preorders are Killteam so it would stand to reason that the end of the month would be ork pre and release events. At least one if not two prerelease waves.

I'd agree that we should expect to see Wrath and Rapture in November or the very start of December. 

Sounds solid to me

1 minute ago, Dave8210 said:

Could the masks and mock claws not just be deamonettes described by a person that doesn’t know they exist - presuming a mask and mock claws when it’s really a deamon face and real claws?

They describe them as being 'silk-clad', and the normal daemonettes tend to wear leather. The character also seemed to know what she's doing as she made a concoction to lure the Seekers specifically (so she'd likely know that daemons existed), so I doubt she'd mistake the claws as fake. In a fantasy world, it's probably sensible to take things at face value - if a monster looks real, it's safer to assume it is real. 

14 minutes ago, Enoby said:

They describe them as being 'silk-clad', and the normal daemonettes tend to wear leather. The character also seemed to know what she's doing as she made a concoction to lure the Seekers specifically (so she'd likely know that daemons existed), so I doubt she'd mistake the claws as fake. In a fantasy world, it's probably sensible to take things at face value - if a monster looks real, it's safer to assume it is real. 

Got to side with her not knowing what she's looking at. The 'seemed' is the biggest giveaway.

I think it's a bored princess that found a mysterious scroll entitled "perform this one cool trick for awesome party time!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I don’t like Slaneesh and don’t play it myself, but it’s still pretty exciting over all. 

New content is always healthier for the game I think, especially a big 4 Chaos god. Not sure how popular Slaneesh is, but I know at least 2 people in my local GW store who play that faction. 

I’m more into Khorne and Slaves to Darkness but both of them have pretty good models so idk if anything new will come any time soon for those. 

Even so, it gives me hope for new other cool things in the future like vampires, and maybe Dark Elves and Dwarves being unified into a good army with some swag new models and stuff. 

Exciting times these days with so much cool new content. 

Even Blood Bowl is coming out with cool stuff regularly and maybe soon Khorne and Chaos Space Marines will get some love. Berzerkers are 20 year old kits and half the Chaos line is resin. Praying for new sweet models like this! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

New content is always healthier for the game I think, especially a big 4 Chaos god. Not sure how popular Slaneesh is, but I know at least 2 people in my local GW store who play that faction.

Totally agree with this: I would hope that all factions get new models at some point. Supported factions make the game feel alive, and I would reckon make people more willing to start new armies as there'd always be the chance of something new. If someone looks at a faction and see they've not been updated for 10+ years then it doesn't look very appetizing to start it. 

As for a popularity of Slaanesh, I have no idea but from the last poll on here, they seem popular-ish for a non-battletome faction. That said, there are a lot of 3rd party Slaanesh-like models so I don't know how much of that popularity translates into sales. 

20 minutes ago, Rumblefish said:

Got to side with her not knowing what she's looking at. The 'seemed' is the biggest giveaway.

I think it's a bored princess that found a mysterious scroll entitled "perform this one cool trick for awesome party time!"

Haha, yeah that could be it. They've really gotta be careful with what mysterious scrolls they leave lying around :P

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I'm excited for new Slaanesh stuff because it means I'll finally be able to combine it with all the cool recent Nurgle stuff to do a proper STD army.

Can you mix and match marks in Slaves to Darkness like that? Like have Nurgle marked Marauders and Slaneesh Chaos Knights and a Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord and a Khornate Chaos Lord? 

13 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Totally agree with this: I would hope that all factions get new models at some point. Supported factions make the game feel alive, and I would reckon make people more willing to start new armies as there'd always be the chance of something new. If someone looks at a faction and see they've not been updated for 10+ years then it doesn't look very appetizing to start it. 

As for a popularity of Slaanesh, I have no idea but from the last poll on here, they seem popular-ish for a non-battletome faction. That said, there are a lot of 3rd party Slaanesh-like models so I don't know how much of that popularity translates into sales. 

Haha, yeah that could be it. They've really gotta be careful with what mysterious scrolls they leave lying around :P

My theory is GW have realised that new releases make a significant amount more income than stationary stock. And thanks to digital sculpting they can produce those new armies much faster than ever before.

I mean think about it. Two new kits released for say... Bloodbound and if it isn't an army you already collect you're not super likely to buy them. Brand new stuff like Kharadron or Deepkin and you might think about starting a new army. 

I believe they are even starting to do this for 40k with the idea that new chaos armies will be totally independent factions and genestealer cults being an option to expand into.

The two exceptions being Stormcast and Space Marines which as poster children will continually feature minor and major new releases on a regular basis, 

• Like 1

Do we have an actual indication that Wrath and Rapture is coming in November? Unless I missed something, officially they presented a video at Nova, unofficially someone there said that A) there would be models and B) that it's coming soon(which could mean anything). And then we got the sprue leak, which although it IS Slaneesh, is not necessarily part of the box, and was most likely unintentional. And we've had maybe one rumour engine related to Slaanesh.  Yet there seem to be a lot of people convinced that it's the next thing we'll get.

On the other hand, we've had multiple people saying that moonclan is coming this fall, we have two official moonclan/troll Underworld warband, one of which is already out, and at least 4 or 5 rumour engine that are very likely to be moonclan. And from a financial point of view, releasing a new army in November, a month where people generally spend a lot, would make a lot of sense.

Or it could be neither. I'm sure both armies will be updated in the not so distant future, I just don't think W&R is all that likely be next.

It should also be noted that there is still the non-debunked (as far as I know) fyreslayer november/late october release rumour. While I don't always put much weight to these "l heard from a guy at my store"-rumours, there is some credibility to this particular rumour, mainly that it would actually coincide with the release of Brian Bl- Gotrek Gurnisson audiodrama, and if I were a businessman, I'd use the audiodrama to promote fyreslayers and vice versa. Maybe get Brian Blessed dressed as gotrek and do video for warhammer community team, then I could die happy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

It should also be noted that there is still the non-debunked (as far as I know) fyreslayer november/late october release rumour. While I don't always put much weight to these "l heard from a guy at my store"-rumours, there is some credibility to this particular rumour, mainly that it would actually coincide with the release of Brian Bl- Gotrek Gurnisson audiodrama, and if I were a businessman, I'd use the audiodrama to promote fyreslayers and vice versa. Maybe get Brian Blessed dressed as gotrek and do video for warhammer community team, then I could die happy.

that rumor originated from the French Warhammer forum where I heard the source was pretty credible when it came to rumors

2 hours ago, novakai said:

I remember someone posted on Bolter&Chainsword who was at Nova said was told by the presenter that  Wraith and Rapture was coming next year though I am not sure how valid that statement is. 

I’m pretty sure I remember the opposite - that it was coming this year. 

2 hours ago, angrycontra said:

It should also be noted that there is still the non-debunked (as far as I know) fyreslayer november/late october release rumour.

That would be totally awesome. If Fyreslayers get a 2nd batch than any other faction might as well and it will prove New GW doesn't abandon less popular armies. I keep repeating it: supporting only those armies that sell further increases the gap between products and in the end leads to boring situation when only a few armies are meta playable. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aryann said:

That would be totally awesome. If Fyreslayers get a 2nd batch than any other faction might as well and it will prove New GW doesn't abandon less popular armies. I keep repeating it: supporting only those armies that sell further increases the gap between products and in the end leads to boring situation when only a few armies are meta playable. 

Gives me hope that Ironjawz and Beastclaw Raiders could also get more units/models/Warscrolls. 

Exciting Times!!

• Like 1