The Rumour Thread

Just now, bsharitt said:

Same here, and I might as well get the Giants box off of miniature market or Amazon while it's still there too. I didn't realize things were disappearing.

I would also keep an eye out on the skirmish boxes for those who are interested in them - such as the Weirdnob Warband.

Is there any rumor for the next (completly imminent) release of Grots? Anyone know if GW are aiming for a moonclan release? Or maybe a Grotbag Scuttlers release?

I'm looking for a second army, and flying crazy green pirates seems the best option after my flying stunties!!

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Is there any rumor for the next (completly imminent) release of Grots? Anyone know if GW are aiming for a moonclan release? Or maybe a Grotbag Scuttlers release?

I'm looking for a second army, and flying crazy green pirates seems the best option after my flying stunties!!

Most seem to believe that Moonclan Grots will be released before the end of the year. Sings started pointing in this direction with the Fungoid Cave-Shaman being a champion of Malign Portents. However, it has not been confirmed at this time AFAIK.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Most seem to believe that Moonclan Grots will be released before the end of the year. Sings started pointing in this direction with the Fungoid Cave-Shaman being a champion of Malign Portents. However, it has not been confirmed at this time AFAIK.

At this point and with the crazy full release cycle GW has shwon so far I wouldn't even be surprised, if we would see all MP-Champions factions - thus giving us both goblins and chaos barbarians before the end of the year - as well as Slaanesh for 40k (AoS in January 2019)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

for sure:

this week end starts with Kill team. Huge release

August: Titanicus : again, big release

in the mean time:

end of list of SCE and NH missing miniatures

between september and...? 2 additional codexes for 40 (already annouced)

before end 2018: 40K greenskins, important release with new mini

for AoS, Slanesh has more or less been anounced but no release date (end 2018)

and that's pretty much it.

But, seeing how GW adds some specific endless spells for factions, we can count on new endless spells soon for our actual factions.

19 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

for sure:

this week end starts with Kill team. Huge release

August: Titanicus : again, big release probably first or third week (during Warhammer Fest Europe) of August, with two single boxes of titans and a box of knighs, maybe in an additional week.

in the mean time:

(probably) next week end of list of SCE and NH missing miniatures

between september and...? Now and MidSeptember (GW anounces stuff only within the next 3 months unless forced as with GSC models and Rough trader) 2 additional codexes for 40 (already annouced(Space Wolves and Orks, both maybe with new unites, but probably if altogether only a small release. Although - and this is just my personal guess, not based on actuall information - SW would direly need their Wolflord back and orcs are a constant rumour, both would make for an exellent setup for "Armageddon 4 - the final moshing" and the return/release of World Eaters Codex with ne 'zerkers, 'zerker Termies, Juggernought riding 'zerkers and Angron)

before end 2018: 40K greenskins  40K Genestealer cult, along at least two boxes, important release with new mini Abarations and the Gunslinger-Prime. From what we heard and have been shown, Orcs are bound to get new vehicle kits and somethink speedcult related late 2018. All hints point at  Gorkamorka as a boxed game and not a 'dex/compleat line overhaul - sadly

for AoS, Slaanesh, she has  more or less been announced but no release date (end 2018 for 40k with Fulgrim and his lads getting a comeback *ggg* and the AoS part popping in in January 2019, as with Tzeentch and Nurgle the years before)

and that's pretty much it.

But, seeing how GW adds some specific endless spells for factions, we can count on new endless spells soon for our actual factions.

So:
July: Kill team NH/SCE wrapup

August Adeptus titanicus (1-2 weeks) + 1-2 Codexes (both could be one week, depending on accompanying models)

as for what we know: that leaves:

GSC (1-2 Weeks), Rough trader (1 Week), Gorkamorka (1 Week), Emperors children (upt to 3-4 weeks) for what? Mid August till end of year, with sime  BB/necro/AT boxes mixed in (in weeks with other minor releases like codexes/battletome overhauls, leftover boxes of new factions etc. 
All in all there is enough wiggle room for at least 1 new faction for the two main systems. Right now the only limitation seams to be production capacity for GW, which is not totaly up to them from what we know. 

Warhammer Fest Europe probably will show us some of the stuff that's to come between August and late October/early November, with the stuff shown at Warhammer fest GB being nearly the months in the past then. Could be an interesting event - will be hard not to be spoilered before Sunday, when I get there for the GD Classics

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tip4Tap said:

Anybody got any news on skaven? I feel like it’s time everyone’s favourite rats got an update.

This is a total guess here, but I feel we won't see anything until the end of next year for them - at least, following the other Chaos gods (40k may get Angron or Abaddon around this time). If we're lucky, we'll get a Skaven united battletome.  

That said, I don't know if we'll see a Slaanesh release in either system by the end of the year (but will next year). I think Abaddon and his Black Legion will be getting a release, alongside Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen. Nothing really to go on here, but that's kind of what I'm feeling - I reckon Slaanesh will be a big narrative event in both systems, which seems odd to come at the end of Malign Portents. But, on the other hand, it may get a release before any narrative event to boost popularity and attention.  

15 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I reckon Slaanesh will be a big narrative event in both systems, which seems odd to come at the end of Malign Portents. But, on the other hand, it may get a release before any narrative event to boost popularity and attention.  

I very confidently predicted Slaanesh (and Light/Shadow aelves) to be the 2nd major story item - right up until MalPo started happening.  I completely didn't expect Nagash to be the next major player.  All of my reasons from then for seeing Slaanesh come next are still true now, so I suppose I'm still confidently predicting that this time that's going to be next (again) haha.

6 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

I very confidently predicted Slaanesh (and Light/Shadow aelves) to be the 2nd major story item - right up until MalPo started happening.  I completely didn't expect Nagash to be the next major player.  All of my reasons from then for seeing Slaanesh come next are still true now, so I suppose I'm still confidently predicting that this time that's going to be next (again) haha.

Well, I hope you're right this time :P I agree - I think that Slaanesh will be the next big story, but I don't think we'll have another big story for at least a year. Until then, I think we'll be getting a Chaos Undivided list to tide us over. 

An argument in favour of a Skaven release; The Deathrunner from Warhammer Quest is one of the only models (to my knowledge) that hasn't yet been followed up by a faction release. Assuming we regard the mistweaver as a prototype for Idoneth Deepkin, and Tenebrael Shard as a intended for Daughters of Khaine, or for a future release of Dark Aelves. If the latter, I would throw put my bets down on the next faction to be either;

a) Clan Eshin release

b) Shadow Aelves release

c) Slaanesh release (We know this one is coming, so this is more in what order, or what comes first)

Followed by Moonclan and Slaves to Darkness down the road. Purely speculation though, so don't take my word for any of it! ;)

Edited by Mayple
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mayple said:

An argument in favour of a Skaven release; The Deathrunner from Warhammer Quest is one of the only models (to my knowledge) that hasn't yet been followed up by a faction release. 

What about the grot scuttlings? Don't forget about the grot scuttlings! ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

What about the grot scuttlings? Don't forget about the grot scuttlings! ?

Oh yeah! Those too! So much cool stuff ahead to speculate on. Good times!

On the 40k side of things, I'm fairly certain Genestealer Cults are getting new stuff alongside their codex. Saw a bunch of new models a few weeks back. So even if Skaven turns out to be a far away thing, there will be new parts to skavenfy :) The cults make great rats.

Assuming gw doesn't pull a cheeky double AoS/40k release with Genestealer Cults/Something else

Edited by Mayple

Not a rumour but more of a wish. I really  hope the new killteam is a succes and they do a similar version for AoS. I'm really missing a cool skirmish game for AoS. Current Skirmish is cool but lacks a bit of depth. So maybe next year around the same time :) 

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Not a rumour but more of a wish. I really  hope the new killteam is a succes and they do a similar version for AoS. I'm really missing a cool skirmish game for AoS. Current Skirmish is cool but lacks a bit of depth. So maybe next year around the same time :) 

I don't thik we will see a skirmish in AoS because of *cough* Shadespire (season 2) *cough*

1 hour ago, Bloodmaster said:

I don't thik we will see a skirmish in AoS because of *cough* Shadespire (season 2) *cough*

Tabletop skirmish games and hex-based board/card games have totally different audiences though. There'll be some overlap no doubt (I do know people who play both), but they scratch very different itches. I have very little interest in Shadespire because it has basically no narrative component and there's much less scope for personalising your warband. The deck building aspect is also a turn off for me. A full-fat skirmish game with a load of evocative scenery, warband customisation and narrative campaigns though - sign me up! GW will get no money out of me for Shadespire, but I'll take out a second mortgage to support a re-imagining of Mordheim.

I very much doubt that GW would view an AoS Kill Team as something that would cannibalise Shadespire. And if they do, well - I think they're wrong.

12 hours ago, Mayple said:

An argument in favour of a Skaven release; The Deathrunner from Warhammer Quest is one of the only models (to my knowledge) that hasn't yet been followed up by a faction release. Assuming we regard the mistweaver as a prototype for Idoneth Deepkin, and Tenebrael Shard as a intended for Daughters of Khaine, or for a future release of Dark Aelves. If the latter, I would throw put my bets down on the next faction to be either;;)

i'm tending to think the shard is actually more of a malerion elves release with the snippet in the new rulebook.

There's a box out in there to do with the elves of the realm of shadows and talks of the elves with horns and tails, and looking at the shard model,  he's quite heavily built and pretty draconic in that respect.

Interesting stuff.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bloodmaster said:

Don't expect those to to fully hit each others USP.  It gives a very different experience making both unique (depending on how they develop of course) but we'll see. I'm with @Jamie the Jasper in that regard. 

Also @Overread I remember a YouTuber mentioning new unique models/warband for Killteam to be released later this year. I'll try to update if I remember where I saw it because I don't know how strong the source was. Something about the teased rogue trader models actually being kill team models or something. 

3 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Also @Overread I remember a YouTuber mentioning new unique models/warband for Killteam to be released later this year. I'll try to update if I remember where I saw it because I don't know how strong the source was. Something about the teased rogue trader models actually being kill team models or something. 

Rogue Trader is an expansion for Kill Team apparently. I've seen a box mockup that proves this to be the case, assuming it's genuine. I may be wrong, but I believe this was also confirmed at the Forgeworld Open Day.

6 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Don't expect those to to fully hit each others USP.  It gives a very different experience making both unique (depending on how they develop of course) but we'll see. I'm with @Jamie the Jasper in that regard. 

you and @Jamie the Jasper both misunderstood - I am not saying because Shadespire is an individual based skrimish like killteam there won't be a AoS-Skirmish, but because we have already a sepeart game based on AoS , we won't see anotherone with a similar small scale approce soon. GW can only support so much systems, and a skirmish for a skirmsih game is not as high up as already existing, sucessfull games.

Killteam will get Rough trader as an expension with two new factions. And yes, @Jamie the Jasper, you are wrong. The Infos are leaking from other sources, the Box content and first pictures where leake some weeks ago and confimed by GW in a short video. This week we got information snips via faeit on the background of each faction an a short inllustration for both.

Edited by Bloodmaster

Just now, Bloodmaster said:

you and @Jamie the Jasper both misunderstood - I am not saying because Shadespire is an individual based skrimish like killteam there won't be a AoS-Skirmish, but because we have already a sepeart game based on AoS , we won't see anotherone with a similar small scale approce soon. GW can only support so much systems, and a skirmish for a skirmsih game is not as high up as already existing, sucessfull games.

haha Oh, that makes more sense to me. Yeah, that's true but that's also resource management and if Shadespire has enough traction to support itself resources into new avenues would open up again. But we'll see :) 

1 minute ago, Bloodmaster said:

Killteam will get Rough trader as an expension with two new factions.

I see what you mean. I don't necessarily agree though. A proper skirmish game for AoS ticks a few boxes:

• Provides a better point of entry for new players, with fewer models required.
  • AoS currently seems to be riding high off the back of the new edition, so arguably there's never been a better time to extend the franchise.
  • We've seen GW use boxed games as a vehicle for selling awesome new modular terrain kits in the last few years, and AoS badly needs one of these.

If Kill Team is successful (and all signs say that it will be) then I think it's only a matter of time before we see a proper AoS skirmish game. It might still be a few years away, but it must be on the cards.

20 hours ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

I see what you mean. I don't necessarily agree though. A proper skirmish game for AoS ticks a few boxes:

• Provides a better point of entry for new players, with fewer models required.
  • AoS currently seems to be riding high off the back of the new edition, so arguably there's never been a better time to extend the franchise.
  • We've seen GW use boxed games as a vehicle for selling awesome new modular terrain kits in the last few years, and AoS badly needs one of these.

If Kill Team is successful (and all signs say that it will be) then I think it's only a matter of time before we see a proper AoS skirmish game. It might still be a few years away, but it must be on the cards.

I see what you mean. I don't necessarily agree though as I think yo are wrong again on many levels, let  point some things out to illustrated and reason why I think so:

• AoS in itself is basicly a skirmish that scales quite well into larger battles.
  • AoS right now has to expand its factions and faction choices not push out more and more different subgames. The first would expand the IP in generall, the later would feed on the main system, splitting or even reducing profits for both
  • AoS just got a box set
  • what you really mean and want is more an campaign expension with the development of characters, more magic itmes and individual abilites as well as the possibility to scale down engagements even further then it is possible right now, not another standalone game based on an IP that is still in its own expanding development.
  • and if GW does a Killteam like AoS game, its not on the cards right now, it will go there only after killteam has seen a longer periode of evaluation - actually killteam in itself is just a reaction to the surprisingly hugh sucess shadow war was. GW was surprised by it more than anyone else!
Edited by Bloodmaster
  • Confused 1