The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Angela said:

Here is the page with the links to the faction focuses in 3rd edition, but they were not called Faction focus then.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/11/how-the-new-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-affects-every-faction/

I’m assuming it’ll be closer to 40k’s reveals last year because we’re doing Indexes, meaning we see all the warscrolls, the abilities, and assorted thingies, then later we get the points. 

2 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’m assuming it’ll be closer to 40k’s reveals last year because we’re doing Indexes, meaning we see all the warscrolls, the abilities, and assorted thingies, then later we get the points. 

Not really all the warscrolls, just here's your army rule, some stratagems and a few units.

Here's an example how the 10th edition 40k faction focuses turned out:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/05/25/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-thousand-sons-2/

These happened between the reveal of the launch box and the week before the start of the preorders.

After that, in the week before and after the preorder, we got the core rules and fulldatasheets for all the factions and in the second preorder week going up to the launch date we got points and Combat Patrol datasheets

Edited by Matrindur
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

Not really all the warscrolls, just here's your army rule, some stratagems and a few units.

Here's an example how the 10th edition 40k faction focuses turned out:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/05/25/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-thousand-sons-2/

These happened between the reveal of the launch box and the week before the start of the preorders.

After that, in the two weeks before and after the preorder, we got the core rules and fulldatasheets for all the factions and in the second preorder week going up to the launch date we got points and Combat Patrol datasheets

You’re right. I confused the actual indexes with the focuses. 

8 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I would say this is the winning bet.

Yeah, if you check each warehouse you will see different Spearhead/vanguards and a few sold out vanguards waiting to be removed from the store because they are Sold Out.

With the prosecutors coming in a group of 3 this starts framing up some more speculation surrounding the contents of the launch box on the Stormcast side. 

Dominion ---------------- New Launch Box

10x Vindictors - 10x Liberators

3x Annihilators - 3x Reclusians

3x Praetors - 3x Prosecutors

Left unmatched compared to what we think may be coming

Yndrasta - Hammer Hero From Artwork Leaks

Lord-Imperatant - Raven Mounted Leader

Knight Arcanum - I am going to guess a Knight ranked cater of some kind

Knight Vexillor - I am going to guess a Knight Azyros

What do you think would round out this box?

31 minutes ago, IronVIke said:

With the prosecutors coming in a group of 3 this starts framing up some more speculation surrounding the contents of the launch box on the Stormcast side. 

I would say the Yndastra equivalent will be the Lord-Vigilant on Gryph-Stalker, so maybe the cover hero won't be in the box.

Edited by Ejecutor

16 minutes ago, IronVIke said:

Maybe the Reclusians count for 5 models (because of the human squires) and that's it, or at least they count for 1 SCE-sized model, so we'd only get some sort of Knight caster as you mention -which is kind of needed anyway after losing all the Sacrosanct wizards.

13 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Maybe the Reclusians count for 5 models (because of the human squires) and that's it, or at least they count for 1 SCE-sized model, so we'd only get some sort of Knight caster as you mention -which is kind of needed anyway after losing all the Sacrosanct wizards.

Maybe we have that caster/ wizard spot covered with the Knight Arcanun? We had a few of them during the 3rd edition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe we have that caster/ wizard spot covered with the Knight Arcanun? We had a few of them during the 3rd edition.

good point. Somehow, I keep forgetting that the Knight Arcanum exists. really that mask gives them Kaiser Soze-like qualities!

Edited by Marcvs

1 minute ago, Marcvs said:

good point. Somehow, I keep forgetting that the Knight Arcanum exist. really that mask gives them Kaiser Soze-like qualities!

It just came to my mind because the exclusive version sale ended yesterday, I think.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

They can still change the name right?

I woudn't give a lot of credit to AoS boxes. I still remember that the old Orcs&Goblins had rules, even featured in the second campaign (with fun rules, I miss the option to put set terrain on fire) and a Start Collecting box,. A few months later, they were removed...

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Don't you find it weird that we are 16 days away from seeing the full box but we don't know its name yet?

Didn't Whitefang Jr. mention being excited for "Skaventide"? I presume that will be the box name. 

4 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Didn't Whitefang Jr. mention being excited for "Skaventide"? I presume that will be the box name. 

It could be, yeah, but I read it before as a synonym of the Vermindoom, I think. So I am not fully sure.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Don't you find it weird that we are 16 days away from seeing the full box but we don't know its name yet?

It's called "Thingamabob" :D 

Do I find it weird? A little bit. It seems the media to drum up excitement has stalled or changed. I'm not too sure why but it implies something has happened in the background. This could be something like the release date to somebody who was dealing with this is off ill or has left. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

It could be, yeah, but I read it before as a synonym of the Vermindoom, I think. So I am not fully sure.

It was the same with Dominion. I think the name was revealed the same day of the unboxing or a few weeks earlier

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It was the same with Dominion. I think the name was revealed the same day of the unboxing or a few weeks earlier

Actually there was this american streamer (can't remember the name) who spoiled the name of the box and some contents , describing "kruleboyz" as "closely resemble of lords of the rings orcs " 😉

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Stormcast Gheist? 

IMG_7961.jpeg

If we didn't know that the Celestant Prime is not being renewed I would say new Celestant Prime, but as Nezhil said, I would go for the new generic Endless Spells (which I just figured out that if this is a thing it has to be revealed shortly after the box as it would be needed from day one).

32 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Looks like "chinese plastic" to me. New terrain, Endless or Incarnate?

Colour me intrigued, how can you tell this, what are the “signs”. Is it casting detail?

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If we didn't know that the Celestant Prime is not being renewed I would say new Celestant Prime, but as Nezhil said, I would go for the new generic Endless Spells (which I just figured out that if this is a thing it has to be revealed shortly after the box as it would be needed from day one).

Well, this is assuming this is even for AoS and not something Psychic for Agents of the Imperium. 

• Like 1