The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

They will probably have a copy of his warscroll in White Dwarf I bet so even if we don't get the rules online early it would be whenever those people with early access to WDs get them. 

85!!! 85 for the darktide game!!!!! 

The game better be amazing to justify that price for 9 models and some card pieces. 

Just now, AquaRegis said:

85!!! 85 for the darktide game!!!!! 

The game better be amazing to justify that price for 9 models and some card pieces. 

I also thought it was 9 at the beginning, but they are 20:

Take Tertium from the Console to the Tabletop in Warhammer 40,000 Darktide: The Miniatures Game - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Between the heroes and villains, you get a full 20 miniatures in the box – plenty for an afternoon or three of gritty spec ops missions. 

It is still pricey, but better 20 than 9.

4chan leaks jokes are always funny, but I had forgotten about the BFG rumours and I got all giddy again thinking about a reworked BFG. If I can't have decent GW ship battles, I'm fine with having decent GW spaceship battles! 🤩

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

4chan leaks jokes are always funny, but I had forgotten about the BFG rumours and I got all giddy again thinking about a reworked BFG. If I can't have decent GW ship battles, I'm fine with having decent GW spaceship battles! 🤩

I'd love to see Battlefleet again and really surprised why GW don't do a print to order with it (and other games) from time to time. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

I'm hoping we'll see a BFG reboot, even if it is only Heresy initially (which based off Legions Imperialis seems realistic). However part of me does hope they'll have made a conscious effort to sort out production capacity before announcing another game that will be sold out for months five minutes before pre-order.

• Like 2

New Prosecutors.

V6UsRrqVbxdgZbYn.jpg

YKcjEw7.png

0X0XonL.png

q7KKeKcoeqIUSxrh.jpg

GZLHaQGBu7KBdK54.jpg

There are still plenty of new miniatures for the Skaven and Stormcast Eternals, and next week, we’ll be showing off another reimagined unit developed by the Clans Skryre. Later today, we’ll also be previewing rules from the first General’s Handbook, and we’ve got a wealth of Spearhead coverage to come.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 9

3 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

For some reason those non-mask/faceplate helmets seem wrong on those Stormcast.

I kind of like them. It makes the unit look more distinct and lends them a Hoplite-look which fits their weaponry.

Forces-of-Fame-Hoplies-Article-Header.jp

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Extremely rad models but adding dice to charge rolls is very interesting!

maybe I am missing some nuance between adding a dice and rolling 3d6, but they already had the same rule.

As for the minis, I am not a fan of the tactical columns in general, other than that Prosecutors are a cool concept and these are a nice improvement.

10 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

3 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Not enough dynamic to me, but still better that the old ones 

I expect there'll be a multipart kit like the annihilators in 3rd, with full masks and different poses

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm liking the Valkyire/ Ancient greek vibe with them, with the "Grimdark" chainmail and tassles. They look miles better then the old chunky ones and don't look like they will fall over when placed on a slight incline. 

going off this and the last few boxes that means the tormcast side of the box will be. 
The lord of big bird (as the centre piece model) 
1 0r 2 foot heroes 
10 Liberators 
3 of those dudes with shields 
3 prosecutors 
"MAYBE" some ranged unit of 5. 

Skaven will probaly be 
Claw lord on the rat monster
the big Rat Ogre 
the leaked heavy weapon
Warlock engineer with Rife
Warplock Jezzails 
40 Clanrats 
Another unkown hero.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Hum. It is curious how the trailer showed masked SCE but those are closer to CoS than SCE IMO. Also, the wings feel a bit strange. The trident is also a curious pick.

Could be masked and unmasked head options in the kit itself. IIRC the Dominion Stormcast had a bunch of helmeted and unhelmeted heads with them. 

11 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Personally I think it's something they needed. When Stormcast first appeared and they were hidden behind faceplates, I thought they would be disfigured monsters but they weren't. :( 

Really like these. But we have a BUT.....

image.png.fb327a368060bd5e0270bd07fb44268c.png

I think the Javelins should be painted in a glowing aether effect! :D 

• LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

maybe I am missing some nuance between adding a dice and rolling 3d6, but they already had the same rule.

As for the minis, I am not a fan of the tactical columns in general, other than that Prosecutors are a cool concept and these are a nice improvement.

It allows this ability to interact with opponent's abilities that subtract dice, but it is otherwise more or less the same. I think writing it this way prevents situations where you roll 3d6 and your opponent triggers their "make them roll 1d6" ability and you just get trumped by it. Overall it's nice and makes those abilities more intuitive in their interaction.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I kind of like them. It makes the unit look more distinct and lends them a Hoplite-look which fits their weaponry.

Forces-of-Fame-Hoplies-Article-Header.jp

Yeah, it reminded me of Greek soldiers instantly, but there's something odd about changing entirely how SCE have been looking previously. With helmet or without. Now we have something in between.